CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-scan-and-tune-91/)
-   -   Wideband install (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-scan-and-tune/1694603-wideband-install.html)

PewterMetallic98 05-03-2007 12:34 AM

Wideband install

About to install my wideband. Wanted to see where you guys have run yours and how exactly you get it inside the car from the exhaust. Anyone have pics? Thanks in advance!!

minytrker 05-03-2007 10:40 AM

Do a search on here and there are pics of differnt ways everyone has ran them. There is really only 2 differnt ways most have run them for the most part. One way is up through the shifter hole in the center console and the other is through the pass floorbloard under the batt.

davidfarmer 05-03-2007 02:19 PM

For temporary use, I've gone up by the PCM/Battery, then over the cowl and into the passenger door jam. For permanent use, just put holes where you need them.

FreddyG 05-11-2007 01:02 PM

Patches does GREAT write ups and is METICULOUS in all of his installs. This is how I'm going to do mine when it arrives.

Patches WB02 Install with pics.................

FactoryRaceCar 05-11-2007 04:55 PM

^^^ Which one did you get Rob? I still have to install my LC1.

FreddyG 05-11-2007 07:20 PM

Hi Nouman!:seeya

I got in on a PLX SM-AFR GB that they had on LS1Tech. I chose that one because it's Really easy for an electrically Illiterate person like me to install and it doesn't need to be free air calibrated....Not too mention the price was Way too good to pass up!

I needed to get this to freshen up my tune with the meth on. I figure that this and a dyno should do the trick!

When are you having yours put in? I saw that plate that Beer made you and it's Sweet! I might have to copy off you on that one! :D

FactoryRaceCar 05-11-2007 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1560214724)
Hi Nouman!:seeya

I got in on a PLX SM-AFR GB that they had on LS1Tech. I chose that one because it's Really easy for an electrically Illiterate person like me to install and it doesn't need to be free air calibrated....Not too mention the price was Way too good to pass up!

I needed to get this to freshen up my tune with the meth on. I figure that this and a dyno should do the trick!

When are you having yours put in? I saw that plate that Beer made you and it's Sweet! I might have to copy off you on that one! :D

:cool:

Beer does awesome work. You will really love it :)

FreddyG 05-11-2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar (Post 1560216011)
:cool:

Beer does awesome work. You will really love it :)

I saw that! I've just got to figure out what I want to do there. I've got the WB02 gauge that I'd put in there, my alky control box and the attenuator knob for my windshield stereo tweeters. Quite a bit of stuff to fit behind ther, but I'm sure that it can be done. :cheers:

Kind of like fitting 10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lbs. bag. :D

FactoryRaceCar 05-11-2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1560216405)
I saw that! I've just got to figure out what I want to do there. I've got the WB02 gauge that I'd put in there, my alky control box and the attenuator knob for my windshield stereo tweeters. Quite a bit of stuff to fit behind ther, but I'm sure that it can be done. :cheers:

Kind of like fitting 10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lbs. bag. :D

:thumbs:

I will post pics as soon as I install mine. :cheers:

FreddyG 05-12-2007 01:58 AM

I'd like to see it! Thanks! :cheers:

Bill Curlee 05-16-2007 01:07 PM

I have an LC-1 and was wondering,,,,,if i removed a rear O2 sensor and installed it in there to do some tuning, will the O2 readings be the same as before the CATs as after the CATs or is it close enough as not to worry about it?

BC

Todd157k 05-16-2007 01:59 PM

Bill, there was a thread on that a month or two ago. Someone tried it and said the readings were quite a bit different (don't remember how much or what direction). I'll try and find the thread but my memory is going faster than my car. :rofl:

EG@EnglandGreen 05-16-2007 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee (Post 1560271225)
I have an LC-1 and was wondering,,,,,if i removed a rear O2 sensor and installed it in there to do some tuning, will the O2 readings be the same as before the CATs as after the CATs or is it close enough as not to worry about it?

BC

Bill, the WB needs to be before the cats.

Stephen :cheers:

KBlanke 05-17-2007 07:21 AM

What if you are not running cats? I have the LC-1 that I want to install on my track car, would the rear bung work?

clemsondave 05-17-2007 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by KBlanke (Post 1560283065)
What if you are not running cats? I have the LC-1 that I want to install on my track car, would the rear bung work?

Anywhere after the x-pipe. That way you get data from both banks.

Billdog350 05-17-2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Todd157k (Post 1560272132)
Bill, there was a thread on that a month or two ago. Someone tried it and said the readings were quite a bit different (don't remember how much or what direction). I'll try and find the thread but my memory is going faster than my car. :rofl:

If you find that thread, please post here! I have checked LS1Tech and this forum repeatedly and can't find any proof that after cat readings are grossly innacurate. Most say at most .5 difference at most. If you're tuning for 13.0 after cat, it will give you a safe 12.5 "true" value.

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen (Post 1560280982)
Bill, the WB needs to be before the cats.

Stephen :cheers:

EG, if people are installing a permanent bung I agree that before cat is ideal, but I have seen dozens of tunes done at various shops using a tailpipe sniffer (after cats) as well as post-cat 02 bungs that produced ok results. Can you add some information or experience to back up this comment that it "needs" to be before the cat? I'm very interested in how all the tuners here are doing things :thumbs:

here are some threads I found regarding pre/post cat WB readings.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/archi...p/t-38077.html
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...hp/t-1553.html

I have dual secondary 02 bungs on my LG Streets, but no cats, so I have been using the secondary 02 bungs rather than adding an extra bung and my self tunes are within .1-.2 of two independent dynojet sniffers.