CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   Vacuum Line Kits (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/1957361-vacuum-line-kits.html)

foooz 03-03-2008 10:54 AM

Vacuum Line Kits

I am planning to replace all the vacuum lines on my 75 w/ac. I see there are kits available at Ecklers. Has anyone tried one of these (or other vendor) kits? Do all the plastic fitting come with the kit as well?
scott
:cheers:

PETKAH 03-03-2008 11:25 AM

Look at Dr Rebuild's site on the web - he has diagrams/details of what's
in each kit. and instructions. Note that there are kits for engine compartment, then under dash/etc. Just a thought - only replace one line at a time so you make sure to get right connection. The engine compartment looks really clean/detailed when they are installed.
PS- pay $4 for the Dr Rebuild catalog - it's a great reference for all types of parts.

bene 03-03-2008 11:38 AM

I used Doc's Rebuild kit on my 71. Everything fit perfectly. They were quality and color coded along with the diagrams.

A72COUPEDT 03-03-2008 12:19 PM

The Doc's the way to go....

:iagree:

Go see the Doctor...he's got it right!

The advice on the catalog is another good

idea. :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK! :cheers:

markdtn 03-03-2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bene (Post 1564368959)
I used Doc's Rebuild kit on my 71. Everything fit perfectly. They were quality and color coded along with the diagrams.

:iagree: Everything I needed was there.

stingr69 03-03-2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by foooz (Post 1564368388)
I am planning to replace all the vacuum lines on my 75 w/ac. I see there are kits available at Ecklers. Has anyone tried one of these (or other vendor) kits? Do all the plastic fitting come with the kit as well?
scott
:cheers:

I bought some kits from the Doc and they are very good. I do not think he has them with the integral moulded ends. I think you will get a bag of loose individual color coded lines and a routing diagram with them.

-Mark.

stock76 03-03-2008 02:36 PM

Got mine from Doc Rebuild too. Had the original GM color coded stripes on the vacuum lines, and all necessary replacement tees and elbows, etc. :thumbs:

Sayfoo 03-03-2008 10:26 PM

I bought a kit from Zip about 5 yrs ago. The best I can say is that it is a functional replacement. The hoses are a larger outside diameter than the origional hoses. Not NCRS quality for sure. Also, their routing diagram showed a incorrect connection at the head light switch. This had evidently been known for a number of years, but was not changed till about a year ago. This caused me a lot of grief, because the system did mostly work, but not really correctly. When this was discussed on the forum about a year ago, Zip appoliged and promised to update their drawings. Sounds like the Dr has a good kit.

yel76low 03-04-2008 10:35 AM

So speaking of Doc. Rebuild's kits... where does the small port of the 'B' tee go to? I'm in the middle of changing my vacuum lines, and the lines that are on my car are massively screwed up... as in not even close to what they should have been.