CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] I like the NSX, so I venture over there, and (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1744692-i-like-the-nsx-so-i-venture-over-there-and.html)

427Z0SX 06-28-2007 10:19 PM

I like the NSX, so I venture over there, and

discovered what "denial" really means. :lol: It's good entertainment! :thumbs:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90017

Foosh 06-28-2007 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rapid Transit (Post 1560878128)
discovered what "denial" really means. :lol: It's good entertainment! :thumbs:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90017

Yeah, a few funny posts and the usual people who had no clue about what they were spurting, but there were more than plenty with a grasp of actual facts and reality. It actually reminded me of here..........not different at all, or any other brand-specific internet forum.:)

Try owning and enjoying both a Lotus Elise, and C6 Z06, and going back and forth between those two places..........LOL.

JCZ33 06-28-2007 10:39 PM

Respect.

Zred06 06-28-2007 10:39 PM

I laughed my A$$ off! :lol: Can you believe that there are some over there that claim the C6Z is the best bang for the buck performance machine, yet they think it looks like an ordinary corvette? And then they say there is no way they would trade their NSX for one, and then they say that the C6Z depreciates from 80K to 30K in 3 years, too funny to say the least. it is like comedy central over there.

BLU-BY-U 06-28-2007 10:53 PM

:iagree:

c5z msrp 50, mostly had under sticker
c6z msrp 70+, many over

ya, they'll both be 30K after 3 years :rofl: :lol:

deviant1 06-28-2007 10:55 PM

nsx

the nsx is a $90k honda how can they compare that to a zo6:lol:

cargeek 06-28-2007 11:07 PM

sorry to say..NSX better engineering by a long, long ways..I love my Vette, but GM needs to hire some of those Japanese engineers at Honda and Acura.. ..than we would not be having this discussion..and I am American..Doug..:smash:

EVILNESS 06-28-2007 11:12 PM

88K and 300hp hahahaha yeah guys the nsx has to be the most overpriced piece of crap the japanese ever made. Beautiful but outdated and well long gone....

R.

JCZ33 06-28-2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by cargeek (Post 1560878807)
sorry to say..NSX better engineering by a long, long ways..I love my Vette, but GM needs to hire some of those Japanese engineers at Honda and Acura.. ..than we would not be having this discussion..and I am American..Doug..:smash:

Honda's people are not union workers; that would fix the BIG three. Honda workers take pride in what they do, cause if they don't do it right, they are fired, black listed. We americans have; well an entirely different system.

I am american too. :flag:

SINCITYC6 06-28-2007 11:15 PM

Those guy's can't be serious!!:rofl:

z06nut 06-28-2007 11:45 PM

When I run across those they never want to play. :lol:

BLU-BY-U 06-28-2007 11:58 PM

you've got to have a warm, fuzzy place to think about when you get stomped in every performance category imaginable.

heavychevy 06-29-2007 01:48 AM

300 hp :rofl:

The car is old so you have to give it the benefit of the doubt. And has held value very well...... and that's just about it, it's a sports car with very little sport to go with it. They were ahead of their time in the looks category but why are we comparing the car that looks like its fast to the car that looks like (and is) fast.

Live2Redline 06-29-2007 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by cargeek (Post 1560878807)

Yeah right...too funny..pull your head out..how can you justify 90K for a fancy Accord..get real. :rofl:

AlsZ06 06-29-2007 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Live2Redline (Post 1560880402)
Yeah right...too funny..pull your head out..how can you justify 90K for a fancy Accord..get real. :rofl:

Come on...calling a NSX a "fancy Accord" is like calling a Corvette a fancy Cobalt. Not all Hondas are Accords and not all Chevys are Cobalts.

trumper Z06 06-29-2007 12:10 PM

;) The Acura NSX was Great... back in 1989 as a 1990 model.

300 hp. back then was competitive !!!

It's target was Porsche and the NSX was a better car for ~ $ 60 K.

Time have passed it by...the new Porsche GT3 will blow it away.

:D Both Honda (acura) & Toyota (Lexus) have new Sports cars coming to market, both likely to be V-10's @ ~ 500 hp. They probably will be quite fast.

leaftye 06-29-2007 12:17 PM

Check out the front suspension on a NSX. I think it blows away the suspension on the Corvette. The NSX would be just fine if it had more power....like 500 OEM turbo horsepower that's cheap & easy to upgrade (good manifolds, capable processor, etc).

CFRA_7 06-29-2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1560878375)
Yeah, a few funny posts and the usual people who had no clue about what they were spurting, but there were more than plenty with a grasp of actual facts and reality. It actually reminded me of here..........not different at all, or any other brand-specific internet forum.:)

Try owning and enjoying both a Lotus Elise, and C6 Z06, and going back and forth between those two places..........LOL.

Well Said! I wish more were like you....

CFRA_7 06-29-2007 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by z06nut (Post 1560879303)
When I run across those they never want to play. :lol:

That's because unlike you they are not idiots. If you want to play, bring your car to the track. I know a lot of guys in "slower" cars that will bitch slap you. Care to play where and when it counts?

CFRA_7 06-29-2007 12:42 PM

The NSX is an excellent street car. It’s a weak track car. It handles (handling and traction are two different things) better than the Corvette of the same vintage and the reliability and feedback to the driver are far superior. It does have “optimum” street horse power as opposed to maximum HP. You also don’t pass yourself every day as you do in a Corvette. I bought my NSX 8 years ago for $27K at 70K miles and I’m selling it today at 171K miles for $19K. Let’s see a Z06 of the same vintage pull that one off.

So if I’m such a big NSX fan, why am I selling? I also race a Formula Mazda (much faster than a C6 Z06). I grow tired of spending $250 every time I push the start button. I also miss driving to the track, having fun and driving home. The race car is a lot of work. I would never consider the Z06 if I wanted a street only car. I don’t need 505 hp to go for a drive unless I’m on the track. If it was street only I would get a Boxster S, Cayman or another NSX. I’m a mid-engine car fan.

The one place the Z06 shines brighter than all others is at the track. That’s why I would buy a Z06. Please note that I’m not putting down the Z06. Everyone likes different cars for different reasons. If speed was your only concern, no one would have bought a C4 or C5 Corvette because the Viper was faster. Corvette wasn’t able to beat the Viper until 2006. Of course those people who bough C4s and C5s used other excuses besides performance to justify their decision. Now that the Corvette is on top, they use the max performance argument.

The Z06 is the best performance car in the world for the money. It just isn’t the best car in the world. No car is. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Everyone has things that are more important to them at different points in their life. Some are Corvette fans and will never drive anything else. Some are 911 fans for the same reason. I’ve driven just about every performance car under the sun and have my own list of favorites. Case in point. I would much rather have a Ferrari 360 than a Z06. I know it’s slower and, more expensive to operate but it’s sexy and feels and sounds like a Ferrari. Some cars I would rather drive even if they are slower. If I wanted only to go fast, I would keep my Formula Mazda. Don’t talk about going fast on the street or stop-light drag races. That’s stupid stuff. You may be a good driver but the person you line up with may loose control and kill people. You’ll also be at fault at that point. Don’t be an idiot!

How about this. Let’s respect all drivers for their choices. No car is best for everyone and no car is perfect. For reliability, feedback, cost to operate, exclusivity the NSX is superior. For performance (breaking, traction, acceleration) the Z06 is superior. I won’t argue looks because that is a personal opinion.