CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-parts-for-sale-wanted-53/)
-   -   Tbyrne Rk5 Hood :mad: (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-parts-for-sale-wanted/1426529-tbyrne-rk5-hood-mad.html)

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 11:56 AM

Tbyrne Rk5 Hood :mad:

I purchased an RK5 super charger hood from TYBRNE. When I recieved the hood it stated you must pre fit before painting which I can understand, When I attemped to tighten the four hood bolts to prefit they would not tighten at all, almost like someone at the company forgot to install the nuts before laying the fiberglass. So I called TBYRNE THEY FIRST INFORMED ME TO CONTACT THE COMPANY WHO MADE THE HOOD...
I inform them that I purchased the hood though TBYRNE and I feel they should take care of the problem.so they put me on hold and called the company that manufactured the hood and there reply was to redrill the holes in the hood to a larger size and rebolt. This to me is totally unacceptable I would also have to redrill the hing hardware.

I was then informed By TBYRNE that I would have send the hood back to the manufacture of course shipping paid for by me for them to inspect.:bs

I am still waiting for an anwser from TBYRNE, I feel when someone makes a purchase threw any company that business should stand behind the product they are selling............

I will up date this thread with TBYRNE reply.

RandyVettes 06-23-2006 12:01 PM

I have never had a problem with TBYRNE, but I did have quite a problem with the fit of my RK Sport hood, including having to fill and redrill the holes for the hinges because they placed them WAY off where they needed to be.

tbyrne 06-23-2006 12:21 PM

There is a little more to the story but your attitude on the phone was totally unacceptable. Saying F*CK YOU to the woman you talked to is very childish. She told you that she didn't need to deal with that language from anyone. You continued so she hung up. We can continue this when you grow up.

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 12:21 PM

Just recieved reply

I am having the same problem, But I feel the company that sells the product should be willing to stand behind what they sell.
and yes I just recieved a call from TBYRNE they informed me that "my hood went though two quility control personel at the manufacture and that the problem was mine they were not going to stand behind what they sell.
To the last reply that means your hood also went though quility control and passed.

STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT OR DO NOT SELL IT

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by tbyrne
There is a little more to the story but your attitude on the phone was totally unacceptable. Saying F*CK YOU to the woman you talked to is very childish. She told you that she didn't need to deal with that language from anyone. You continued so she hung up. We can continue this when you grow up.

YOU ARE CORRECT I WAS WRONG FOR USING THE LANGUAGE I DID BUT WHEN YOU SPEND A $1000.00 AND NO ONE WANTS HELP.
SOMETIMES YOU SAY THE WRONG THINGS.
SO TO BARBARA SORRY I WAS WRONG. JUST LIKE TBYRNE IS WRONG FOR NOT STANDING BEHIND THERE PRODUCT.

2resonate 06-23-2006 12:37 PM

I am not making any judgements, but I have an RK sport hood also and I spent a lot of money to have the body shop try to fix the shoddy manufacturing variances for proper fit, and it still isn't perfect.

C5 KIDD 06-23-2006 12:38 PM

you realize tbyrne is just the "middle man" correct??

i hate to butt in on this... but looks like you didnt do your research when picking out a hood. its a known FACT that many hoods need to be modified before painting/installing.

When I recieved the hood it stated you must pre fit before painting which I can understand
doesnt seem like you understand! you really should have kept this in PM's and not come out bashing tbyrne like that.

RandyVettes 06-23-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by C5 KIDD
you really should have kept this in PM's and not come out bashing tbyrne like that.

:iagree:

next victim 06-23-2006 01:01 PM

huh, you would think that since so many people supposidly have this problem that rk would fix this problem, one c5's hood hinges are not in a different place than another c5's. He bought a C5 hood he didnt buy a hood for a dodge and try to put it on a c5, it should fit when you buy the thing and if there are problems like this the buyer should be informed previouse to purchase! :bs

p.s. I appreciate the post here because it makes people aware of problems with the hood and how companies react to correcting it so others know in the future

...Mark... 06-23-2006 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by C5 KIDD
you really should have kept this in PM's and not come out bashing tbyrne like that.

:yesnod:

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 01:05 PM

Ok

Originally Posted by RandyVettes
:iagree:

IF THIS IS A WELL KNOWN FACT THEN MAYBE TBYRNE SHOULD NOTE THIS IN THERE AD.
AND YES I SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING RK5

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by dbfco2
if This Is A Well Known Fact Then Maybe Tbyrne Should Note This In There Ad.
And Yes I Should Have Done More Research Before Buying Rk5

Nothing Against Tbyrne

I Would Like To Know How Many People Have Purchased An Rk5 Hood From Any Company That Has Encountered Any Problem With This Product.

tbyrne 06-23-2006 01:26 PM

We do note - Warranty claims would need to be handled directly by the manufacturer. We'll sometimes call on the behalf of the customer. That was done a couple of times in this case. RK suggested that DBFCO2 should give them a call but he didn't want to. We've sold quite a few of these over the years and haven't had any problems here. I use one of their hoods on my C6. So far so good! As mentioned above, aftermarket hoods sometimes require a little work when they are installed/painted.

RK said the holes are checked twice during the assembly process. You really should give them a call to run all this by them first hand.

Darkness 06-23-2006 01:31 PM

It doesnt matter what happened, when someone lays down $1000 for a product and then nobody offers help when in fact that product is flawed then I would be pretty upset as well.

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by tbyrne
We do note - Warranty claims would need to be handled directly by the manufacturer. We'll sometimes call on the behalf of the customer. That was done a couple of times in this case. RK suggested that DBFCO2 should give them a call but he didn't want to. We've sold quite a few of these over the years and haven't had any problems here. I use one of their hoods on my C6. So far so good! As mentioned above, aftermarket hoods sometimes require a little work when they are installed/painted.

RK said the holes are checked twice during the assembly process. You really should give them a call to run all this by them first hand.

The reason I did not want to call the manufacture was I am just one person one Corvette I have already paid for the hood everyone has recieved the profit so what do they care? But when one of there suppliers comes forward with a complaint they will tend to listen.

PaceThis 06-23-2006 01:37 PM

I can see both sides of the issue...it needs to be addressed publically, at least on the RKSPort quality concerns so that others can steer away if they'd be upset that the hood doesn't fit and will require major work.

I've seen RKSport hoods, and honestly, they require $300-500 worth of prep work. For the extra money, you could have upgraded to a hood that didn't require additional prep (such as an MCM).

On customer service, one shouldn't sell a product that they're not willing to support. While it's true that anger and profanity will limit a company's desire to help a customer - this can be avoided by not carrying products that are KNOWN to have quality control issues. At the very minimum, customers should be warned before placing the order that these issues may exist - and are not necessary small issues to correct.

Best of luck to both parties in obtaining satisfactory results. Though, with the cost of shipping that hood around, it's not going to be easy.

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by PaceThis
I can see both sides of the issue...it needs to be addressed publically, at least on the RKSPort quality concerns so that others can steer away if they'd be upset that the hood doesn't fit and will require major work.

I've seen RKSport hoods, and honestly, they require $300-500 worth of prep work. For the extra money, you could have upgraded to a hood that didn't require additional prep (such as an MCM).

On customer service, one shouldn't sell a product that they're not willing to support. While it's true that anger and profanity will limit a company's desire to help a customer - this can be avoided by not carrying products that are KNOWN to have quality control issues. At the very minimum, customers should be warned before placing the order that these issues may exist - and are not necessary small issues to correct.

Best of luck to both parties in obtaining satisfactory results. Though, with the cost of shipping that hood around, it's not going to be easy.

VERY WELL PUT THANK YOU:iagree:

JR_VET 06-23-2006 01:46 PM

:iagree: :iagree:

msj2222 06-23-2006 01:53 PM

I also believe VENDORS should stand behind everything they sell. The transaction isn't completed after they make their profit, it's after the customer is satisfied. I will steer away from any Vendor who does'nt back up there sale.:flag:

DBFCO2 06-23-2006 02:03 PM

I JUST CHECKED OUT THE HOODS ON VETTE ESSENTIALS VERY NICE, THERE AD STATES VERY LITTLE ADJUSTMENT INSTALLATION 30-40 MIN .... I ALWAYS KICK MYSELF IN THE A@# FOR TRYING TO SAVE A BUCK IT IS TRUE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
I WILL BE PURCHASING A HOOD FROM VETTE ESSENTIALS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BUY A RK5 SUPER CHARGED HOOD ( BRAND NEW) THAT NEEDS WORK I HAVE ONE THAT I AM CURRENTLY USING AS A GARAGE ORNAMENT........