CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] **Dropped off my 2007 Z06 at Quality Motorsports Today!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/1945014-dropped-off-my-2007-z06-at-quality-motorsports-today.html)

TTU 02-18-2008 10:13 PM

**Dropped off my 2007 Z06 at Quality Motorsports Today!!

Well, I bit the bullet and dropped off my Z today with Patrick and Luke at QM. I am supposed to pick up the beast this Friday (can't wait)! To say the least, these guys are top notch! Not one time did they behave an an inappropriate manner over the phone, listening to my one million questions I had for them regarding their 600 series cam package.

The guys have a pretty cool setup there. Patrick phone-guided me into his locale, since I was coming in from out of town. Hell, they even offered me lunch when I arrive today.:cheers:

I probably hung out there for about an hour before Patrick drove me back to the DFW airport. In that hour, I had the opportunity to drive in a 600 series Z06. Man, oh man is the ride nice, sweet and choppy as hell.:cool: Music to my ears, and loaded with power and torque:thumbs:

Patrick explained to me the whole process and asked me what my goals were with the Z.

I'm very impressed with these guys, and it's obvious to me that they don't need to prove themselves to anybody.

I have the utmost respect for all companies out there making their best effort to better the LS series engines and maintain utmost quality and workmanship (katech, LG, 21CMC...and of course QM:cheers: ).

Good job Patrick, Luke, & Carlos :thumbs:

See you guys this Friday!!!!!

ZLittleRedVette 02-18-2008 11:44 PM

:thumbs: Way to go! Heck you should have said something. I was @ Patrick's shop Saturday morning. If you had taken it up on Sunday I could have given you a ride back to Snyder (ha!ha!) - I mean Lubbock. :D I had Patrick do the intake & tb a few weeks back and you are right! They are a "Class Act" as far as I am concerned. Hey, maybe when you get her back we can meet up & you can give me a ride....:lol: No, not until I am ready to "Pull the Trigger"! :rofl: :cheers:

600hp 02-19-2008 06:21 AM

congrats :thumbs:

his grace 02-19-2008 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by TTU (Post 1564159923)
Well, I bit the bullet and dropped off my Z today with Patrick and Luke at QM. I am supposed to pick up the beast this Friday (can't wait)! To say the least, these guys are top notch! Not one time did they behave an an inappropriate manner over the phone, listening to my one million questions I had for them regarding their 600 series cam package.

The guys have a pretty cool setup there. Patrick phone-guided me into his locale, since I was coming in from out of town. Hell, they even offered me lunch when I arrive today.:cheers:

I probably hung out there for about an hour before Patrick drove me back to the DFW airport. In that hour, I had the opportunity to drive in a 600 series Z06. Man, oh man is the ride nice, sweet and choppy as hell.:cool: Music to my ears, and loaded with power and torque:thumbs:

Patrick explained to me the whole process and asked me what my goals were with the Z.

I'm very impressed with these guys, and it's obvious to me that they don't need to prove themselves to anybody.

I have the utmost respect for all companies out there making their best effort to better the LS series engines and maintain utmost quality and workmanship (katech, LG, 21CMC...and of course QM:cheers: ).

Good job Patrick, Luke, & Carlos :thumbs:

See you guys this Friday!!!!!

Hey, I am curious where is Patrick located? I just recently purchased an 06 Z06 and was going to have some work done at Texas Speed in Lubbock (just moved back to Midland). Do you suggest going to Patrick? if so, where is he located?

QUIKAG 02-19-2008 10:09 AM

Can't wait for Patrick to get my AR headers in, so I can have him do an intake, header, exhaust, and tune on my '08 C6. My stock C6 is too quiet! :D

FSTFRC 02-19-2008 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by his grace (Post 1564163054)
Hey, I am curious where is Patrick located? I just recently purchased an 06 Z06 and was going to have some work done at Texas Speed in Lubbock (just moved back to Midland). Do you suggest going to Patrick? if so, where is he located?

