CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   49 autocrosses! Do you like to DRIVE your Corvette? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/1397089-49-autocrosses-do-you-like-to-drive-your-corvette.html)

Carolina C5 Racer 05-20-2006 10:54 AM

49 autocrosses! Do you like to DRIVE your Corvette?

Starting in Sanford, NC on Memorial weekend with 21 (7 each day), then 14 (yes 7 per day), in Shelby, NC the next weekend, and then 14 in Greenville, SC on June 17 & 18 (7 each day). Can you handle it? Bring your KUMHO's and whatever.....

Go to CRNCCC.COM for info and registration. Lotsa fun in your Corvette!

Later, on Labor Day weekend - HIGH SPEED - at CMP! Get your flyer for that too, at CRNCCCC.COM.

Don't want to scare you off, but The RatpackMotorsports (RPM) hot shoes have already signed up for all 49......AND CMP!!!

provette67 05-20-2006 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Carolina C5 Racer
Starting in Sanford, NC on Memorial weekend with 21 (7 each day), then 14 (yes 7 per day), in Shelby, NC the next weekend, and then 14 in Greenville, SC on June 17 & 18 (7 each day). Can you handle it? Bring your KUMHO's and whatever.....

Don't want to scare you off, but The RatpackMotorsports (RPM) hot shoes have already signed up for all 49......AND CMP!!!

I am so scared :lol: :lol:

Carolina C5 Racer 05-21-2006 09:03 PM

Yeah, Pancho...I bet your'e shakin' in your hot boots..

Be looking for you:party: :auto:

vms4evr 05-21-2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Carolina C5 Racer
Later, on Labor Day weekend - HIGH SPEED - at CMP! Get your flyer for that too, at CRNCCCC.COM.

I can't find my NCCC manual. Can you explain what is required to get an NCCC High Speed License??

Carolina C5 Racer 05-21-2006 10:53 PM

VMS4EVER,

Per the book:

A) Must have competed in 10 low speed events or low speed time trials within the preceding 18 months, over a minimum of three weekends.

B) Proof of completion of a recognized performance driving school within the preceding 18 months, in lieu of the ten autocrosses.

C) Must be a member in good standing of NCCC. Proof to be provided to the Regional Competition Director of the Region you belong to. Proof does not have to be NCCC events only.

D) The High Speed certificate shall be valid for three years.

Hope this helps you.

Need more help, let me know.

:auto:

C5R

FastZR1 05-21-2006 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by provette67
I am so scared :lol: :lol:

:toetap:

Have fun.
:leaving:

racerwannabe 05-22-2006 09:12 AM

i'm planning on beating keinan....now it's just a plan....:cheers:

Carolina C5 Racer 05-22-2006 11:46 AM

Most cases require plans, however there are cases of accidentally beating someone....there is hope! Always.

RAFTRACER 05-22-2006 01:37 PM

Wish I could be there , sounds like fun.........................

Carolina C5 Racer 05-22-2006 02:28 PM

Hey,

The 49 aren't all in one weekend.

You can come to the 14 in Shelby, NC weekend after Sanford, and/or the next 14 the weekend of the 17th & 18th of JUne in Greenville, SC!
Mot of the samepeople will be there, and hey, we need new drivers...

C5R

:party:

vms4evr 05-22-2006 09:32 PM

Thanks C5R.

I have 4yrs of autox with at least 10 events/year. I took this year off autox and am doing HPDE. I'm hoping to have 10 DE events by the end of the year if I don't go broke doing it ;) My NCCC membership expired and I haven't bothered to renew it. But I might now.

I was going to do Sanford with Mike and the gang on Memorial weekend since it is right down the road. But decided to go down to Roebling instead. My interest in autox has hit a new low. I went to the last one and just watched... That's sad...

Graham

Carolina C4 Racer 05-22-2006 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER

Come on down Danny!! We have been seeing a bunch of TireTown people in the Carolinas this year. Sometimes the good ole southern boys give 'em a good whoopin & sometimes we take one.
If nothing else you could beat Pancho in his own car.

racerwannabe 05-23-2006 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER

you might like our events ,,the cones aren't a tunnel like your used too!!!
give us a few lessons....
johnny

Carolina C5 Racer 05-23-2006 04:49 PM

Pylons and cones

Hey,

We only have a few, so imagine what we will do with all that runway!

Hope you have the right gearing. Might want to have some driving gloves to cover up those "white knuckles"...

Y'all come,

C5R

vms4evr 05-23-2006 06:23 PM

You boys have fun at Sanford. Watch out for some of the new surface areas. They sealed some parts to help hold it together. That area has a little bit less traction than it had last year. Down the end of the main runway. It got scuffed up some a few weekends back with 150 cars. But most are Miatas so they don't exactly pound the pavement ;)

Roadrace65 05-23-2006 09:42 PM

Hey Guys, I’m busy getting a couple cars ready for this long weekend of RACING!

See Ya In A Couple Days!!

YorkL8apex 05-23-2006 10:14 PM

Don't you mean you're peelin' a Bananna:willy: I'm kinda likin' 9 points per event beatin Bill's big HP ZR-1 with Ol' Red and Jeff won't be there to whip my butt this weekend either:rofl:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...W_the_Rock.JPG

racerwannabe 05-24-2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex
Don't you mean you're peelin' a Bananna:willy: I'm kinda likin' 9 points per event beatin Bill's big HP ZR-1 with Ol' Red and Jeff won't be there to whip my butt this weekend either:rofl:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...W_the_Rock.JPG

i'll be there .....plannin' on havin' a big time..bought loud pipes ,just for the occasion....
bohannan has gotten sick so we'll all pitch in and get it put on...
johnny

YorkL8apex 05-24-2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by racerwannabe
i'll be there .....plannin' on havin' a big time..bought loud pipes ,just for the occasion....
bohannan has gotten sick so we'll all pitch in and get it put on...
johnny

You can count on RPM to help out if you need us. Hope Mike feels better:thumbs:

Johnny, Jeff spanked us all in the "new" car this weekend. That thing still hauls AZZ
http://2005gt.smugmug.com/photos/70772560-L.jpg

FastZR1 05-25-2006 03:59 AM

What.... Jeff bought Frankenvette? It also looks like Team Turner put some wax on it too. Dam that car looks good.

TWAT... do some spins through the grass for me this weekend.