CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] C6 Front License Plate Bracket (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1420229-c6-front-license-plate-bracket.html)

Mike Siska 08-18-2006 11:26 AM

vetdude...that is a nice looking frame around the lp. Where did you get it?

vetdude 08-18-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Siska
vetdude...that is a nice looking frame around the lp. Where did you get it?

Thanks. Cheapo black metal frame from local parts store (Advance Auto), sanded, primered, sprayed with GM MSM Touchup Spray and clear coated. Cost of frame $7.50 + paint. I have one of the GM Body Colored frames for the rear tag and felt it was too big for the front IMHO. The less attention drawn to the front tag the better. :cheers:

Top Flight Reproductions 08-18-2006 01:52 PM

vetdude, that looks great :thumbs: , nice pics. Thanks for posting.

Peter C
:cheers:

Webfoot 08-18-2006 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by vetdude
From my post in C6 General:

Finally got to take some snaps last night after work (took the vette to work yesterday; was a relief not to having to worry about LEOs pulling me over for no front tag for a change - I work in an area where it's not uncommon to see 4-6 LEO cars during lunch hour). With the tag removed, you'd never know it was there!

Hey Ray, have you guys thought making the brackets for the Didge Viper crowd? A coworker who has a Viper saw my bracket yesterday and he said he ansd a lot of his club memebers would be very interested. Just a thought. Thanks again for a great product. :cheers:

Nice looking installation! They put out a good product. :thumbs:

Kingjerbo 08-21-2006 11:31 PM

Vararam Z06 almost ready

Vararam is putting the finishing touches on their C6-Z06 Intake. Chuck Cow is involved with the first street car and putting the finishing touches on it as I type this.
Why post this here?

I saw the New Vararam Intake unit today FOR THE C6-Z06!
It will be mounted directly behind where the front plate is in these photo is. :nono:
If I buy one of these brackets it will be for the SOLE purpose of talking my way out of a ticket by offering to clip it on in front of the FUZZ.
I will have to tell them I took the plate off in order to wash it thoroughly.;)
As you saw in my previous post,
I have recieved two tickets totalling $240.00 :ack:
In my opinion,
These cars should be excluded from the front plate laws.:thumbs:
Especially considering they are AMERICAN MADE MUSCLE! :flag:
Just my .02

outnumbered 08-22-2006 06:22 AM

Thanks. Cheapo black metal frame from local parts store (Advance Auto), sanded, primered, sprayed with GM MSM Touchup Spray and clear coated. Cost of frame $7.50 + paint. I have one of the GM Body Colored frames for the rear tag and felt it was too big for the front IMHO. The less attention drawn to the front tag the better. :cheers:

Nice work!
Looks classy :thumbs:

vetdude 08-22-2006 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kingjerbo
Vararam is putting the finishing touches on their C6-Z06 Intake. Chuck Cow is involved with the first street car and putting the finishing touches on it as I type this.
Why post this here?

I saw the New Vararam Intake unit today FOR THE C6-Z06!
It will be mounted directly behind where the front plate is in these photo is. :nono:
If I buy one of these brackets it will be for the SOLE purpose of talking my way out of a ticket by offering to clip it on in front of the FUZZ.
I will have to tell them I took the plate off in order to wash it thoroughly.;)
As you saw in my previous post,
I have recieved two tickets totalling $240.00 :ack:
In my opinion,
These cars should be excluded from the front plate laws.:thumbs:
Especially considering they are AMERICAN MADE MUSCLE! :flag:
Just my .02

You could always drill holes in the front plate for more air. :yesnod: Or, use the factory bracket to get the plate away from the intake and make the nose look like crap - can't have it all! I agree, front tag laws suck! :smash:

vetdude 08-22-2006 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by outnumbered
Nice work!
Looks classy :thumbs:

Thanks all for the compliments. Going to Carlisle Dan?

Mike Siska 08-22-2006 08:17 AM

Wondering the same? Meeting a bunch of vettes friday 7:45am on 70 where it meets 97.
Saturday, I'm meeting up with Ranger at the same place at the same time.

outnumbered 08-22-2006 08:19 AM

Yes.I will be there Friday.You can find me at the NCCC tent between 11-2:00.I volunteered to sell raffle tickets for the Kidney foundation.

Saturday going to Summit point.:D :smash:

Hope to see you :thumbs:

vetdude 08-22-2006 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by outnumbered
Yes.I will be there Friday.You can find me at the NCCC tent between 11-2:00.I volunteered to sell raffle tickets for the Kidney foundation.

Saturday going to Summit point.:D :smash:

Hope to see you :thumbs:

See you there my friend. Heading up 5AM Friday; staying over in Chambersburg for Saturday.

70 -> 40W -> 15N -> Carlisle

outnumbered 08-22-2006 08:38 AM

See you there my friend. Heading up 5AM Friday; staying over in Chambersburg for Saturday.

70 -> 40W -> 15N -> Carlisle

Great!

Kingjerbo 08-22-2006 11:25 AM

Lol

You could always drill holes in the front plate for more air. :yesnod: Or, use the factory bracket to get the plate away from the intake and make the nose look like crap - can't have it all! I agree, front tag laws suck! :smash:

Swiss Cheese Front Plate? :lol:
I wonder what MR. POLICE MAN WOULD SAY ABOUT THAT!

Techically it would still be there right? :lol:
They would probably charge us with altering state property and charge us with a Felony of Fraud...:willy: :willy:

vetdude 08-22-2006 01:22 PM

Hey Ray,

Any chance you guys selling replacement parts for the removable brackets, e.g. wing nuts or the small rubber thread covers???? I can see me losing at least one of these bad boys in the future. :rofl:

Foosh 08-22-2006 01:50 PM

Hey Ray,

Any chance you guys selling replacement parts for the removable brackets, e.g. wing nuts or the small rubber thread covers???? I can see me losing at least one of these bad boys in the future. :rofl:

Make that two requests for same. I'd take an extra set too.

Exterminator 08-22-2006 02:18 PM

Hey Ray,

:bigears :lurk:

Top Flight Reproductions 08-22-2006 04:04 PM

Hey Ray,

Actually we are, should be available to order on line in a couple of weeks. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for asking
Peter C. :cheers:

vette6799 08-25-2006 07:01 AM

I attempted installing your Z06 bracket last weekend, but noticed that the white alignment line seemed to be off to one side by almost one half an inch when measured. Is that intentional or a quality control issue.

Top Flight Reproductions 08-25-2006 07:46 AM

No, that is not right. I wish you notified us sooner, we would have sent a new one over night.
PM sent.

mike1952 08-25-2006 08:05 PM

Peter...Help!

Peter I am mounting my bracket now and was wondering if the 2 blue spacers are supposed to stay on the bottom holes of the back of the bracket? The screws do not penetrate into them with the colored frame.

Mike :cheers: