CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   A6 Transimssion Issue (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/1606849-a6-transimssion-issue.html)

C6 Twin Turbo 01-24-2007 07:24 PM

A6 Transimssion Issue

I wanted to update everyone on my A6 transmission issue. I have the APS TT's on my C6. Everything was going fine with the car at 500 RWHP and 515 tq. I then added the APS exhaust and the car started to have transmission issues. The main issue was the car would not make the 2 to 3 shift at heavy acceleration. I called some vendors to see who they would recomend I go to. The answer I got was RPM transmissions. So I called Rodney at RPM transmissions to talk about my problem. After talking to Rodney I made plans to take my car to him. There he took time to talk to me about what he was going to do; he showed me his shop and introduced me to some of his people. I knew I was leaving my car in good hands. With very limited information on the A6 Rodney had his work cut out for him. If you are having any transmission issue I would highly recomend Rodney for your work. I could not be more pleased with the job he and his team did on my car. I know he worked on every piece of the transmission. He also worked on the tune, shift points and shift pressures. I also know he had to spend a tremendous amount of time trying to find out the best things he could do for the transmission. He took the trans out and put it back and then pulled it again until he was satisfied with how it was working. The car is now shifting, shifting faster and feels great. I aslo had them upgrade the rear of the car while it was there.
My Thanks to Rodney and his team!!!

blue racer c6 01-24-2007 08:09 PM

I had a chance to see your car when I pick up my a4 m122 after they installed a new tq converter and they have done my transmission and rear end as well. RPM has been a big help to me . Your car looks great and very clean install:thumbs: :cheers: would like to be his test driver:D good luck:cheers:

knkali 01-24-2007 09:00 PM

so what was the problem? The A6 couldnt handle that much HP/torque?
or something else? Glad it worked out for you!

rodney@rpmtransmissions 01-24-2007 09:32 PM

Thanks Kevin for the kind words. I'm glad you know and appreciate how hard our shop worked on your C6. I am glad everything is working well. I want everyone to understand that we are NOT a super A6 builder at this time. We feel we have done the best that we can with what we were given or able to find at this time. I think that there is going to be good things to come with the A6 in the future. The transmissions internals look very promising but the electronics/programming have a lot to be desired from a performance standpoint. I had a great time driving your beast and promise to stay on top of the A6 issues.

blue racer c6 01-24-2007 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by rodney@rpmtransmissions (Post 1558664067)
Thanks Kevin for the kind words. I'm glad you know and appreciate how hard our shop worked on your C6. I am glad everything is working well. I want everyone to understand that we are NOT a super A6 builder at this time. We feel we have done the best that we can with what we were given or able to find at this time. I think that there is going to be good things to come with the A6 in the future. The transmissions internals look very promising but the electronics/programming have a lot to be desired from a performance standpoint. I had a great time driving your beast and promise to stay on top of the A6 issues.

Good to see your working late. how about the test driver job:eek: will see you soon:cheers:

rodney@rpmtransmissions 01-24-2007 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by blue racer c6 (Post 1558664196)
Good to see your working late. how about the test driver job:eek: will see you soon:cheers:

If I ever get to the point of needing one, I think you would be qualified after driving your TORQUE beast. I just want to know what color C6 is faster, black or blue?

blue racer c6 01-24-2007 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by rodney@rpmtransmissions (Post 1558664390)
If I ever get to the point of needing one, I think you would be qualified after driving your TORQUE beast. I just want to know what color C6 is faster, black or blue?

BLUE:D Will find out by may:cheers:

Brabus2 01-24-2007 10:50 PM

Kevin, glad to hear RPM worked out the bugs for you...how much more HP gains when you added the APS exhaust?? Replied to your PM, thanks!

rodney@rpmtransmissions 01-24-2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by blue racer c6 (Post 1558664533)
BLUE:D Will find out by may:cheers:

Rumor has it that it might be a white one in our neck of the woods.:lol:

1bdasvt 01-24-2007 11:00 PM

I'm thinkng of doing H/C in the future,but mine is an A6 as well and I don't know if it could handle that much more HP!
{I hate to wait,but maybe I should!}

knkali 01-24-2007 11:09 PM

So..what was the problem? HP?

knkali 01-24-2007 11:11 PM

Bdasvt,
Glad to hear your A6 is ok with that beast of yours. Who di you tune and did they wk on your shift points?

1bdasvt 01-24-2007 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by knkali (Post 1558665575)
Bdasvt,
Glad to hear your A6 is ok with that beast of yours. Who di you tune and did they wk on your shift points?

Thanks Bro!
Doug @ LAPD did the tune,and I have not yet had the tranny tuned!{but plan on it soon!}

C6 Twin Turbo 01-25-2007 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by knkali (Post 1558665575)
Bdasvt,

The problem with the transmission was at heavy acceleration the car would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. The car would hit the rev limiter and slow down. I am not an expert but as I understand it the issue was in the tune, shift points and mph of the shift. It was probably associated with the high torq and hp. The computer needed to be adjusted to meet the demands of the car. Some of the clutches showed signs of burn and wear. The clutches were changed as well as parts made to work with the clutches. RPM can give you more information on this then I can. I do know that they adjusted and tuned the transmission to resolve any remaining issues.

1bdasvt 01-25-2007 10:31 PM

Hey Twin Turbo,are You seeing this problem from a stand still and then "flooring it"?
And are You using paddles or leaving it in sport mode!
I had the same thing happen when I floor mine,it revs all the way to the limit,them "sputters"!
I think I know my problem,my wheels were spinning all the way to the limit of revs so I don't know if it should've shiffted or not!
Gotta figure this out! Rodney,any advice?

C6 Twin Turbo 01-26-2007 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt (Post 1558680257)
Hey Twin Turbo,are You seeing this problem from a stand still and then "flooring it"?
And are You using paddles or leaving it in sport mode!
I had the same thing happen when I floor mine,it revs all the way to the limit,them "sputters"!
I think I know my problem,my wheels were spinning all the way to the limit of revs so I don't know if it should've shiffted or not!
Gotta figure this out! Rodney,any advice?

No, I did not have an issue from a dead stop. I had the problem when I was rolling and the jumped on it. I then started having problems with the paddles shifting from 2 to 3rd. as well. In normal driving mode I did not have any problems with the shifts. You seem to have the same issue I had. I was having the same issue with the wheel spinning. Rodney at RPM would be the guy to talk to.

1bdasvt 01-26-2007 07:12 PM

Thanks!

knkali 01-26-2007 07:13 PM

C'mon RPM Tansmission we need a bullet proof A6!

Boat Racer 01-26-2007 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by knkali (Post 1558692590)
C'mon RPM Tansmission we need a bullet proof A6!

:iagree: :iagree:

knkali 01-26-2007 08:08 PM

And I need that boat and the women on it in Boat Racers avatar