CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Do you guys take your C3 to the drive in movies? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/1684414-do-you-guys-take-your-c3-to-the-drive-in-movies.html)

turtlevette 04-22-2007 09:51 AM

Do you guys take your C3 to the drive in movies?

My wife and I have been going a lot in the past couple of years.

We had been using a rental Mustang vert. Its nice to have the top down in the summer nite air and look up at the stars.

We had an incident last year. We got sprayed with gravel from behind all over the inside of the car and in the back of the head. I got out of the car yelling and cussing like a mad man. "Who threw the GD gravel. Who threw the GD gravel." Finally a woman admitted it was her 4 year old. I shut up and got back in the car and watched the rest of the movie. I have a thing about not wanting to damage something that doesn't belong to me.

Last night we took the vette. For some reason the kids like to play ball right next to MY car. It was a father and son this time throwing a baseball and the father was standing right in front of my car with the kid throwing to him. I just knew they were going to hit us so i didn't bother to remove the tops right away. The main thing is that i didn't want us to get hit in the head.

I told my wife i wouldn't get that upset if they hit the car because i'm just not that paticular about it and the paint isn't finished anyway. But damn, they didn't know that and i think it just shows a lack of respect. I'm tired of having to yell at people.

Big2Bird 04-22-2007 09:59 AM

Do you still go when it's raining?
Can you drink beer at the drive in?
What kind of battery holds up the best during the movie? I would not want to get stuck there.

GTR1999 04-22-2007 10:01 AM

Drive in's here in CT went the way of $.50 gas

rihwoods 04-22-2007 10:01 AM

Many years ago,we would go and set up a small bar-b-que and cook chow....and smoke up the place...:D

JACKAL0PE 04-22-2007 10:01 AM

What's a drive-in movie?

SmokinBBC 04-22-2007 10:05 AM

I used to go alot when I was younger back in Chgo.....

I haven't done that in quite a few years...thanks for the idea! I think I'll have to mention it to the wife to see if she wants to. Don't think we would be able to take the vette, no back seat:lol:.

DJ Dep 04-22-2007 10:08 AM

I miss drive-ins too. We used to load our car till the springs were completely bottomed out on $3-a-carload night. We yanked off so many speakers driving away that they ended up attaching chains to them. Drive away and leave the speaker in the windown and you lose your window!

Dep

turtlevette 04-22-2007 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Big2Bird (Post 1559924131)
Do you still go when it's raining?
Can you drink beer at the drive in?
What kind of battery holds up the best during the movie? I would not want to get stuck there.

I've had to report teenagers drinking once. I guess i'm going to have to invest in a Tasor.

I guess the yellow top would work better but my Autozone has been doing fine. The staff will give you a porta jump if you drain it. You could bring a small boom box and put it in back.

I saw a couple of nicely restored 56 57 chevys there last night. The last night of the season they have a classics only afternoon. It looks cool with all the old cars.

What kind of paint holds up to a baseball impact best? I was kinda hoping they would crack the hood so i could get them to buy me a new turbo one.

Whats the best way to clean chicken wing crust, popcorn, and vanilla coke from between the seats? I guess i'll just leave it there. It gives the car character.

Big2Bird 04-22-2007 10:17 AM

Do they have wi-fi now? I would not want to miss Oprah.

Does anyone know where spyder lite/man 3 is playing?

moosie982 04-22-2007 10:18 AM

Yeah, when they were open and in business, I kinda miss them and what when on if the movie was a yawner,,,never had a problem with kids ,drunks or nosy people,,,Peace,,,Moosie :seeya

Big2Bird 04-22-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by turtlevette (Post 1559924266)

What kind of paint holds up to a baseball impact best? Just paint it Rustoleum Camaflouge

Whats the best way to clean chicken wing crust, popcorn, and vanilla coke from between the seats? They use Coke to clean engines. Hose it down.

;) ;) ;)

Durango_Boy 04-22-2007 10:42 AM

I plan on going to the one local drive this summer in the Vette. It's a great deal, $7, for two new releases. There are always plenty of kids, but never that are really being a pain. The owners actually ask families to leave if the kids are not paying attention to the movies and are disturbing people who paid to watch the movie.

I just wish they had car hops.

capevettes 04-22-2007 10:47 AM

Driveins in Massachussetts in April? Where? The only one I know of is in Welfleet on the Cape and that won't open until May. I have gone in the Vette before with the roof off and really enjoyed it.

turtlevette 04-22-2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by capevettes (Post 1559924530)
Driveins in Massachussetts in April? Where? The only one I know of is in Welfleet on the Cape and that won't open until May. I have gone in the Vette before with the roof off and really enjoyed it.

http://www.mendondrivein.com/

We went to mendon last night and last weekend.

http://www.wellfleetdrivein.com/
Welfleet says they're open but we haven't been there this year. We alternate between there and mendon. I like to eat at the Bookstore restraunt before the movie.

Chris Farrer 04-22-2007 11:14 AM

It use to get annoying seeing the guy in fronts car bouncing up and down, put you right off the movie!!!
:cheers:

Big2Bird 04-22-2007 11:16 AM

The only one around here is in Riverside.:ack:

rihwoods 04-22-2007 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Big2Bird (Post 1559924813)
The only one around here is in Riverside.:ack:

Last movie at the Rancho Drive-in near San Diego was "Kung Foo Mama":lol:

Big2Bird 04-22-2007 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by rihwoods (Post 1559924852)
Last movie at the Rancho Drive-in near San Diego was "Kung Foo Mama":lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

68RATVT 04-22-2007 11:52 AM

None left here in the Central Valley, all this ag land, there's some skeletons rotting in weeds. The wife and I stopped at one to look around, found two speakers and a stand laying on the ground. San Luis Obispo still has one screen with special showing nights.....Funny story about drive in dates, my then girlfriend,now wife(high school) went to see "My Bloody Valentine", we were in the back seat, I'm not thinking movie, a scary part jumped out of the screen at us, she screams, I see it from the corner of my eye and jump, my arm goes through the headliner of her 67 Mustang!!! Jeez, we almost pee'd and laughed all night......

DJ Dep 04-22-2007 11:59 AM

Speaking of missing stuff...I sure miss this place:

http://www.geocities.com/grc46250/us30.html

:yesnod: