CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   how many road trips taken in the vette and how far (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1775859-how-many-road-trips-taken-in-the-vette-and-how-far.html)

olhausen 08-03-2007 07:46 PM

how many road trips taken in the vette and how far

Hi I bought my vette in may 07 it,s a lemans blue 07 coupe and IT is not a dd but it still has 3200ks on it and in december me and my girlfriend are driving from nashville tn to sandiego ca to vist family.we moved from there last july but anyway then after 5 days we are driving back and although I am looking more forward to driving the vett 4500ks round trip then seeing the family{jokeing sort of}I want to know if anyone else has driven or is going to go on a trip that puts the miles on like mine and where did you or where are you going in your vette.and the last thing I would like to know is for the ones that have gone on these long trips in the vette has anyone messed with your car seeing as it would most likely be outside every night as this does have me woried because my car always stays in the garage at home when not on the road:auto: :auto: :auto:

Doughan 08-03-2007 08:11 PM

Just two moderate trips in mine so far:

1. From Bowling Green, KY after NCM delivery (400 mile) trip.

2. Round trip to Marshall, TX to install clear bar (450 mile round trip).

BlackZ51Vett 08-03-2007 08:14 PM

Vail, Arizona to Las Vegas and back (450 miles?).;)

vetracn98 08-03-2007 08:16 PM

i took a good one in my c5. Germany to (ok i am gonna kill the spelling on alot of these so be nice) Neuschwenstien castle in southern germany, through austria, Lischtinstien (that took like 5 minutes LOL), in to sweden for a few days then back up to home. It was a week long trip and about 1500 beautiful miles!!!

johnodrake 08-03-2007 08:16 PM

From BG to NOVA when I picked it up at the Museum.
From NOVA to Chapel Hill and back for a football game
From NOVA to BG for the C5/C6 Bash
From BG to Ft Wayne to have DTE install 4.10s
From Ft Wayne to NOVA.

Looking forward to more....

UmCanesZ06 08-03-2007 08:24 PM

I took my 04 Z06, from Ft. Lauderdale to Massachusettes, 3 times,(3,000 miles round trip each time) and from there up to Maine. Ft lauderdale to New Orleans(1800 miles round trip), Pensacola,Fl to Conecticut,(2600 miles round trip and Pensacola to Ft. Colins,Colorado.(3200 miles round trip roughly) I am not sure, but I think it is HWY 70 that runs through Kansas into Colorado. That by far is the most boring stretch of road I have ever been on. 500 miles with no radio signal and no cell phone signal. And no scenery to speak of, just plains, and the occasional tumbleweed. Has anyone here ever driven that stretch?

vetteuphoria 08-03-2007 08:26 PM

My wife and I returned from a road trip just the other week. We drove from Central California to Minden, Nevada (20' from Lake Tahoe) to visit family, then off to Las Vegas for several days and then returned to Central California (Los Banos).

I must say that the C6 is the most comfortable vehicle we had ever taken on a road trip during our 18 years of marriage. It accomodated all our luggage, was extremely comfortable, we never became fatigued and never even had to get out to stretch (of course, we did get out for gas, food or a potty stop). Also, we got far greater gas mileage than I ever expected. It was a joy to drive. I even had the opportunity to finally appreciate the navi, which together, we figured out with not too much problem.

My only concern was possible rock chips and vandalism. Nothing happened except a couple of very tiny rock chips--undetectable to anyone but me: The front end is far tougher than the tender and perforated front end of my former 350Z. As far as vandalism, I checked on the car various times while it was parked out in public lots at the various places we visited. Nothing negative ever happened, but it sure drew people as they passed by. On one occassion I snuck out to peek from a distance and saw two boys (one teen and possibly his pre-teen brother) walk up to it, circle around it while talking and pointing with excitement. After they finally walked away and before I had the chance to leave, I saw two more teens walk up to it and do almost the same thing. I don't know if that was just a coincidence or if it drew similar attention throughout my stay. It's kind of scary--yet satisfying--to witness. The adults simply paused a moment and then continued on their way.

The longer road trips actually increase my ownership experience of the car all the more. It's a huge pleasure to own and drive. On another thread, I posted how we made another trip into Nevada last week: I got 8 waves from 8 vettes:thumbs: The vette fellowship is a wonderful bonus. Aready I use the vette as a daily driver and even grocery getter, but I would jump to take it on long overnight trips. It's difficult to get me out of this car :thumbs: I've owned nearly 20 cars in my lifetime and seen them come and go. As my wife reminds me, if anything ever happens to this one, it won't be my last :cool:

WMark 08-03-2007 08:42 PM

None in the C6, yet, but out of the 45k miles I put on my 02 C5, seventy-five percent were long road trips...

Scottsdale-LA-up 1/101 to Portland back thru Salt Lake City-North Rim of Grand Canyon-home (Did that one twice!)

Scottsdale-Chicago-Quad Cities up the Mississippi (Great River Drive?)-Minneapolis-back to western Illinois-on to Rapid City/Sturgis-through CO-Moab, UT-home (that was a long one!)

And others. Looking forward to my first C6 road trip

Lots of nights in motel rooms. Some in the middle of no-where. Never any problems. I would usually look for a wand wash in the small towns. Locals were always friendly and wanted to talk about the Corvette.

Surprisingly, few rock chips. Did get a nice window chip in Monument Valley.

Enjoy the ride, you will have a blast! :cheers:

pewter99 08-03-2007 08:44 PM

last year roundtrip Clearwater Fl to Memhis TN for St Judes

this year went to Bowling Green and back for Cruise In

to date almost 19K on it...had it 1 yr and 2 weeks :steering:

eagles6998 08-03-2007 08:46 PM

None for me yet. Just not enough time!

UmCanesZ06 08-03-2007 09:04 PM

I wonder if this thread is making the guys who drive their Vettes 300 miles a year, hyperventilate.

bradc6 08-03-2007 09:10 PM

Picked mine up March 9th from Rick at Les Stanford in Michigan. Drove it to Bowling Green that night and then home to Pensacola the next day, 1000 miles total.

Have driven it from Pensacola to Tampa three times since then, around 930 miles round trip. Planning to drive it to Tampa again this month.

5400+ miles in 5 months.:steering:

pewter99 08-03-2007 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by UmCanesZ06 (Post 1561350469)
I wonder if this thread is making the guys who drive their Vettes 300 miles a year, hyperventilate.

:willy: :willy: :willy: :lol:

bradc6 08-03-2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by UmCanesZ06 (Post 1561350469)

We could talk about all the rain we've driven in and send them over the edge. :rofl:

UmCanesZ06 08-03-2007 09:23 PM

Brad, I see that you are in Pensacola. I am in Pcola also. And my car has been outside all this week in the torential rain we have had everyday except for today. And surprise surprise it didnt melt.:thumbs:

WMark 08-03-2007 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by bradc6 (Post 1561350587)
We could talk about all the rain we've driven in and send them over the edge. :rofl:

:lol: :lol:

I knew a guy who freaked out when an Arizona monsoon storm hit during a car show. First dust, and then a little rain. He went home... The rest of us went to a bar.

gsport 08-03-2007 10:37 PM

my two longest trips were from california to kentucky and back in the 99 and 03 caravans.. obviously not in a C6.. 99, in a 96 grandsport, 03, in a 50th anniversary convertible.. both trips we came back via route 66 and had a great time.. we put on i believe around 6000 miles total on each trip with no problems at all about leaving the cars out at night.. all i can say is "just do it" you'll love it.. jim

bchenier535 08-03-2007 11:04 PM

I've gone from Waukegan, IL. to Lake Charles, LA.which is a 3000 mile round trip. I've made this trip 3 times so far. 30000 miles on car to date. No one has ever messed with it and I found out it doesn't melt when it rains.

need-for-speed 08-03-2007 11:14 PM

Drove to 3 cruise ins in my C5 from the Houston area - 1,800 miles round trip. Car was very comfortable.

Vet 08-03-2007 11:40 PM

Just got back from a 1,325 mile trip through Vermont today (pics):
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1775959

Last year ran a 6,666 mile trip out through Wyoming, Montana and Alberta (pics):
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1449516

Earlier this year ran a two day 825 mile trip through upstate New York (pics):
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1728243

I desired a great handling super fast ultra comfortable reliable economical vehicle for the purpose of taking thrilling spirited long distance trips around the country :flag:... so I bought a C6. Perhaps the ultimate car for the purpose.

:cheers: