CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/188300-need-someone-in-or-near-atlanta-to-turn-off-egr-in-prom-for-ses-light.html)

MDC9966 11-23-2001 06:21 PM

Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light

I've struggled and with the dreaded code 32 long enough. I've got the ecm out of the car. Does anyone in or near atlanta no how to turn off the egr portion of the prom so I don't get the ses light. I'll drive and meet you and pay a fair agreed upon price. I'd like to do it this weekend if any takers.
Thanks,
post your reply or email me.

MDC9966 11-23-2001 06:26 PM

Re: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (Curtis629)

sorry, forgot to mention, my car is an 86, L98, w/Al head.

Rich B. 11-23-2001 06:46 PM

Re: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (Curtis629)

I wish I could help you out - I have the newer AARL0122 BIN for the '86 L98 alum head 4+3 (replaced the AMJ0499 BIN), and I can see the EGR diagnostics (Err 32) switch in TunerCat (although I've never disabled one)...

...And I burn chips for my '86...

...But it's a long drive from Buffalo... :(

...Sorry!...

MDC9966 11-23-2001 09:11 PM

Re: Need someone in or near Atlanta to turn off egr in prom for SES light (Rich B.)

I don't have an extra chip but would be willing to buy one.

Rich B. 11-23-2001 09:31 PM

I don't have an extra chip but would be willing to buy one.
Then your best bet would be to buy the latest MemCal from 18carfan; try that one out, use it for your spare; send the old one out to be re-programmed; then try it. Give 18carfan the code that's on the long black chip under the blue protective snap-on cover on the memCal. There are 18 separate MemCals/EPROMs for the '86; some manual trans, some auto; some for different rear axle ratios.

The MemCal was ~$34 earlier this year, from 18carfan. The EPROM can be burned on the MemCal.

If I was you, I'd page Marcho Polo and see what he can do for you. I don't think there's anyone here with more experience than he.

My car is a manual trans; I don't have any experience with Vette auto EPROM mods. :nonod:

[Modified by Rich B., 8:41 PM 11/23/2001]

MDC9966 11-25-2001 07:27 PM

I think I may have figured out the problem today. A bad "new" egr temp switch. I measured volts at C15 while I drove the car. The volts never dropped. When I got home I left the key on and grounded the switch and volts went to zero. According to the trouble shoot it means a bad switch. I just replaced it but who knows. I've got another one on the way.