CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 ZR-1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion-50/)
-   -   White Racing Products "windshields" (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion/1742687-white-racing-products-windshields.html)

old-hot-rodder 06-26-2007 08:43 PM

White Racing Products "windshields"

Is Kurt White still around? He has 3K of mine on Mastercard for windshields and I haven't heard a thing for a long time? Is anyone else in this situation? Thanks

corvette1989bham 06-26-2007 10:59 PM

I talked to Kurt today as a matter of fact, I bought a few things from him, he was getting on a plane tonight (Tuesday) going to England to inspect the windshields before they ship, they are done and ready , but the shipping was so much if there was ANY problem with the glass there would be no way to return them, so he wanted to see them for himself before he had them shipped over here. Now old hot rodder send me my spare tire bag :)

xlr8nflorida 06-26-2007 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by old-hot-rodder (Post 1560841084)
Is Kurt White still around? He has 3K of mine on Mastercard for windshields and I haven't heard a thing for a long time? Is anyone else in this situation? Thanks

:eek: old-hot-rodder

Where you been? I've bought alot of stuff off ebay from ya.

Got anymore of those LT-5 motors?

corvette1989bham 06-26-2007 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by xlr8nflorida (Post 1560843412)
:eek: old-hot-rodder

Where you been? I've bought alot of stuff off ebay from ya.

Got anymore of those LT-5 motors?

You lookin' to buy a crate LT5 are ya?

xlr8nflorida 06-26-2007 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by corvette1989bham (Post 1560843489)
You lookin' to buy a crate LT5 are ya?

Nope the miniature pewter model LT-5 motors for $1,000 :lol:

corvette1989bham 06-26-2007 11:45 PM

I forgot about those...yes, they are cool!

turbo-max 09-22-2007 08:04 PM

i like how this guy comes on here bashing people, but has yet to ship stuff he apperently sold to others, and doesn't reply back on here.:ack:

Aurora40 09-23-2007 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by turbo-max (Post 1562019486)
i like how this guy comes on here bashing people, but has yet to ship stuff he apperently sold to others, and doesn't reply back on here.:ack:

I can see how sometimes people have complaints with Kurt. But who does he come on here to bash? It seems to me it's usually the other way 'round. :bigears

turbo-max 09-23-2007 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora40 (Post 1562024215)
I can see how sometimes people have complaints with Kurt. But who does he come on here to bash? It seems to me it's usually the other way 'round. :bigears

i was refering to the author of this thread :leaving:

rickyrj1 09-23-2007 11:44 AM

Just received my windsheild Thur. from FEDEX. Great job in boxing it up. Looks like he took a lot of time, effort,,and expense to make sure this thing was not damaged in shipping.:thumbs:

rickyrj1 09-23-2007 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrj1 (Post 1562025633)
Just received my windsheild Thur. from FEDEX. Great job in boxing it up. Looks like he took a lot of time, effort,,and expense to make sure this thing was not damaged in shipping.:thumbs:

Well guys looks like I spoke to soon. I just went to open the crate up and notice a small hole on the bottom of the crate. The particle board was splintered so I peeled it back and out fell a small peice of glass about 1/4 by 3/8 in size. I am not going to open the box and I am going to leave it in the same condition it arrived. Do I contact both Kurt and FedEx or just Kurt? I'm surprised because this thing looked well done.

cv67 09-23-2007 12:29 PM

Aww man....:( That is messed up!

Whats with these animals that work there! Used to be there was never issues with getting things shipped, now it doesnt seem to matter everything gets smahed to some degree .

Hope things work out. :cheers:

corvette1989bham 09-23-2007 12:32 PM

I understood that you have to INSPECT the glass BEFORE signing for it, I am going to pick mine up AT the FedEx warehouse and open it there in front of them. I hope they dont give you a hassle about yours!

turbo-max 09-23-2007 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette (Post 1562026047)
Aww man....:( That is messed up!

Whats with these animals that work there! Used to be there was never issues with getting things shipped, now it doesnt seem to matter everything gets smahed to some degree .

Hope things work out. :cheers:

it seems as though fed-ex and ups are having a contest to see who can damage the most products shipped with thier company...dumb dumbs :nono:

rickyrj1 09-23-2007 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by corvette1989bham (Post 1562026071)
I understood that you have to INSPECT the glass BEFORE signing for it, I am going to pick mine up AT the FedEx warehouse and open it there in front of them. I hope they dont give you a hassle about yours!

I didn't have the chance to inspect it. It was in my garage when I came home from work. I guess the nanny signed for it but I didn't see any paperwork. This thing is buttoned up pretty well. It has a lot of screws holding it together and most of the heads on them look to be pretty much stripped. I think it will take some time to take it apart carefully. I'm not going to touch it until I find out what to do. I'm sure Kurt and FedEx will work it out. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about. :cheers:

Goldcylon 09-23-2007 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrj1 (Post 1562031216)
I didn't have the chance to inspect it. It was in my garage when I came home from work. I guess the nanny signed for it but I didn't see any paperwork. This thing is buttoned up pretty well. It has a lot of screws holding it together and most of the heads on them look to be pretty much stripped. I think it will take some time to take it apart carefully. I'm not going to touch it until I find out what to do. I'm sure Kurt and FedEx will work it out. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about. :cheers:

Hopefully that piece of Glass is not from your windshield. Does it look like a typical safety glass pepple? I wonder if a screw pierced the windshield?

ET-VIPER 02-06-2008 02:29 PM

Has Anyone Had Problem Getting Resolution On There Broken Windsheilds?

VetBoyZR1 02-06-2008 04:30 PM

No problem here. The second one came via Hellmann Wordwide Logistcs rather than FedEx. The crate had feet installed to keep it upright. No damage with this new company.

hiperfman 02-06-2008 06:23 PM

Mine came 2 mo ago started with Hellman Logistics then to Days & Ross then to a local carrier. . Haven't had a chance to check glass but should be OK as there appears to be no damage to crate :thumbs:

ZR-71 02-06-2008 11:04 PM

Never mind a broken one, I haven't received nor heard anything about mine since around October. Anybody else not received theirs? :bigears