CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Just dyno'd the new Z... 480rwhp... stock. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1337820-just-dynod-the-new-z-480rwhp-stock.html)

Andi 03-17-2006 04:49 PM

Just dyno'd the new Z... 480rwhp... stock.

I just drove from Las Colinas to LG Motorsports in Wylie (about 30 minutes of 100mph cruising), strapped the car down, and did a pull after only ~20 minutes of cool-down.

To our surprise, the car spun the rear tires on the rollers. :crazy: 488rwhp showed up on the screen.... :eek: But that's at the torque peak when the inertia of the tires and the driveline is being pulled back down to catch traction. Looking at the graph closely, after the artificial peak from the wheelspin/catch, it settled to a solid 480rwhp. Stock.

With no cool-down whatsoever, two of us climbed into the hatch and the Z backed it up with a no-wheelspin 467rwhp/440rwtq pull despite some timing retard at 5600RPM.

Kudos to Robert Vernier for building this LS7. :cool:

http://www.boostaholic.com/427z/blk427zdyno.gif

Andi

Vladcanada 03-17-2006 04:55 PM

please provide the name of who made that engine :)

DDSLT5 03-17-2006 05:14 PM

Who is the really cool guy that strapped it down? 700 rhwp or less, it should NOT be spinning on the dyno. :rolleyes:

Edited for Bobby! Sorry man - having a bad day! :cheers:

KILR-Z51 03-17-2006 05:19 PM

I will add that to my Christmas wish list. ( Robert Vernier can you PLEASE build my 07 LS7 ) And deliver it by 12-24 06 Thank you in advance. cvette4081

:cool: :D :flag:

shintaaar 03-17-2006 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vladcanada
please provide the name of who made that engine :)

Originally Posted by Andi
Kudos to Robert Vernier for building this LS7.

:cheers:

wotz06 03-17-2006 05:53 PM

Nice numbers. :flag:

RoHo 03-17-2006 06:33 PM

Looks like you got one of those Freaks that have been talked about on the forum, WOW!!!!! what great numbers - You have to be at the top of this list for stock HP #s, You got the one we all wanted. BTW, Who built your engine

Myhardtop 03-17-2006 07:31 PM

I just drove from Las Colinas to LG Motorsports in Wylie (about 30 minutes of 100mph cruising), strapped the car down, and did a pull after only ~20 minutes of cool-down.

To our surprise, the car spun the rear tires on the rollers. :crazy: 488rwhp showed up on the screen.... :eek: But that's at the torque peak when the inertia of the tires and the driveline is being pulled back down to catch traction. Looking at the graph closely, after the artificial peak from the wheelspin/catch, it settled to a solid 480rwhp. Stock.

With no cool-down whatsoever, two of us climbed into the hatch and the Z backed it up with a no-wheelspin 467rwhp/440rwtq pull despite some timing retard at 5600RPM.

Kudos to Robert Vernier for building this LS7. :cool:

http://www.boostaholic.com/427z/blk427zdyno.gif

Andi

I told you Andi, the Black ones are the strongest ones. Now, do you believe my pulls? Not that you did not, heck, you witness my pulls when I only had 150 miles or so on the odometer :) Well, keep her looking good and I'll holla at you later. :thumbs:

Mako7 03-17-2006 08:14 PM

If your dyno is on a stock car, then it tells me that the LGM dyno reads a bit high.

This engine and the way it is constructed means that all cars should be very close in terms of power. Especially all cars with comparable miles that have been pushed a bit. From results posted so far, this means about SAE 440rwhp and 410rwtrq. Picking and choosing from your numbers, you are up 40rwhp and 30rwtrp from this range.

I will say it again, a dyno is a tuning tool to show changes in your car based on mods.

Prediction: I have a C6Z with LG Long Tubes and high flow cats and 3200 mi.; it is getting LGM tuning on the ECM next week; I will add Corsa mufflers (which are supposed to flow > than stock); I push my car in a good, smooth way; and I predict my AFTER SAE numbers on a Southern California Dynojet will be lower than your stock numbers. However, if Ranger took my lightly modded car to the same 1/4 mi. strip as a stock C6Z, I suspect my car's trap speed would be higher than the stock car's.

We will see... .

Icebourg 03-17-2006 08:19 PM

Great numbers!

NASTYZO6 03-17-2006 08:43 PM

:bs It seems lgs numbers on that dyno are always a bit higher then the other dynos

Andi 03-17-2006 09:22 PM

To those doubting Lou's dyno... remember, this is my second C6 Z06. And I dyno'd my first one there too.

I did 3 pulls with my first C6 Z06 at LG's dyno -- 432rwhp, 437rwhp, and 447rwhp. I opened the best of those 3 and superimposed it against the runs from this morning... it's the blue run.

Andi

http://www.boostaholic.com/427z/two427zdynos.gif

emejay 03-17-2006 09:38 PM

Andi,
How many miles were on the car when tested, and how was it broken in? So much controversy about break-in on CF makes me ask this question.

Thanks! :yesnod:

DDSLT5 03-17-2006 10:41 PM

To those doubting Lou's dyno... remember, this is my second C6 Z06. And I dyno'd my first one there too.

I did 3 pulls with my first C6 Z06 at LG's dyno -- 432rwhp, 437rwhp, and 447rwhp. I opened the best of those 3 and superimposed it against the runs from this morning... it's the blue run.

Andi

http://www.boostaholic.com/427z/two427zdynos.gif

Good thing you turned in that other car! ;)

Andi 03-18-2006 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by emejay
Andi,
How many miles were on the car when tested, and how was it broken in? So much controversy about break-in on CF makes me ask this question.

Thanks! :yesnod:

Both cars were broken in using the same method I used on my '04, described here. Basically a modified, progressive drive it like you stole it.

I think was a little more aggressive with the black one. Probably punctuated by the full-intensity V1 blip with 9 miles on the odometer about 2/3's the way through the break in proedure, which necessitated that I abort the rest of the break-in procedure and simply accelerate to a 150mph cruise.

The yellow car was dyno'd with ~100-150 miles on it. The black car was dyno'd with ~1,600 miles on it. I don't know how much of a role this plays.

Jim Hall of Halltech owns the yellow car now. Maybe he'll try redynoing with the stock computer program sometime and see what it puts down now that it's broken in... BTW, Jim himself said that Chevy has gotten more aggressive with the computer programs in the cars as the months have gone by, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's at least a significant part of the gain.

Andi

QUIKAG 03-18-2006 05:53 AM

Outstanding, Andi! When I get back from Switzerland, I'll need you to take me for a nice little spin around the block. She's a beauty!

Andi 03-18-2006 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Outstanding, Andi! When I get back from Switzerland, I'll need you to take me for a nice little spin around the block. She's a beauty!

Let me know when you get back bro......

Halltech 03-18-2006 07:30 PM

Let me know when you get back bro......

467 RWHP is a very nice place to start. I program all ECMs sent to me with the latest GM VIN specific PCM flash file before I tune with LS7Edit. This is a lot more work than just tuning with LS7 Edit, but I make sure all PCM components are up to date.

Andi, what was the correction factor for the runs?

Was this pull with the stock filter in place or out? Just curious.

Thanks,

Jim :thumbs:

Andi 03-18-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
467 RWHP is a very nice place to start. I program all ECMs sent to me with the latest GM VIN specific PCM flash file before I tune with LS7Edit. This is a lot more work than just tuning with LS7 Edit, but I make sure all PCM components are up to date.

Andi, what was the correction factor for the runs?

Was this pull with the stock filter in place or out? Just curious.

Thanks,

Jim :thumbs:

CF = .98. Stock air filter was in place; I've never touched it or any other components of the intake or exhaust system on this car. Except for the EXH MOD fuse :cheers: .

If you want I'll email you the Dynorun files and my Vin #.... You'll need to download Winpep Version 7 from Dynojet.com to render Dynorun.001 correctly as the earlier versions don't understand the wheelspin correctly and it'll just look like a normal, clean run that goes to 7300RPM (erroneously).

Andi

RFC2 03-18-2006 08:11 PM

Andi, next time you are out at MSR (this friday for some fun my treat), we can put yours and mine on the dyno I just bought for our shop out there. Its a Dynojet. Would be fun to compare. Mine has never been dynoed.

Oh and Corey, you are welcome as well.