CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Everyone was staring at me (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1262581-everyone-was-staring-at-me.html)

Short-Throw 12-21-2005 04:51 PM

Everyone was staring at me

Well after a 3 week hiatus, I took the Mag Red Vert out so atrophy wouldn't set in. Every single car around me stared in awe. I'm not sure if it was the C6 itself, or the fact that it was so clean and shiny.

All cars around here are covered with salt and road grime. My car looks like Rudolf's nose in a black and white movie. I'd like to think they were infatuated with the C6. I have a feeling if I were driving an AMC Gremlin with '3 on the tree' and it was shiny, they would've have looked as well. :toetap:

Anyone else in the snowbelt notice this? :bigears

p.s. For the millionth time, be careful out there with the Z51 tires. :beatdeadhorse:
Despite the few who claim they are ok in the winter, one little error in judgement could ruin a lot of peoples days!

Top Flight Reproductions 12-21-2005 04:57 PM

I envy you.... :thumbs:

jim213 12-21-2005 05:13 PM

I was out myself today in about 34° and received a few thumbs up. Great feeling driving a clean car on a lousy day.

:thumbs:

bub 12-21-2005 05:21 PM

:iagree:

It's supposed to be nice here in KC tomorrow. Time to fire her up for a "spin" in to work (my first since taking delivery 12/16/05)!

-CKB

cmb13 12-21-2005 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Well after a 3 week hiatus, I took the Mag Red Vert out so atrophy wouldn't set in. Every single car around me stared in awe. I'm not sure if it was the C6 itself, or the fact that it was so clean and shiny.

It must have been the fact the you had the top down. You did have the top down, right? That's what the heated seats are for! :cheers:

THE LEGEND LIVES 12-21-2005 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Anyone else in the snowbelt notice this?

Nope...my 'vettes are in storage from Nov - April! :(

ZeusC6 12-21-2005 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by THE LEGEND LIVES
Nope...my 'vettes are in storage from Nov - April! :(

6 months a year you don't drive 2 vettes????

Short-Throw 12-21-2005 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by cmb13
It must have been the fact the you had the top down. You did have the top down, right? That's what the heated seats are for! :cheers:

I did think about it for a millisecond. If I had my top down, my thread would've been titled:

Hey, Look at that that A$$***! :lol:

It'sHerVette! 12-21-2005 07:01 PM

It's the Mag-Red. A spectacular color.

ASZ2222 12-21-2005 10:49 PM

p.s. For the millionth time, be careful out there with the Z51 tires.

:thumbs: :cheers: Thanks for the reminder. Had mine out tonight.

own2vettes 12-22-2005 03:02 PM

Everyone was staring at me
Me too......but my fly was open.

MoonMatters 12-24-2005 09:03 PM

Gas

No not me, the car..

I took my Mag Red out last Sunday but only for a short trip to the gas station. I wanted to go longer but the roads were covered with salt and didn't put the splash gards on yet, Had to get gas last time I went for a real ride I didn't think we would get all the snow we had before my next ride. I hope the rain on Xmas day cleans some of the streets so I can get a longer ride in soon.

Spridal 12-24-2005 09:33 PM

Took mine out today as well to enjoy the 80 degree weather we had here in California :lol:

Flatbush_Harry 12-24-2005 09:43 PM

Took miune out for a ride in the Denver metro...a little dirty but worth the wash manana.

:cheers:

Harry

purple heart 12-24-2005 10:33 PM

My turn Tuesday...

My mag red vert has been sitting now for about 3, maybe 4 weeks, starting to lose count. But, all is not lost...I have an aptmt this Tuesday with a local Corvette shop, Auto XTC, to install my Z06 Wheel Opening Mldgs(mud guards/flaps otherwise known as) AND a plastic strip on the nose piece only-the part of the front bumper that protrudes out just above the grille opening to each side of the bumper where the front side marker lites are. Maybe the lower piece too. Those areas are the most hit by foreign objects, ie. bugs, pebbles, stones and June bugs here in Florida. Can't wait to take it out again. Later... :steering: :auto: :party:

FastMover 12-24-2005 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by cmb13

We had the top down But didn't need the AC it was only 72
Merry Christmas all
:cheers:

ghostRder 12-24-2005 10:37 PM

Drive my Z every day .... :thumbs:

2005ArcticWhite 12-24-2005 10:41 PM

:thumbs: :thumbs:

BOB'S C6 12-24-2005 10:49 PM

Took mine out shopping yesterday...roads were dry and in the 40's..Thought I was getting spring fever already!
People do tend to look when you have a shiny car around here in December. :lol:

rmreid 12-24-2005 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by own2vettes
Me too......but my fly was open.

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: