CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   I can't believe my luck! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/187652-i-cant-believe-my-luck.html)

Terrys69coupe 11-22-2001 10:04 AM

I can't believe my luck!

Took this week off to burn some vacation time .So i decided I'd put a body lift on my ZR2 pickup (they said it could'nt be done) Anyway I needed some new steering linkage (bad angles) so called borgeson who sent me to IDIDIT in Tecumseh MI. While we where setting up my parts ,I noticed they made custom tilt\tele steering columns for street rods and most anything I mentioned i would be interested in one for my 68 vert in the near future .The next thing i know they want to use my car for a prototype to build one.So still needing paint and interior work.I said hell yes.I'll have it their tommorrow.And yes i get one of choosing for free!!! This is like winning the lottery nothing like this ever happens to me.Just had to share with people who could appreciate it.The wife was like thats nice dear.Thanks for listening and have a happy thanksgiving.And if your lookin for a tilt wheel for your car call Ididit at 517 424 0577 or http://www.ididitinc.com. :cheers:

69bblock3x2 11-22-2001 10:17 AM

Re: I can't believe my luck! (Terrys69coupe)

That's cool :cool:

I guess that's what they mean by being at the right place at the right time.

John

78Vette-SA 11-22-2001 10:57 AM

Congrats!

Curious why Borgeson sent you to IDIDIT though. I'm using Borgeson on a street rod I'm building. The stuff I ordered fit perfectly. IDIDIT (and Flaming River and BillettSpecialites) make some great looking column and column drops. I've seen them in other Vettes and they look great.

EclecticGroove 11-22-2001 12:41 PM

Cool, what do the custom columns look like?

And what advantages did you get from them?

I was actually wondering about installing a new column in mine as well (I'm a tall guy and could use a couple extra inches!).

EG

Chris Fowler 11-22-2001 01:10 PM

Man...I was reading that all wrong to start with.

First I thought it was going to be a story of a wreck (bad luck).

Then I read "IDIDIT" as "IDIOT" and thought someone was gonna screw up bad with the steering stuff.

Finally it turns out to be a really cool story. Congrats! :cheers:

Eddie 70 11-22-2001 01:24 PM

Re: I can't believe my luck! (Chris Fowler '80)

Some people have all the luck. I have been wanting to do this but just haven`t wanted to come off the hip with the cash. Only I have been looking at the used market for a tilt/tele unit. Maybe later.

A C 11-22-2001 01:28 PM

If they make one that fits, at a reasonable cost, I will be one of the first guys on their list for a tilt/tele. :cool:

AC

Terrys69coupe 11-22-2001 01:53 PM

Re: I can't believe my luck! (78Vette-SA)

borgenson sent me to Ididit because they are a dealer and had everything i wanted in stock .Plus being the holiday week their was no promise that they could get it to me by friday .So it worked out pretty good . :cool:

Terrys69coupe 11-22-2001 02:01 PM

Re: I can't believe my luck! (EclecticGroove)

The way they put it to me was it would be similar in design to stock but you could'nt get tilt in 68 or tele in 69 (now don't razz because i'm not positive)But you can get them chrome or polished alum or stainless and the prices ranged from 350 to about 750. might want to check their web site .I picked up a catalog while i was their. My nieghbor is planing on buying one for his fifty seven chevy.Oh they even said you could get a column shift for your vette.? I told him i would'nt plan on selling to many of those ,but you never know. Will post pics when i get it back might be a couple of months though.