CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   battery removal (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/1586978-battery-removal.html)

dechilders 01-01-2007 02:11 PM

battery removal

Anyone know how to remove the battery in the C4, a 95. I've done a search and don't get any where. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

C4Robert 01-01-2007 02:18 PM

well i dnt know if its at all the same prob not because surely they worked it out where u dont have to take the back half of the tire well out to get to it. but in my 87 u have to take the back half of the front tire well out to get to it there are some torx and some metric bolts/screws holding it in. not the easiest to get to but it shouldnt take you too long but make sure u have the right torx socket before u start

jfb 01-01-2007 02:19 PM

Remove the torx screws behind the LF wheel and lower the body panel and slide the battery out.

cip93vette 01-01-2007 02:19 PM

It's Not That Bad

You Have To Take Off That Side Panel There Are 4 Bolst You Loosten The 2 At The Bottom And You Can Remove The 2 At The Top And It Will Slide Out.take Off The Battery Hold Down Bolt Then Slide The Battery Out. Please Be Careful You Don't Want To Crack The Plastic

MikeC4 01-01-2007 02:51 PM

if you like pictures and step by step advice, like me, follow this article for battery replacement:

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2001...ttery/bat1.asp

:cheers:

dechilders 01-01-2007 03:06 PM

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I got it out. Now I just hope that is the only problem. After trying to start the blower fan comes on even thought the controls were off. I hope there isn't something else that is not just due to low battery. I'll post the conclusion as soon as I get a new battery and see where I am. Thanks for all the help.

aboatguy 01-01-2007 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by dechilders (Post 1558331130)
Thanks everyone. I got it out. Now I just hope that is the only problem. After trying to start the blower fan comes on even thought the controls were off. I hope there isn't something else that is not just due to low battery. I'll post the conclusion as soon as I get a new battery and see where I am. Thanks for all the help.

Whenever I unhook the battery in my 95 the climate control ends up on!
I just know to turn it off before starting the car.

Mike

jimg's'93 01-01-2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by cip93vette (Post 1558330548)
You Have To Take Off That Side Panel There Are 4 Bolst You Loosten The 2 At The Bottom And You Can Remove The 2 At The Top And It Will Slide Out.take Off The Battery Hold Down Bolt Then Slide The Battery Out. Please Be Careful You Don't Want To Crack The Plastic

You're forgetting the nut under that panel and the bolt on top. Loosen the lower nut (loosen only) and slide the panel 90 deg. away from the vehicle after the torx are removed from the left side. A thin ignition wrench works great for that lower nut.

MikeC4 01-01-2007 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jimg's'93 (Post 1558332550)
You're forgetting the nut under that panel and the bolt on top. Loosen the lower nut (loosen only) and slide the panel 90 deg. away from the vehicle after the torx are removed from the left side. A thin ignition wrench works great for that lower nut.

a small 7mm open end also does the trick on that bolt between the side panel lower body molding....but yes, just loosen it, the panel has a groove and it slides right off the car...:cheers:

dechilders 01-02-2007 12:55 PM

Done

The battery was the only problem. It would have taken me a while to figure that one out. I never suspected the side panel but knew there had to be a trick to it when I saw the brace membr over the top of the battery. I'm on the road again and thanks everyone for the help.:flag:

RRT vette 01-02-2007 01:14 PM

Glad I could help.

MikeC4 01-02-2007 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by RRT vette (Post 1558342316)
Glad I could help.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: