CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Bosch Wiper Blades? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/1918544-bosch-wiper-blades.html)

OGC5 01-20-2008 08:46 AM

Bosch Wiper Blades?

I know some of our CF members don't drive in the Rain but my C5-Y2K is my DD here in Florida.I am not saving it for the wife's new husband anyway.:lol: Heat ruins every wiper blade I have tried and I change about twice per year. Many are made in China:ack: Just stuck on some new Bosch Excel + wipers. Any other recommendations?
OGC5:D

madmatt9471 01-20-2008 08:51 AM

I jsut get the ones on sale because I live in the desert and they get beat real quick!

I have kept a set in the garage before just in case!

I do try to get the ones that are qaulity even when they are on sale!

Thanks,Matt

cletus 01-20-2008 09:29 AM

I just put a set of Trico Neoform on mine. They say they'll last twice as long as regular ones and they look vey cool. Got them for $19 each at local parts store, which is pricey, but...
http://www.shop.com/Trico_NeoForm_Wi...p!.shtml?trk=1

jraschke11 01-20-2008 09:38 AM

Those Bosch blades are pretty nice. I have them on my Vette (in North Carolina) for over 6 months now and they show no signs at all of slowing down, and I keep my car outside.

I have had a set on my truck of the Michelin blades that are like $17 each on my truck for almost a year and they are the best wipers I have ever used, I am not sure where to find them anymore though cuz walmart and autozone around here stopped carrying them.

Fastbird 01-20-2008 09:48 AM

Not that I drive in the rain unless by accident, but I have Bosch Icon blades on my car. LIGHT YEARS ahead of the old designed blades. I don't care if they were Excel's or some other brand, I'd always get lifting spots even on brand new blades. These Icon blades have a new design that eleminates this. They're pricey, but FYI autozone has a rebate where you buy 1 get 1 free right now (they're ~$20 each).

itzza427 01-20-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jraschke11 (Post 1563710582)
Those Bosch blades are pretty nice. I have them on my Vette (in North Carolina) for over 6 months now and they show no signs at all of slowing down, and I keep my car outside.

I have had a set on my truck of the Michelin blades that are like $17 each on my truck for almost a year and they are the best wipers I have ever used, I am not sure where to find them anymore though cuz walmart and autozone around here stopped carrying them.

stopped carrying them because they last too long,want you back buying more!!I'm going too follow this thread because I'm gonna need blades soon. Just bought my 2k frc yesterday,and the blades are hard as a rock,and I want to get good ones.Even in the midwest regular replacements don't last all that long.:cheers:

RocketDawg 01-22-2008 08:30 PM

I bought some Michelin blades for my truck a couple of years ago and they're still going strong. They're quiet and wipe well. And my truck sits outside, winter and summer. Got them at Wal Mart for about $6 each as I recall.

emquad46 01-22-2008 08:52 PM

The Bosch blades seem to be the best around. A little pricey but I think they are made in Belgium.

TOMMYTRB 01-22-2008 08:53 PM

I tried and love the new Michelin blades on my 04 C5. My Acada GMC came from the factory with them. My C6 Z06 has a little wing on the driver side wiper, but I will try the Michelin on it when the blades need changing.
TRB

vetter79 01-22-2008 09:00 PM

I use the Bosch Exel and haven't had any probs!!:cheers:

BigEbusa 01-22-2008 10:51 PM

Bosch Icons here. At $22 a blade well worth the investment.

jrose7004 01-22-2008 11:57 PM

I have Bosch blades on a BMW and I think they work great.

KC-Vette 01-23-2008 12:54 AM

AC-Delco has a new(new I think) wiper out called a "beam" wiper. Comes with the whole arm and new connector fitting. Just was shown them last week.....just don't know how good they may be. Hope this helps, I will be looking to purchase some for my DD. :thumbs:

C5R USA 01-23-2008 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Fastbird93 (Post 1563710657)
Not that I drive in the rain unless by accident, but I have Bosch Icon blades on my car. LIGHT YEARS ahead of the old designed blades. I don't care if they were Excel's or some other brand, I'd always get lifting spots even on brand new blades. These Icon blades have a new design that eleminates this. They're pricey, but FYI autozone has a rebate where you buy 1 get 1 free right now (they're ~$20 each).

Cool,I know where I'm going Saturday.:thumbs: :cheers: