CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   just ordered my flowmasters.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1497521-just-ordered-my-flowmasters.html)

gsport 09-12-2006 04:54 PM

just ordered my flowmasters....

after reading so much about the flowmasters and how everyone is happy with them.... i just ordered a quad tip set from 21st century exhaust out of florida... can't beat there price except for the fact i have to have em shipped to california... total cost was $353.96
thanks everyone for all the positive input on these... hmmmmm now i've got to break it to the wife.. :)

danielg69 09-12-2006 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by gsport
after reading so much about the flowmasters and how everyone is happy with them.... i just ordered a quad tip set from 21st century exhaust out of florida... can't beat there price except for the fact i have to have em shipped to california... total cost was $353.96
thanks everyone for all the positive input on these... hmmmmm now i've got to break it to the wife.. :)

I think I'm going to do this as well. Fortunately no wife for me, just a gf that acts like one!

Daniel :)

rpspa 09-12-2006 05:15 PM

Put them on before telling her...maybe she won't be able to hear you over the rumble....

csun213 09-12-2006 05:23 PM

Do you have a manual or an auto? Please let me know if there is any droning since I am thinking about getting the samething for my C6 A6.

gsport 09-12-2006 05:27 PM

i have a manual.... there is lots to read in the other posts about flowmasters and drone or no drone.... try a search, you'll be very surprised at all the good information you'll find

yell03 09-12-2006 07:18 PM

If I were buying a NEW exhaust Flowmaster would be my 1st choice.

It's GREAT that they offer a C6 exhaust without the Corvette TAX:thumbs:

Keep us posted on how they sound.

Howard

jdurhan 09-12-2006 07:44 PM

I called 21st exhaust today and I was surprised they had them in stock, I had been waiting for summit racing to get there back order and the date kept moving farther out, so I canceled summit and am driving up to Boyton beach a short distance to pick up my flowmasters. $332.00 out the door.(no shipping)

rckt 09-12-2006 08:02 PM

:cheers: wow, boynton beach, do they install there also? too close to me to ignore :)

BlackMark 09-12-2006 08:12 PM

The wife will love your Flowmasters,so much so that you may not get the car away from her!And she definitely will appreciate your shopping savvy.Now be a man and tell her!:lol:

ZBoater 09-12-2006 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by rckt
:cheers: wow, boynton beach, do they install there also? too close to me to ignore :)

Nope, just a distributor. I asked. :D

P.S. Anyone know of a good installer in the Boynton Beach area? I am going to Ft. Lauderdale weekend after next (I will be there Thursday night) and was thinking I could swing over Friday morning, pick one of these up, and have it installed that day... :thumbs:

jdurhan 09-13-2006 07:47 AM

No, just a warehouse

rckt 09-13-2006 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Nope, just a distributor. I asked. :D

P.S. Anyone know of a good installer in the Boynton Beach area? I am going to Ft. Lauderdale weekend after next (I will be there Thursday night) and was thinking I could swing over Friday morning, pick one of these up, and have it installed that day... :thumbs:

Eismann's in Jupiter does cat-back installs. I heard he is good, all they do is corvettes. I would love to hear them after you install them.
Gene

David Garren 09-13-2006 09:59 AM

What is the part number on the Flowmaster

rckt 09-13-2006 10:57 AM

17427 4 tip
17416 2 tip

gsport 09-13-2006 01:49 PM

as hot of an item as this seems to be, i was surprised 21st century had them stock and ready for delivery

ZBoater 09-13-2006 04:43 PM

Eismann's in Jupiter does cat-back installs. I heard he is good, all they do is corvettes. I would love to hear them after you install them.
Gene

I called Eismans and they recommended I NOT put on the flowmasters. :ack: Said something about flowmasters rusting badly after a year. Said I should go B&B or Corsa. I said that not wanting to spend $1,000 on an exhaust, what would be the cost to install the "rusty" flowmasters? :lol: He couldn't tell me off the bat as he did not know exactly which parts came with the kit, but "guesstimated" $150 for the install.

Oh well, we'll see. Don't know what I am going to do now... :crazy:

gsport 09-13-2006 07:03 PM

a local muffler shop here quoted me about $80.00 for the install

Force-1 09-13-2006 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jdurhan
I called 21st exhaust today and I was surprised they had them in stock, I had been waiting for summit racing to get there back order and the date kept moving farther out, so I canceled summit and am driving up to Boyton beach a short distance to pick up my flowmasters. $332.00 out the door.(no shipping)

I did the same today--ordered from 21st and they will be shipped today. I then cancelled my B/O from Summit Racing. :thumbs:

As for "rusty flowmasters", I have them on my Escalade and they look as good as when they were installed 2 1/2 years ago. I also had a dual Flowmaster catback on my F-150, and they looked perfect after 3 years, even in the nasty weather they went through in Spokane.

csun213 09-13-2006 11:24 PM

Can you give me either the phone number or the website for 21st century. Had no luck finding them by either search or google. Thanks

Force-1 09-13-2006 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by csun213
Can you give me either the phone number or the website for 21st century. Had no luck finding them by either search or google. Thanks

(800) 276-6399. They do not have a web site.