CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Do you get respect in your C4 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/1259625-do-you-get-respect-in-your-c4.html)

aboatguy 12-17-2005 06:07 PM

Do you get respect in your C4

Do other motorists respect your right to be on the road when you're driving your C4?

It seems to me that people will run stop signs, change lanes into my car and otherwise act like I don't exist or do not have the right of way.

For example a while back I was in line at the turn lane was about to round the corner when some jerk in a lifted Dodge, decided to come over, my warning was constant bearing decreasing distance and a flashing read arrow on his drivers side mirror. I slammed on my brakes and saw a huge class V reciever that looked like it crossed over my hood. I honked my horn and the clown flipped me off. So I dropped back a few car lengths and figured I would explain to this clown that it was not polite to flip people off especially when you make a turn from the center lane.

A few minutes later he pulled into a Walmart. (Go figure a Walmart shopper) so I pulled in to the lot and parked about 50 feet from him. He saw me park and started running towards my car yelling about how he was going to kick my.... so I exited my car and when he got a little closer, he revised his assessment of the situation and apoligized for cutting me off and started rambling about work etc. Some people believe that the size/power of their vehicle relates to their size/power in real life.

I bet he does not go running towards another C4 thinking he's goiing to kick someones rear! :rofl:

Is this a normal part of C4 ownership?

Mike

Jet-Jock 12-17-2005 06:10 PM

I don't think it's isolated to C4's.

Corvette Kid 12-17-2005 06:15 PM

I believe that although there is no shortage of a-holes out there, that are some that simply resent us having a Vette and go out of their way to pimp us over. I know without a doubt that I've experienced it on numerous occasions.

irfrugus 12-17-2005 06:33 PM

its not just c4 but ya its happening to me now that i have one
they cut u off, etc etc happens when u have a nice car just jealous dicks is all i can come up with

now when out of the car ooo nice car lol

cosmicvette 12-17-2005 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid NC
I believe that although there is no shortage of a-holes out there, that are some that simply resent us having a Vette and go out of their way to pimp us over. I know without a doubt that I've experienced it on numerous occasions.

Yeah I know what you mean.

I was cruising in my c3 the other day and people had the nerve to tailgate me and cut around me in a real dangerous manner for absolutely no reason....like they were trying to prove something.

Corvette Kid 12-17-2005 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by cosmicvette
Yeah I know what you mean.

I was cruising in my c3 the other day and people had the nerve to tailgate me and cut around me in a real dangerous manner for absolutely no reason....like they were trying to prove something.

Exactly.

Cozmo 12-17-2005 06:38 PM

:iagree: I experience more rude behavior from other folks when driving my C4 than when driving my Pontiac.

khindmon 12-17-2005 06:39 PM

:iagree: 100 %

Wayne88 12-17-2005 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by aboatguy
. A few minutes later he pulled into a Walmart. (Go figure a Walmart shopper) so I pulled in to the lot and parked about 50 feet from him. He saw me park and started running towards my car yelling about how he was going to kick my.... so I exited my car and when he got a little closer, he revised his assessment of the situation and apoligized for cutting me off and started rambling about work etc. Some people believe that the size/power of their vehicle relates to their size/power in real life.

There is no shortage of f--ked up motorists where I live, no matter what kind of car you are driving.

But in an instance like the above, its always wise to concede to the jerk, even if you can trash him with your right arm tied behind your back.
Why? Because he will come back and vandalize your Corvette, he nows where its parked.

96CEwGEARS 12-17-2005 06:50 PM

As a pretty new C4 owner, I thought it was my imagination. But other drivers do seem to behave a little goofy.

All in all, I'm not normally a green light burnout kind of guy but there seem to be a lot of Folks who are. Particularly when I'm along side them at the light.

Just have to be a little more defensive I suppose.

So....on the flip side, how are you supposed to behave yourself when somebody's significant female other is 'eyeballing' you from the passenger side? Hold up a card with your phone number?

;)

BrianCunningham 12-17-2005 07:07 PM

Part of the problem is the cars height, they can't see you as well.

Good reason to have a loud exhaust! :thumbs:

Biff Buyer 12-17-2005 09:10 PM

most people just get offended when i drive on past. Either they'll pipe me or do somthing really stupid to show off. I think its funny, watching them and their little mustangs or w/e. The funniest type of people to watch "show off" would be the tuner crowd. Its hillarious watching them try to do a burnout. :yesnod:

okies93 12-17-2005 09:13 PM

I don't understand the fuss, where I live we don't have a-hole drivers. Everybody is respectful and they wave too....bawhahaha

vader86 12-17-2005 09:20 PM

In Baton Rouge, where the only good driver seems to be myself, you'll get cut off nearly everyday by a SUV.

Tailgating here is commonplace between the other college age guys and bumper-to-bumper traffic everywhere.

rightofway 12-17-2005 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by vader86
In Baton Rouge, where the only good driver seems to be myself, you'll get cut off nearly everyday by a SUV.

Tailgating here is commonplace between the other college age guys and bumper-to-bumper traffic everywhere.

:iagree: and in baton rouge red-lights and stop signs are taken as suggestions :rolleyes:

and i get no respect at all at school where everyone has a lifted bronco/lifted explorer/brand ****ing new car :toetap:
the most respect i get is from my porsche owning friend and he seems to think it's a rivalry. :D
and aren't these cars supposed to be chick magnets not tard magnets

sorry about the slight rant :(

cv67 12-17-2005 09:46 PM

Its because of the car. I get the same treatment too whenever I drive them, they either want to race or give you driving lessons.. 'Course when I'm in the worktruck or my battered old van it never happens, they stay clear. People... :crazy:

FELNGR8 12-17-2005 11:20 PM

I never have experienced that in my C4.

In my Honda Civic Si hatch... I got all that and in spades from the Dodgem pickup aholes. Including one who while stopped at a light decided to make a right turn from the left lane right over my hood. I quickly backed up enough to not get hit. I had them deliberately try to run me off the road on multi lane interstates.

The Ford and Chevy truck owners don't act that way, just the collection of idiots who go for Dodges.

AA2PR 12-18-2005 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by aboatguy
Do other motorists respect your right to be on the road when you're driving your C4?

It seems to me that people will run stop signs, change lanes into my car and otherwise act like I don't exist or do not have the right of way.

For example a while back I was in line at the turn lane was about to round the corner when some jerk in a lifted Dodge, decided to come over, my warning was constant bearing decreasing distance and a flashing read arrow on his drivers side mirror. I slammed on my brakes and saw a huge class V reciever that looked like it crossed over my hood. I honked my horn and the clown flipped me off. So I dropped back a few car lengths and figured I would explain to this clown that it was not polite to flip people off especially when you make a turn from the center lane.

A few minutes later he pulled into a Walmart. (Go figure a Walmart shopper) so I pulled in to the lot and parked about 50 feet from him. He saw me park and started running towards my car yelling about how he was going to kick my.... so I exited my car and when he got a little closer, he revised his assessment of the situation and apoligized for cutting me off and started rambling about work etc. Some people believe that the size/power of their vehicle relates to their size/power in real life.

I bet he does not go running towards another C4 thinking he's goiing to kick someones rear! :rofl:

Is this a normal part of C4 ownership?

Mike

We have a deadly force law in Florida. can,t stop anyone from running over,.,but i can fix it so thet can,t leave,,[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ize_resize.jpg

aboatguy 12-18-2005 11:11 AM

I don't think your going to need that arsenal against rude drivers. In fact if you need a firearm against some Billy Bob and his urban assualt vehicle you are probably bringing a pistol to a long-gun fight.

Besides there is not enough room in my Vert for all that hardware.

JMHO
Mike

AA2PR 12-18-2005 11:20 AM

Road Rage

Unfortunately road rage is a part of daily driving. And many seem to to take their attitudes with them when they get behind the wheel.We in Flordia see it often,people loosing their lifes on our highways because of this. It is a fact of life and in order to keep my safety intact(you can,t allways get away,i keep a licensed firearm with me when i am out in the car. I do not brandish nor intimidate if involved in an incident but i refuse to accept physical harm.If there is no way to leave the scene and i have to resort to violence it will be deadly. I don,t know what has happened in America with our drivivg habits but i do know the idillic scene in the old Chevrolet commercials going down the road singing hair blowing in the wind are gone. Nowdays its a direct demonstration of aggression and attitude when behind the wheel..Stay alert and stay alive.