CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   In-dash 6 CD Changer? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1897118-in-dash-6-cd-changer.html)

CSIXVET 12-26-2007 04:37 PM

In-dash 6 CD Changer?

New C6 owner here.

My car is an 06 Coupe with LT3 option level.

I have read references to an in-dash 6 CD changer in various places.

I cannot find any info on this in the owner manual or Nav manual.

Does the in-dash 6 CD exist?

Thanks for a reply (tried searches, no luck)

RushThruLife 12-26-2007 04:43 PM

If you have NAV. no it dosen`t. CD goes into the slot right above the DVD for the nav. Changer can be added to the rear of the car.

Neil Baker 12-26-2007 04:46 PM

6 disk cd

Yes, there is a section in the owners manual about loading your six disk changer, it's in the dash and it's easy. push the button that looks like a stack of cd's, it will say wait, then install disk 1, then install disk 2 etc.

Believe me, if I could do it yesterday, you can, check the book. Also, have you played the DVD that came with the car, it's good.
Neil :flag:

ketchup 12-26-2007 04:47 PM

Do you have the navigation option?

If you do, you do not have the 6 CD Changer. You will only have a single CD changer.

HawaiiC6 12-26-2007 04:48 PM

If you don't have the factory NAV. system then you should have the in dash 6 cd changer. Get a CD, press load and it will tell you that the CD was placed into position 1 and so forth. At which time you may load up your 6 CDs.

talon90 12-26-2007 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Corvette comes with a choice of three audio head units.

One with an in dash single CD player.

One with an in dash 6 CD player

One with an in dash DVD based GPS Navigation touch screen and a single in dash CD player located behind the navigation screen.

If you order the 3LT by default you get the 6 disc changer unless you order navigation, in which case the navigation unit deletes the 6 disc changer stock radio.

The six disc changer only has one CD slot on the face but it indexes the CD's as you load them and allows for a total of 6 CD's to be inserted via the one slot on the face.

If you have an owners manual the audio section on the various radios starts on page 3-79. The section on loading the in dash 6 CD changer starts on page 3-89.

The single CD and 6 CD head unit look like this:

Attachment 48178613

The Nav radio looks like this:

Attachment 48178614

Vette_DD 12-26-2007 06:39 PM

The owner's manuals are all the same for a given year. It doesn't matter whether you have the Nav, 6-CD player, or 1 CD player, the owner's manual is the same. However, you should get a separate manual for the Nav if you have one.

CSIXVET 12-27-2007 11:18 AM

Thanks!

I have Nav, so I have the single CD player.

Thanks for the replys. :D

Basswipe 06-09-2015 09:27 AM

Well dang

I just made 5 more CDs for my 6 changer that I don't have. But I guess I won't get lost. :rock: