CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 ZR-1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion-50/)
-   -   1993 40th anniversary value? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion/1291673-1993-40th-anniversary-value.html)

cavemantrader 01-25-2006 10:57 PM

1993 40th anniversary value?
 
Hey guys,
I've just recently started looking at getting a ZR-1. I've spotted a 1993 40th Z with 20,000 miles. Assuming the car is well taken car of, what is fair value for this car?

And do you guys have any suggestions for individuals / companies that are qualified to inspect a car before I fly to close the deal? Specifically in the Jacksonville, Florida area.

Thanks very much for the help,
Dave

Frank43 01-25-2006 11:04 PM

Mid 30's depending on condition

Mr Mojo 01-26-2006 12:02 PM

More than half the Z's in '93 were Rubies.

LPE385 01-26-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavemantrader
Hey guys,
I've just recently started looking at getting a ZR-1. I've spotted a 1993 40th Z with 20,000 miles. Assuming the car is well taken car of, what is fair value for this car?

And do you guys have any suggestions for individuals / companies that are qualified to inspect a car before I fly to close the deal? Specifically in the Jacksonville, Florida area.

Thanks very much for the help,
Dave


There are so many factors that make the value on this car. The 91-93's were bad about acid rain in the paint from the factory so look at the car under floresant light. Wheather strips, Clutch, Tranny, half shafts, CD players, head liners, Bose amps, clear coat on the wheels, engine stains, starter replacement, leaky injectors, lumbar bladders, etc. With 20,000 miles it either needs tires or has fairly new ones, what kind of tires. Assuming the car doesn't need anything I would guess appox. $36000 to $39,000. Yes they did make 245 40th's out of 448 but that doesn't do anything to the value, 40th's bring more money period end of story. Its the only special edition ZR-1 they made. Not to mention there are not 245 super nice examples of 40th ZR-1's left out there. I would bet there is only 100 to 150 nice cars. Some will have no miles so $$$ is sky high and others were just flat abused, not stored correctly, high miles, etc. Its a one year only color that still brings the $$$. Good luck with your search.

rickyrj1 01-26-2006 05:03 PM

Good Luck, Mid to high 30's buy-in, check the paint quality on the rubies

93RubyZ 01-26-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPE385
...Yes they did make 245 40th's out of 448 but that doesn't do anything to the value, 40th's bring more money period end of story. Its the only special edition ZR-1 they made...

That is exactly what I was thinking when I was in the market. I don't think the color is what separates the rubies, it's that it is an anniversary edition of a Corvette that already is pretty special. Sure there were 245 made -- that means there are 245 special edition ZR-1's out there versus 6,694 that are "just regular ZR-1's" (if you can call a ZR-1 "just regular"). I've read that five were used for testing, so I would assume that means only 240 were actually sold. Obviously, the ZR-1 aspect of the car is most of what makes it special, but I believe the anniversary edition makes it just a little more special. This is the main reason I made the 40th ZR-1 my first choice when I was in the market. There is a price premium for a 40th version versus the other 1993 models (all else being equal).

MARKRUBYRED 01-27-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetweenVettes
That is exactly what I was thinking when I was in the market. I don't think the color is what separates the rubies, it's that it is an anniversary edition of a Corvette that already is pretty special. Sure there were 245 made -- that means there are 245 special edition ZR-1's out there versus 6,694 that are "just regular ZR-1's" (if you can call a ZR-1 "just regular"). I've read that five were used for testing, so I would assume that means only 240 were actually sold. Obviously, the ZR-1 aspect of the car is most of what makes it special, but I believe the anniversary edition makes it just a little more special. This is the main reason I made the 40th ZR-1 my first choice when I was in the market. There is a price premium for a 40th version versus the other 1993 models (all else being equal).

:iagree: Main reason I bought my Ruby 'Vert. The nice ones are now getting rare since we are talking about a 13 year old car. Plus this was the first year the ZR-1 HP rating was 405. :thumbs:
Good Luck,
Mark

TommyL 01-27-2006 03:08 PM

Myself...I just like them, I like the color along with the matching interior and top for the roadsters. When they first hit the streets there was a good looking blonde down the street from me that drove a ruby vert...I loved the car instintly.

RubyZR1 01-27-2006 05:13 PM

2 Ruby ZR1's now reside down under and are both right hand drive.
Changing gears with your left hand is easy, when your use to it. :steering:
Best wishes in your quest.
Wayne

TommyL 01-27-2006 09:25 PM

Wayne, Post some pics of your right handed 40th Z. :thumbs:

RubyZR1 01-29-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyL
Wayne, Post some pics of your right handed 40th Z. :thumbs:

TommyL, just sent you a PM.
Regards,
Wayne :cheers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.