CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Got my Power Effects exhaust today! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/188791-got-my-power-effects-exhaust-today.html)

Crushinator 11-24-2001 08:50 PM

Got my Power Effects exhaust today!

I'm just about as excited as the day I bought my Vette. I do still have the car listed for sale, but I couldn't pass on an almost new PE system for $600. The resonator was taken off by the Corvette Doctor (I think that's the name) and in it's place they welded an x pipe. I can't wait to hear this puppy when I'm done. The guy I bought the PE from (LT4EVER) said his LT4 went from a 13.3 to 12.9 with just the addition of the exhaust! I've read a few magazine articles from Vette and Corvette Fever and they also gained up to 4 tenths and 4 mph with just the PE. Hopefully I'll be able to see those types of gains! Maybe, just maybe, I'll keep the car a little while longer. ;)

Guys with the Power Effexts, how do you like them?

TSLAVette 11-24-2001 09:05 PM

Re: Got my Power Effects exhaust today! (Nat96LT4)

I'm confused??? Thought you were selling the car??? :confused:

Phil-tha-Rush 11-24-2001 09:52 PM

install the system for the looks, and the sound.
Dont expect any performance gains, as the state of "tune" is a key.

I do believe you will be pleasantly surprised, with improved throttle response and seat of the pants feel.

I can not verify any gains on mine, but it IS the best system available. (you can ow vote in exhaust poles..lol)

You got a HE!! of a deal!

Should be an awesomm sound with resonator removed.

Did he say why he was selling?

Zrxmax 11-24-2001 11:37 PM

I put mine on a while ago... looks good, sounds good, and feels good... what else can I say ? For $400 plus my stock system... it is a winner !
Ted
90 ZR-1 # 334
Sun City, CA

Crushinator 11-25-2001 05:51 AM

Re: Got my Power Effects exhaust today! (Phil-tha-Rush)

Did he say why he was selling?
He sold his LT4 at the beginning of the year. He said he had the exhaust for sale here during the summer with no takers. I must've missed it.

Crushinator 11-25-2001 05:54 AM

Re: Got my Power Effects exhaust today! (Greenwnv)

I'm confused??? Thought you were selling the car??? :confused:
It is still for sale. But like I mentioned before, I couldn't pass on a Power Effects exhaust for only $600. Besides, that may help in selling the car. And if it doesn't, maybe I won't care if it doesn't sell.

RichS 11-25-2001 09:14 AM

I seen you trying to buy it in the parts area and was thinking " I thought I changed my mind alot :D" Maybe this will make you keep the car. Do you put it away for the winter? Mines up now till March. Near the end of the season I get tired of cleaning the car but in the spring I can't wait to drive it and fall in love with the car all over again. You know if you sold it you would regret it :D :cheers: (unless you got that GS your looking for)

[Modified by RichS, 8:14 AM 11/25/2001]