They are located in Lewisville off of hwy 121. Here is there web site:

http://www.vette-air.com/

James E. 02-19-2008 11:02 AM

I highly recommend Patrick & Luke at QM. 110% customer satisfaction:thumbs:

BLU-BY-U 02-19-2008 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG (Post 1564164664)
Can't wait for Patrick to get my AR headers in, so I can have him do an intake, header, exhaust, and tune on my '08 C6. My stock C6 is too quiet! :D

Awesome news, Quikag. I read your post in the c6 forum and I think you're making a great move. Patrick will do a fine job. Let us know how it turns out! :thumbs:

427Z 02-19-2008 02:54 PM

let us know what she puts down :thumbs:

805Z06 02-19-2008 05:14 PM

Finally getting there huh :D

WFO 02-19-2008 06:07 PM

Got mine going in this Friday for an over nighter, to install Kooks headers, Haltech Killer Bee/CAI, a PCM tune and an oil change. Can't wait.

TTU 02-19-2008 07:57 PM

I would definitely seek out Patrick and the gang at QM:

www.vette-air.com

They will answer all of your questions and concerns. It's about a 5 hour drive for me from Lubbock (7 for you). The thing about places like QM that out beat other outfits (in my opinion) is that they know the cam that they install very well. Patrick told me that they work on two Z06's per week, to allow time for trouble shooting and the like. If your upgrade does not involve having to tap into the engine (i.e., cam upgrade), then it probably will be fine going somewhere else that is closer (for headers, intake...).

I could have had all of my work done locally, but the way I see it, is if I am paying $80,000 for a Z06, taking it to a shop that has dealt with the ups and downs of a cam, and who knows how to tune it properly is worth the wait and time. I've realized that anyone can install a cam/spring kit, but it's all in the tune. :thumbs:

I have driven vettes, camaros, and mustangs that have had aggressive cams installed locally here in Lubbock, and their cars ride nothing like the one Luke let me ride in at QM. :cool:

I know you guys are not going to believe me, but the Z I rode in at QM was already nice and warm (engine temp at 180), and Luke took me for a spin (WOT, cruising, 4th, 5th gear at 1500 RPM), and I didn't notice any significant bucking or surging. One thing I did notice was that it was way the hell faster and pulled so hard!!!!!!:eek:

I'll be picking up my Z this Friday after all the work is done on it (QM 600 package, ported intake, TB, headers, K&N intake). Feel free to PM me your contact info, and I'll be glad to talk to you about your Z, and maybe we can even meet up so you can check out the ride.:flag:

Higgs Boson 02-19-2008 09:10 PM

Did you see my red C5Z there? Is the motor in it yet?:D :ack: :willy:

RossN 02-19-2008 09:33 PM

Congrat's!

Patrick, Carlos, and their Crew work wonders. :thumbs:

Hope the next 3 days haul ass for ya. :cheers:

TTU 02-21-2008 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson (Post 1564174919)

I saw it. I'm sure the motors in by now!!!!!:cheers:

TTU 02-21-2008 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by RossN (Post 1564175429)
Congrat's!

Patrick, Carlos, and their Crew work wonders. :thumbs:

Hope the next 3 days haul ass for ya. :cheers:

:thumbs:

don99vette 02-22-2008 02:46 PM

TTU, did you see my black 07 there? I dropped it off Sat for a QM600 upgrade. It had the black I-Forged wheels

QUIKAG 02-22-2008 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by don99vette (Post 1564218960)
TTU, did you see my black 07 there? I dropped it off Sat for a QM600 upgrade. It had the black I-Forged wheels

Don, I'm at Quality Motorsports right now and your black 07 is being used as a demonstration car. We're doing pulls up and down the street. I'm going to upload video of some big burnouts we're doing in the parking lot. Sucks for your tires.

Just kidding, completely! :D :D :D Your black Z has been sitting outside glowing in the beautiful sunshine since I got here. She's a beauty! They are putting intake, headers, and exhaust on my '08 Coupe now and I'm chilling in their office right now.

TTU (George), it was nice meeting you! Your car sounded incredible. Enjoy the drive back to Lubbock (like enjoying it will be hard!) :cheers:

Corey

Myhardtop 02-22-2008 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson (Post 1564174919)

Yeah, com' get it out you hippie:lol:

Carlos...the new grateful dead lover:crazy:

Myhardtop 02-22-2008 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by don99vette (Post 1564218960)

Yours is going on the dyno tonight!

Thanks,
Carlos:thumbs: