CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] C6 Front License Plate Bracket (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1420229-c6-front-license-plate-bracket.html)

belize 10-30-2008 12:01 PM

Thank you vetdude :thumbs.

z06clif 10-31-2008 07:45 PM

I just finished installing the front plate bracket and it looks great. Only thing is it was hard remounting the bracket with the wing nuts. also the slits in the lock washers kept slipping into the licence plate holes making torque difficult. All problems were overcome and Im happy with the results.

Clif

Top Flight Reproductions 11-01-2008 07:05 AM

Thank you Clif :cheers:

budster854 11-05-2008 05:40 AM

Do you all have any european front tag brackets? I didn't see them on the website. I you just go to the dealership here they use zip ties for putting it on the front grill that doesn't seem like that would be very good for the cars temp etc. not to mention using zip ties on a ZO6 seems extremely ghetto to me...

Top Flight Reproductions 11-05-2008 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by budster854 (Post 1567735352)
Do you all have any european front tag brackets? I didn't see them on the website. I you just go to the dealership here they use zip ties for putting it on the front grill that doesn't seem like that would be very good for the cars temp etc. not to mention using zip ties on a ZO6 seems extremely ghetto to me...

Hi Budster, we have sold a lot to US Military in Europe, I think they have a smaller plate than the standad European plate which we do not offer a solution for at this time.

budster854 11-06-2008 01:27 AM

Hey thanks for the reply but we get the regular european plate (at least for the front anyway) the back is the weird smaller plate you are talking about but the front is the normal european long plate. So you don't have any regular european front tag brackets?

Top Flight Reproductions 11-06-2008 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by budster854 (Post 1567749016)
Hey thanks for the reply but we get the regular european plate (at least for the front anyway) the back is the weird smaller plate you are talking about but the front is the normal european long plate. So you don't have any regular european front tag brackets?

Sorry budster, we do not at this time.

Espresso 12-21-2008 01:58 PM

Not at all. You can remove the adhesive by using a piece of monofilament line and make several knots about an inch apart.

Espresso 01-30-2009 02:07 AM

After looking @ my front removable plate today I said to my self

GForceSS 03-01-2009 07:00 PM

I have mine and waiting to put it on my ZR1. Thank you for the great product, I couldn’t bare drilling into my front fascia.

Top Flight Reproductions 03-02-2009 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by GForceSS (Post 1569133420)
I have mine and waiting to put it on my ZR1. Thank you for the great product, I couldn’t bare drilling into my front fascia.

Thank you for the order GForceSS :cheers:

Frankie2blue 03-15-2009 11:05 AM

Seeing as that is my car on the first pic of this thread (still love looking at it), I guess I should chime in. Anyone on the line about this product should put it to rest and just buy it. You will not find a better designed front plate mount anywhere and the ease of taking it off and on is fantastic. When viewed in life, I think the plate looks as good as a front plate can look on one of these cars.It looks like the plate holder was really designed for the car instead of tacked on. The other beauty of it is that there are no holes or permanent modifications to your car. It is without a doubt the best front plate system for C6 that I have seen and I have seen a lot of different commercial and home-made attempts.:thumbs:

Top Flight Reproductions 03-15-2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue (Post 1569304856)
Seeing as that is my car on the first pic of this thread (still love looking at it), I guess I should chime in. Anyone on the line about this product should put it to rest and just buy it. You will not find a better designed front plate mount anywhere and the ease of taking it off and on is fantastic. When viewed in life, I think the plate looks as good as a front plate can look on one of these cars.It looks like the plate holder was really designed for the car instead of tacked on. The other beauty of it is that there are no holes or permanent modifications to your car. It is without a doubt the best front plate system for C6 that I have seen and I have seen a lot of different commercial and home-made attempts.:thumbs:

Thank you Frank, very much appreciated :cheers:

Ahmer 04-01-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by fasthwks (Post 1567637725)
Great product, I used a plate cover instead of a frame to "tone down" the white of my plate. Thanks again!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...0z06/RT054.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...0z06/RT055.jpg

DUDE!!! I AM SO DOING THIS!!! THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! Can u by any chance take some more pics of this setup???

Far Away as well as from the top loking down??? Also was there any risk of cracking the plastic shield???

Ahmer 04-03-2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ahmer (Post 1569540386)
DUDE!!! I AM SO DOING THIS!!! THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! Can u by any chance take some more pics of this setup???

Far Away as well as from the top loking down??? Also was there any risk of cracking the plastic shield???

I GOT THIS EXACT STEUP!

NOTE: I had to go to advance auto to find some longer screws because the ones that came with the kit were too small to be able to fit a lens cover

Top Flight Reproductions 04-04-2009 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ahmer (Post 1569566427)
I GOT THIS EXACT STEUP!

NOTE: I had to go to advance auto to find some longer screws because the ones that came with the kit were too small to be able to fit a lens cover

Post some pics when you get a chance :cheers:

WFO 04-04-2009 09:06 AM

Truly, with all due respect...Nearly $100 for a color matched license plate frame?

Is this a space age material...or something?

What's up with that? :leaving:

Top Flight Reproductions 04-04-2009 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by WFO (Post 1569569635)
Truly, with all due respect...Nearly $100 for a color matched license plate frame?

Is this a space age material...or something?

What's up with that? :leaving:

Check the pricing at your local Chevy dealer ;)

Ahmer 04-05-2009 02:12 PM

Personally paying 90+ dollars for a colored frame is not for me. I went ahead and bought this
"indestructible smoke-colored" plastic license plate cover (that's bendable btw) at Advance Auto for $6.99 and it looks like the Red Z06 above!!!

Ahmer 04-05-2009 05:15 PM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/fsto...ic249173_2.gif

OK HERE IT IS COMPLETE WITH SMOKE COVER!!!

Opinions???