CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Carlisle questions (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/129140-carlisle-questions.html)

Bender 08-07-2001 12:57 AM

Carlisle questions

Hello everybody! Corvette “amateur” seeks Carlisle questions:

1. If I drove out and found out I was having a great time, would I be able to get a hotel room for the night?
2. Would it be weird if I went there by myself?
3. Are there any single women there???

Spending too much time working and not enough time driving my car. Seems like a really good event to attend. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Mr Mojo 08-07-2001 01:03 AM

Re: Carlisle questions (Quasar92Blue)

1. it depends, I got lucky two years ago and got a room for me and 3 friends.

2.It wouldn't be weird unless you feel it's weird. I go with about 20 people but end up walking around alone.

3.Yes there are single women there, but they are usually with their fathers :lol:

Brett K 08-07-2001 01:05 AM

Hello everybody! Corvette “amateur” seeks Carlisle questions:

1. If I drove out and found out I was having a great time, would I be able to get a hotel room for the night?

Probably not in Carlisle, but you could find one within a half hour away or so. I would try and find one beforehand that had openings to avoid driving around.

2. Would it be weird if I went there by myself?

No way. You would probably meet lots of forum mebers if you make it there on Saturday.

3. Are there any single women there???

No, but there are so many Vettes you won't be dissappointed.

Spending too much time working and not enough time driving my car. Seems like a really good event to attend. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Ruby6spd 08-07-2001 12:45 PM

you should definitly attend..... there is plenty to do and see--- you will be amazed at how many corvettes are there....

my parents usually go with me and my girlfriend and they enjoy it alot(they like corvettes but no where near the level i am at) so you can see there is something for everyone

come by the 40th anniversary area and say hello--- I will be there all day Saturday

hope to see you there

65Z01 08-07-2001 01:07 PM

Try Expedia to locate a nearby hotel. I agree, likely about 1/2 hr away.

I'll be parked in the 35th Anniversary area and walking around looking for parts (I need a horn ring for my 35th and maybe the side emblems too).

jeepie91 08-07-2001 02:43 PM

1) I made my reservations about 2 months in advance the last time I went (1999) and
the closest I could find was Harrisburg, not a bad drive in.

2) I went with my wife and and another couple, so we made a nice weekend out of it.
The girls kinda lost interest after the first couple of hours, but there is food and beer.
I think it would be more fun if you went with a buddy who is into cars.

3) As for the single women, most seemed to be with someone, but there were a lot of
nice outfits...

A couple other comments, If you have a Vette or want one Carlisle is the place to go.
I went there to find a Vette, probably not a good idea, most cars were overpriced and
the owners would not accept reasonable bids at the auctions. But there are parts all
over the place, so you have to hit every site to find the best deal.
Oh yea, just driving around Carlisle is cool, during vette weekend I would guess there
10 vettes for 1 regular car driving around the town, and vettes parked all over.
These are just my opinions, I could be wrong...

CNTDRV55 08-07-2001 03:53 PM

>3. Are there any single women there???

The schedule of events does list a beauty contest......married and single contestants. You'll have to ask others that have seen it, for opinions.