CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   Nexus gauges for SC! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/1571581-nexus-gauges-for-sc.html)

Cartier1 12-11-2006 11:03 PM

Nexus gauges for SC!

what you guys think its better to have on the car??
i have the nexus Boost gauge on the dual pod pillar,but im tired of waitting for the air/fuel nexus gauge.

Whats the best conbination to tune or have on the car for the SC
1 Boost & air/fuel ratio
2 Boost & Fuel pressure
wich conbination is the worth it?:crazy:

Mr. Big 12-12-2006 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cartier1
i have the nexus Boost gauge on the dual pod pillar,but im tired of waitting for the air/fuel nexus gauge.

1 Boost & air/fuel ratio
2 Boost & Fuel pressure

most A/F guages are waste of money. They are basically a light show that gets annoying. If you have a pod that holds 2 guages, my vote is for Boost and Fuel Pressure

Blue02ws6 12-12-2006 12:54 AM

or get a useful wideband gauge for it.

Cartier1 12-12-2006 01:34 AM

whats more important here,A/f or fuel press?????
supposing the nexus is a good wideband gauge,cause it shows in digital and led type.

and the nexus fuel pressure is digital too,but shows in analog type.

wich one is better to be alert while driving or racing with the SC??????

Also thanks a lot for the quick answer!! :hurray:

Fastbird 12-12-2006 09:14 AM

The nexus is a wide-band gauge. I've been waiting on it to come out since May for our Turbo Celica.

Boost and Air/Fuel would be the choice things to see. Fuel pressure isn't that necessary to be seen to tune off of. Just know where it is, and know where you move it to if you play with the pressure.

In reference to your question: Air Fuel would be more important because you can get a fuel pressure idea based off of what your A/F is doing. If you're running along on a road course or something and your A/F suddenly starts to spike up, safe bet is that you just lost fuel pressure. As long as the Air Fuel gauge is a Wide Band type (Nexus, AEM, Dynojet WBC, and PLX for instance) you'll be fine. DO NOT get a Narrow Band (the cheap $60 gauge ones) air fuel gauge. Nothing more than a silly light show.

SpeedyZ 12-12-2006 03:33 PM

If you have invested that much in the Nexus setup you might as well get a triple pod and run Boost, Air/Fuel ratio & Fuel pressure gages!:thumbs:

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick 01-07-2007 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Big (Post 1558070542)
most A/F guages are waste of money. They are basically a light show that gets annoying. If you have a pod that holds 2 guages, my vote is for Boost and Fuel Pressure

i guess your talking about narrow band gauge.
a wideband is accurate and is great security to have in high dollar FI setups

2MuchRiceMakesMeSick 01-07-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cartier1 (Post 1558069302)

1 Boost & air/fuel ratio
2 Boost & Fuel pressure

are you having trouble getting your hands on the nexus wideband kit?