CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 ZR-1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion-50/)
-   -   Just returned from Corey Henderson's (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion/1623435-just-returned-from-corey-hendersons.html)

Sgreg 02-13-2007 02:23 PM

Just returned from Corey Henderson's

Just picked up my Z from Corey in New Braunfels and got a tour of his great new shop. It is first class with all modern equipment to accomplish nearly any high performance task. Corey did a P/P on the plenum and injector housings on my 91. This plus a Corsa catback exhaust netted me 60 RWHP and 20+ lbs/ft of torque. Very impressive and noticeable in all gears. He also refinished the motor in near stock color only better. Corey is just a great guy and one of the best tuners in the Corvette world. Those of us in Texas are very lucky to have him so near. Thanks, Corey and also thanks to Bob Hall for picking me up at the San Antonio airport. It's great to shoot the bull with guys that love these cars as much as I do !!!

Greg

guinnessdood 02-13-2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sgreg (Post 1558942768)
Just picked up my Z from Corey in New Braunfels and got a tour of his great new shop. It is first class with all modern equipment to accomplish nearly any high performance task. Corey did a P/P on the plenum and injector housings on my 91. This plus a Corsa catback exhaust netted me 60 RWHP and 20+ lbs/ft of torque. Very impressive and noticeable in all gears. He also refinished the motor in near stock color only better. Corey is just a great guy and one of the best tuners in the Corvette world. Those of us in Texas are very lucky to have him so near. Thanks, Corey and also thanks to Bob Hall for picking me up at the San Antonio airport. It's great to shoot the bull with guys that love these cars as much as I do !!!

Greg

I Second That Emotion...the entire post!:iagree: :cool: :cheers: :thumbs: :smash: :yesnod:

YorkL8apex 02-13-2007 02:36 PM

:iagree: Its great to have guys still interested in working on the LT5:thumbs: With Cory and guys like Gordon Killebrew (shown below in red shirt at a ZR-1 clinic) still out there sharing their experiences from GM with the tuners, these motors will be shocking rice burners and exotics for years to come.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...ng_the_LT5.JPG

willie mac 02-13-2007 04:21 PM

how was the drive home:iagree: I don't know how I didn't get a ticket after leaving Coreys. :D MY right foot had a mind of it own,it kept going to the floor and for some reason had to replace the rear tires when i got home. Coreys work is first class and his tuning abilities second to none. Shoot I drove 1550mi to have him work on mine. I can hardly wait till he tells me to bring the red car for a 368 .his pricing is very fair .you won't be dissapointed ,of that I am sure

Sgreg 02-13-2007 04:41 PM

Yeah, Willie Mac, I can identify with the speed thing. Need a V-1 really bad. Got several chances to shift down and floor it and it really pulled hard. I can just imagine how the big cube motors run. Bob Hall who picked me up in San Antonio has a 95 385 that lays down 513 RWHP. That should get anyones' attention. I failed to say in my post that Corey is worth a drive like you took. He is very good at what he does and I will be a loyal customer of his for as long as I am able to drive machinery.

GTB/ZR-1 02-13-2007 05:56 PM

Nice gains Greg, it only progresses from here... :lol:

willie mac 02-13-2007 06:50 PM

Next time your @ coreys make uncle Bob give you the E ticket ride. that car is what I want mine to be when it grows up. Corey drove bobs with me in the passenger seat . first gear was a joke just blew the tires off . he short shifted to second and gently squezzed the gas down the car hooked but as it got to 5k the tires broke loose and it was all he could do to keep it straight. i think i litterly sucked the seat up. I shall remember that ride as long as I live. Iwant a stroker If anyone wants to sell their stroker please contact me .I'd sell everything I have for a good stroker.:eek:

tnz5106 02-13-2007 06:58 PM

Can you give me more info on Corey and his location? I am working in Dallas and need to get my '92 Z checked out!!!.....thanks......Perry

Sgreg 02-13-2007 07:02 PM

Bob turned 181 in the mile. Pretty salty. It's amazing what 385 cubes and 513 RWHP can do !!! :eek:

dbriana 02-13-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by tnz5106 (Post 1558946722)
Can you give me more info on Corey and his location? I am working in Dallas and need to get my '92 Z checked out!!!.....thanks......Perry

http://www.hendersonperformance.com

DDSLT5 02-13-2007 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sgreg (Post 1558946778)
Bob turned 181 in the mile. Pretty salty. It's amazing what 385 cubes and 513 RWHP can do !!! :eek:

Indeed it is! Next time, tell him to hit the JUICE!!!!:thumbs:

Sgreg 02-13-2007 09:05 PM

Perry- Corey is not your average wrench. He has a mechanical engineering degree from Texas A&M and is a ZR-1 owner. He is in New Braunfels just north of San Antonio and just south of Austin. Take 35 south and the New Braunfels exit on 46 to Loop 337 and you're there. His web site is just populating so you can't see his new shop. It is spectacular.

phrogs 02-13-2007 09:20 PM

Who is that sexy MOFO with the flashlight??

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex (Post 1558942952)

YorkL8apex 02-13-2007 09:38 PM

See I keep finding reasons to post that pic of your Marine mug digging into the guts of your LT5 hardware Johnny:flag:

korvetkeith 02-16-2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sgreg (Post 1558948716)
Perry- Corey is not your average wrench. He has a mechanical engineering degree from Texas A&M and is a ZR-1 owner. He is in New Braunfels just north of San Antonio and just south of Austin. Take 35 south and the New Braunfels exit on 46 to Loop 337 and you're there. His web site is just populating so you can't see his new shop. It is spectacular.

Thought he went to UTA?

MTIZ07 02-16-2007 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by korvetkeith (Post 1558988139)
Thought he went to UTA?

He went to UTSA!!! :smash: