CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/in-loving-memory-of-lost-corvetteforum-brothers-and-sisters-146/)
-   -   Please read (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/in-loving-memory-of-lost-corvetteforum-brothers-and-sisters/1968185-please-read.html)

savewave 03-14-2008 10:01 PM

Please read

When Corvetteforum.com was established in early 1999, it was a place on the Internet where Corvette owners and enthusiasts could exchange information on their common interest in America’s sports car.

It continues to be that and more. Through interaction online and in person at Forum Cruise-Ins in Bowling Green, KY, and other events across North America and around the world, we have become a community – make that a close-knit family.

When we lose a Corvetteforum family member to death, we mourn the loss just as would any family. Threads are posted mourning our losses, remembering the friendships we enjoyed and touching our hearts.

Fellow Forum member “Vasta” (Mike) suggested we formalize the practice with a section devoted to memorials for Corvetteforum members we’ve lost to death:

“My proposal is for a separate Memorial Section dedicated to our fallen brothers and sisters in the Forum. With a thread started for each member who passes away. Either the spouse could start it or maybe a close friend could say a small Eulogy and other members could post in with remembrances and pictures from past events and cruises.”

This section exists now as a result of Mike’s suggestion and our need to remember Corvetteforum friends we have lost to illness and accidents.

Some that come immediately to mind are Frank Genova (Another Yellow), Chuck McConnell (Feingr8), Ken King of VetteEssentials, Michael Holt (welladjusted), Michael Anthony (HOGS) and John R Fleming Jr. (Jack78). There are others, of course, that you will want to remember in this section with a thread to honor their memory. It is inevitable, of course, that there will be others among us now who we'l want to remember in this section, too, in the future.

Please be respectful in your posting in this section.

Gray Fox 03-14-2008 10:54 PM

I hope this will be a great place where we can share our memories with those we have lost.

RIP Michael
:blueangel:

my_blue_c5 03-15-2008 12:32 AM

RIP to all those who have passed on, their spirit will always be here with us, and in our cars.

R.I.P KK:blueangel:

Silverbullet00 03-15-2008 12:47 AM

While sitting next to SGT Simmons outside of Love Field in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I heard, FIRST HAND, a phone call he took from a family member telling him his Dad's brother had passed away!

Let that sink in for a second,

Sgt Simmons was only where he was because he was on emergency leave from Iraq,,,,,,to come home to attend his FATHER'S Funeral.

Let THAT sink in........

The SGT is the 7th member of his family to serve our nation under the banner of the 45th - Thunderbird, once a Division, now a Brigade.

Don't know if any of his family ever owned a Corvette,,,,,,but they Damn well made sure WE COULD!:flag:

MY 95 03-15-2008 03:13 AM

great idea.......thanks:blueangel:

Kerry G 03-15-2008 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by MY 95 (Post 1564554408)

:iagree: :blueangel:

AC54ME 03-15-2008 10:14 AM

:thumbs:

R.I.B.S. 03-15-2008 10:57 AM

A very nice idea !!!!!!

ZexZo6 03-15-2008 11:35 AM

:iagree:

This is a wonderful Idea!:flag:

ZR-71 03-15-2008 12:58 PM

:iagree: :blueangel:

1%r 03-15-2008 01:37 PM

To all of our bothers, sisters and familys of fallen ones, may you RIP.

You will never be forgotten.

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

Neatnic 03-15-2008 05:20 PM

Thanks Grey Fox!

Originally Posted by Gray Fox (Post 1564552208)
I hope this will be a great place where we can share our memories with those we have lost.

RIP Michael
:blueangel:

--
First, Mary thanks for letting me know about this thread!
--
I love our forum!! Before buying my vette I looked at SEVERAL other cars. When it came down to it. The corvette people made the difference along with American Muscle.
--
Welladjusted took me for a ride in his 2001 yellow vert way back when. I was hooked! I asked Mike if he minded if I bought the same color. Of course Mike did not.
Mike was a great guy, great friend, great co-worker! To this day I do not know how he stayed single so long. Of course Abby was always his best friend!
--
I have met Mike's parents, family and other friends and it does not surprise me at all why he was such a great guy!
--
Not a cleaning/polishing of my 2004 MY vette goes by with out my thought of Mike and how much I wish he was still here!
--
I have attached a pic of Mike and Abby at Cruise In a few years back....who I still consider my good friends ALWAYS !!
--
Mikey!! I miss you buddy!! Of course Mike, you also introduced me to "Capt'n Morgan", not sure it that is a good thing or not!!! HA HA
--
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...4_111_full.jpg
--
Neatnic, Blondie, Brad, Surfer Dude!

FFIN90 03-16-2008 12:40 PM

Excellent suggestion:thumbs:
And R.I.P. to all those who have gone before us.:blueangel:

floridaZ 03-16-2008 03:04 PM

Hmm... well, here's one section I wouldn't mind seeing empty.

Vasta 03-16-2008 11:17 PM

Thank You, it was and honor to do it, and I hope other Forums follow are lead. :blueangel:

1bdasvt 03-17-2008 09:02 AM

Mike,,wonderful idea and very thoughtfull.

vlynnc 03-17-2008 12:11 PM

What a great idea and a perfect tribute.......Corvetteforum people are the best!:thumbs: :blueangel:

VITE1 03-20-2008 10:56 PM

This is a great idea.:thumbs: :cheers:

ZZ4Vetteguy 03-20-2008 11:03 PM

Although not a section I want to see a lot of thread in, it is a great idea.

Here is a R.I.P. to all of our CF brothers and sisters who have left us before this section got started. And here is to praying that the threads in this section show up slowly and very seldom. :blueangel:

RrCoX22 03-22-2008 03:10 AM

kool idea... R.I.P. to all those who have passed... represent bowtie heaven :blueangel: