CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   "New England Chrome Plating" (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/1643864-new-england-chrome-plating.html)

gonefishn 03-08-2007 12:48 PM

"New England Chrome Plating"

About to chrome a few pieces. Did a search and only found postings by "aworks" on New England Chrome Plating which were good.

Are there any other recommendations good or bad related to their work? Any camparison to Paul's Chrome in quality and meeting schedule commitments?

They would just be a whole lot closer then driving all the way to Pennsylvania and back.

Thanks,
John

GTR1999 03-08-2007 12:57 PM

They are usually at the Lake Compounce and Stafford Springs swap meets along with the guy in Fall River MA. Those should start next month.
I used one of those co's for my 69 and had to return 1 part three times over 8 months to get it corrected.A lot depends on how you want them plated as well- triple plate vs 2 stage.

gonefishn 03-08-2007 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by GTR1999 (Post 1559280925)
I used one of those co's for my 69 and had to return 1 part three times over 8 months to get it corrected.A lot depends on how you want them plated as well- triple plate vs 2 stage.

Was that New England Chrome that took the 3 times or someone else?

Thanks,
John

aworks 03-09-2007 06:15 AM

New england has done four sets of midyear bumpers and alot of the parts on my 60. I have a set of bumpers there right now. Nu Chrome did some parts for my 60 also cause they needed repairs. They did a great job on repairing the windshield posts and polishing the all the stainless. Nu Chrome did take 6 months to complete the job. New England is a smaller shop and the turn around is much better than Nu Chrome. I think they both do good work.:thumbs:

GTR1999 03-09-2007 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by gonefishn (Post 1559287047)
Was that New England Chrome that took the 3 times or someone else?

Thanks,
John

It was not NE Chrome.

Kevin 64 03-09-2007 09:08 AM

Any recommendations on rechrome companies in/near St. Louis?

gonefishn 03-09-2007 12:27 PM

There are two highly recommended places close by you. One is Tri-City in Eastern TN and the other is Areba (also in TN) but they may be stopping new orders and getting out of the business.

http://www.tricityplating.com/

John

terrys61 03-10-2007 11:23 AM

Chrome Plating

Originally Posted by gonefishn (Post 1559280794)
About to chrome a few pieces. Did a search and only found postings by "aworks" on New England Chrome Plating which were good.

Are there any other recommendations good or bad related to their work? Any camparison to Paul's Chrome in quality and meeting schedule commitments?

They would just be a whole lot closer then driving all the way to Pennsylvania and back.

Thanks,
John

Had all my chrome on 61 done by New England Chrome, Front & Rear bumpers/ Post assy/ Rear license. Front grill re-done. All removable chrome re-polished. Super people to deal with. Get your pieces in early!!!

gonefishn 03-11-2007 01:46 PM

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like NE Chrome is good. Wish I could find more feedback too.

Now I need to decide on doing the 7hr drive to Penn. or the 1.5hr drive to NE Chrome.

John

62Jeff 03-11-2007 02:12 PM

Quality of chrome work isn't specific to the generation of corvette. You might try posting on the C3 forum, they still have chrome on their cars.

gonefishn 03-11-2007 03:38 PM

Thanks 62Jeff. Good idea and I just posted in C3.

Here is the link to New England Chrome if anyone is interested.

http://www.newenglandchrome.com/

Just changed the oil in my daily driver for the potential long drive :crazy: Would need to take a vacation day from work too so the trip would be a real pain. Cost of gas, 1 night hotel, and chroming costs :rolleyes: ..... and pick it up when done.

John

gonefishn 03-12-2007 10:13 AM

Posted in the C3 section, as suggested by 62Jeff, and some goof moved the post to "Upcoming Events and Regional Discussion" forum page.

So inquiring on any chrome shop in any part of the country is a regional discussion now. Suppose buying parts from any vendor, since they reside in a "region", should be moved to regional discussion :willy: :crazy:

Glad the modirators here are normal.

John

dazvet 03-13-2007 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin 64 (Post 1559292856)
Any recommendations on rechrome companies in/near St. Louis?

You may want to check out Highline Plating, Inc., 105 Enterprise Drive, Cuba, Mo., 1 573-885-7651. They had some of their pieces on display a couple years ago at a classic car auction and they looked great. It's a family run operation and if they are still in business I am going to bring some pieces over in a month or two.
Larry

Kevin 64 03-15-2007 08:43 AM

Highline Plating

Thanks. I check 'em out.