CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Heated seats blowing fuses-Anybody??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1993005-heated-seats-blowing-fuses-anybody.html)

Racer 04-10-2008 01:09 AM

Heated seats blowing fuses-Anybody???

Had my car in last fall for the drivers heated seat not working, according to the Service Tech it was just a blown fuse, :skep:
Next morning turn on the old heated seat and , it works :thumbs: ..........for about ten minutes. :rolleyes: Six fuses later I finally have a list of things they can do on warranty to make it worth my while to drop it off. I get a phone call, and they don't know why it is blowing fuses and they have to call the "Tech Line" in Toronto. Hope they might have similar problems documented in the database. Anybody have this problem and if so, do you know specificaly what the problem was?

MarkRx 04-10-2008 03:53 AM

i'm curious how many heated seat fuses are blowing due to the infamous wireless NPP controller that taps off of the same fuse :lol:

PAmotorman 04-10-2008 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Racer44 (Post 1564948650)
Had my car in last fall for the drivers heated seat not working, according to the Service Tech it was just a blown fuse, :skep:
Next morning turn on the old heated seat and , it works :thumbs: ..........for about ten minutes. :rolleyes: Six fuses later I finally have a list of things they can do on warranty to make it worth my while to drop it off. I get a phone call, and they don't know why it is blowing fuses and they have to call the "Tech Line" in Toronto. Hope they might have similar problems documented in the database. Anybody have this problem and if so, do you know specificaly what the problem was?

there is a TSB about the seat fuse blowing

SpeedRacerGirl 04-10-2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by MarkRx (Post 1564949350)
i'm curious how many heated seat fuses are blowing due to the infamous wireless NPP controller that taps off of the same fuse :lol:

you tell me this now:rolleyes: I havent installed my controller yet.. so your saying I shouldnt???

vettecop1125 04-10-2008 08:43 AM

Is this year specific? I've had my 07 for about a year now and I haven't even tried them so I don't know if they work or not.

Pipedreams 04-10-2008 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by MarkRx (Post 1564949350)

I would refrain from blaming anyone’s products, it’s extremely irresponsible, the poster has an 2005 C6. I have over 4000 controllers in use starting almost 2 yrs ago and no issues.

PS: my normal install has nothing to do with the seatheater fuse

foremaw 04-11-2008 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pipedreams (Post 1564963175)
I would refrain from blaming anyone’s products, it’s extremely irresponsible, the poster has an 2005 C6. I have over 4000 controllers in use starting almost 2 yrs ago and no issues.

PS: my normal install has nothing to do with the seatheater fuse

:iagree: The exhaust module uses a dedicated fuse, the seat heaters are not involved.

moolys 04-11-2008 06:57 AM

first for me mine always worked

bksnoopy 04-11-2008 07:56 AM

Just put in a 25 amp fuse and look for the smoke :D

That's how a friend of mine found his problem in his truck. Now nothing works. :willy: