CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   i think i scared him.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1409007-i-think-i-scared-him.html)

Atomic Punk 06-03-2006 10:36 AM

i think i scared him....

my buddy that is. let me back up. got a freind that just got a new mustang gt, (not too bad a car,) anyway, it's his first sports car so he a little timid and should be. but he brought it over to let me check it out. took for a little test drive nothing to radical no dogging his car. well got back to the house and told him to hop in mine and took off down the road for a real test drive. well lets just say he was glad to be back on solid ground when we got back.:lol: :thumbs:

ps i was really impressed with the ride of the new mustang. way better than the 03 cobra i had and than i expected. power just so,so. i guess a good trainer for him:cheers:

2vettes 06-03-2006 10:46 AM

Sorry, but you should have posted in the OT forum; your thread has nothing to do with a C6.

Atomic Punk 06-03-2006 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2vettes
Sorry, but you should have posted in the OT forum; your thread has nothing to do with a C6.

i'm confused.... i drive a 06 c6 lmb z51.

TMyers 06-03-2006 11:00 AM

It's funny my wife has a Mustang GT and she was not impressed with my Vette other than it rides better at least at first. The impression you get from the GT is that it is somehow faster. Probably has to do with the exhaust noise. The C6 is just smooth and the speedo is about the only indication you really get about just how powerful this car is.

Dark Overlord 06-03-2006 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by TMyers
the only indication you really get about just how powerful this car is.

and looking at the GT in your rear view mirror...:thumbs:

TMyers 06-03-2006 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by edwardaldridge
and looking at the GT in your rear view mirror...:thumbs:

Ya but sometimes I have to let her win.

Atomic Punk 06-03-2006 11:07 AM

yes i agree the vette is much smoother but the git up on the stang was not there (imo) plus i like the quite exhaust on the vette till wot then it just mean enough. and i took him on a twisty tide, his knuckles were certainly white.

2vettes 06-03-2006 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Punk

It doesn't matter that you own a C6, your topic of discussion was not about a C6. What you posted belongs in the Off Topic forum.

burtonbl103 06-03-2006 01:39 PM

:thumbs:

It doesn't matter that you own a C6, your topic of discussion was not about a C6. What you posted belongs in the Off Topic forum.

:iagree:

TMyers 06-03-2006 01:44 PM

And who made you god?

I think his story is about how much better the C6 is than the Mustang. No different than all the other post where people are comparing the C6 to the C5, G35, Prosche, etc.

Tavarez 06-03-2006 01:46 PM

I don't know, he was comparing the difference between his friends Mustang GT to his C6 and pretty much portraying how the C6 is on another level. It's not that far off topic I don't think :D I think it's relevant to the C6, I might be wrong though.. I usually am.

orca1946 06-03-2006 01:47 PM

WOW! You mean that there are other cars in the world?:leaving:

shaan 06-03-2006 01:50 PM

2vettes take a chill pill :chill: :chill: :chill:

2vettes 06-03-2006 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tavarez
I don't know, he was comparing the difference between his friends Mustang GT to his C6 and pretty much portraying how the C6 is on another level. It's not that far off topic I don't think :D I think it's relevant to the C6, I might be wrong though.. I usually am.

Did he mention what his car was in the post? No. That's why I said that. Ok, I'll cut him some slack.

As far as others telling me to chill, :nono: I wasn't ranting.

Atomic Punk 06-03-2006 02:07 PM

thanks for the support. sorry to ruin the day. actually i had a funny event in my [U]c6[U] about a non vette driver being impressed with the performance of the c6 and how it scared him. i though fellow [U]c6[U] owners would relate and get a kick. maybe share a simular experience.
i'll stick to bitch' n about the problems with the car... peace.

Tavarez 06-03-2006 02:48 PM

Did he mention what his car was in the post? No. That's why I said that. Ok, I'll cut him some slack.

As far as others telling me to chill, :nono: I wasn't ranting.

Nope he did not :) I suppose we could just ask and make sure next time, he forgot I guess. No hard feelings.

Boozman 06-03-2006 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Punk

Some people only read and don't see the C6 logo under your name

miac6 06-03-2006 04:50 PM

I get scared when someone is driving fast, i like being in control.

Atomic Punk 06-03-2006 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Boozman
Some people only read and don't see the C6 logo under your name

you sir are correct....

cmb13 06-03-2006 05:08 PM

Not only that, but some people are comfortable here in C6 general, know other folks. Others have a comfort level with OT, and that's cool.

I personally hang mostly in C6, sometimes in C6 Tech, sometimes in Audio, sometimes in C3 (I'm looking for a chrome bumper), and only occasionally in Southeast, Drag Racing and OT.

Point is I know a lot of people in each section, and I've gotten to know their personalities, etc. If he has a story that relates to his Corvette experience, and is comfortable here, imho it's cool.

:cheers:

Now, if he had asked which grill is better, Weber or Sunbeam, that might be a different story....