CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Help, Auxiliary Fuse Block 1987, where is it?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/1535337-help-auxiliary-fuse-block-1987-where-is-it.html)

rhelwood 10-28-2006 12:31 PM

Help, Auxiliary Fuse Block 1987, where is it??

I need a little help. I cannot find my Auxiliary Fuse Block which is listed as behind the center of the IP. I do not see it. Any help would be appreciated. I am changing the hazard relay......

Thanks

RRT vette 10-28-2006 01:01 PM

Behind the DIC (drivers information cluster) there is a fuse block. You have to remove the radio/climate control bezel. 4 or so screws hold it on. Once that is removed you need to remove the DIC and you should be able to see what you need. Cake job.

rick lambert 10-28-2006 01:06 PM

I've never found an aux. fuse box on my 87, but the hazard flasher is located behind the drivers info. center...where the SES light comes on. Good luck. If there's a fuse box back there I'd like to know what fuses are in there? relays yes, flasher yes, fuses...I don't think so.

bogus 10-28-2006 01:10 PM

that's where it is on my wifes 87... behind the DIC...

Now, as a thought, perhaps your has simply been pushed behind a panel or something.

RRT vette 10-28-2006 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by rick lambert
I've never found an aux. fuse box on my 87, but the hazard flasher is located behind the drivers info. center...where the SES light comes on. Good luck. If there's a fuse box back there I'd like to know what fuses are in there? relays yes, flasher yes, fuses...I don't think so.

There are a few (3-4) fuses there. I know the CSV fuse it in there, I can't recall the others off hand.

rhelwood 10-28-2006 01:30 PM

Thanks.:cheers:

I can now see it. The Service Manual and Electrical Diagnosis SM Supplement call out the Auxiliary Fuse Block which is beside the Hazard Relay, Horn Relay, and a few other components.

So I just remove the Information Cluster which is held in place by four screws?

RRT vette 10-28-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by rhelwood
So I just remove the Information Cluster which is held in place by four screws?

:yesnod:

rhelwood 10-28-2006 01:38 PM

By the way, the Auxiliary Fuse Block contains the Theft Fuse (15A) according to the ESM.

It shows four slots. I will let you know once I pull mine out.

RRT vette 10-28-2006 05:13 PM

Let us know when you get to it. I would like a reminder of what fuses are back there. I'm lazy.:D

rhelwood 10-29-2006 11:01 AM

There are four fuse slots, but the Owners Manual, Service Manual, and my Vette use only three of the slots.

Hatch Auto (3)
Theft (15)
Blank
CINJ/CLU (5) (Listed as Crank in the Owners Manual)