CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 coupe (non-ZO6) vs Boxster S - opinions (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1507063-c6-coupe-non-zo6-vs-boxster-s-opinions.html)

Oldguychuck 09-25-2006 09:21 AM

One other car to drive

Interesting that we all have cars that make our heart throb.
I too have looked at both cars and both are different. Another car I considered was the BMW ZM. With 330 hp. it has more of a V-8 push when you get on it. The four years of free maintence with the purchase is something I considered strongly. It is a car you have to drive agressively to get the performance equal to or above the Cayman S but it is very fun to do so.
For me it was the Z4M or the C-6. Both pull strong and can more then hold their own. Both are different and again it is which on makes your heart throb.

HyperX 09-25-2006 10:57 AM

A friend has a 1984 Porsche - 944 turbo - anyway he bought it to keep it 'forever'. Well, he had some suspension issues (expected for a 20 year old car). It cost him 12,000 to replace it. The bills on this thing are super high. He is selling it now, and swore off Porsche. For the amount of money he is spending to maintain it, he said he could have a Ferrari.

JC7 09-25-2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by PaceThis
I love mid engine placements...but never had much desire for the boxster...

I guess it's the looks...to me (no offense to any owners), it's a very feminine car that just doesn't do it for me...if I were a chick or gay, I might be more interested.

That said, it's not going to have the power of a C6. I've been driving powerful V8's for the last 1/2 dozen years and couldn't go back to something as slow as the boxster...

A poor man Posche, but not cheap, more $$$ than a Vette. Niether ride is cheap! Just the Posche come's off that way...

Whiterock1 09-25-2006 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Old Chuck
Interesting that we all have cars that make our heart throb.
I too have looked at both cars and both are different. Another car I considered was the BMW ZM. With 330 hp. it has more of a V-8 push when you get on it. The four years of free maintence with the purchase is something I considered strongly. It is a car you have to drive agressively to get the performance equal to or above the Cayman S but it is very fun to do so.
For me it was the Z4M or the C-6. Both pull strong and can more then hold their own. Both are different and again it is which on makes your heart throb.

The M Coupe (or Roadster) have 6 cylinder engines, same as the '06 M3. Great engine, but not a V8.

2BBVette 09-25-2006 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
#'s 1-10 (all of the above) are what led Tony Soprano's cousin Ralph Cipparetto to declare... "The Boxter is a Porsche with panties.". :lol:

haha yeah! I always say that since that episode. :iagree: