CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   XM today $77 ONE YEAR - AGAIN (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2007300-xm-today-77-one-year-again.html)

K9KUZ 04-25-2008 12:38 AM

XM today $77 ONE YEAR - AGAIN

Time to renew (actually a few days ago). The renewal invoice was for $38.85 plus $2 = 40.85 for 3 months. That's 163.40 per year.
Checking other auto forums, I found several numbers-- 800-682-4114 sounded pretty good.....so...."Sara" answered and wanted to renew me for the invoice amount. I explained that I hardly listened, car was stored for 6 months, and perhaps I should just CANCEL. (Yes, I really was ready to cancel.) After a little chit-chat, and confirming that I was ready to cancel, she transferred me to the "Cancellation Department" (this is the arm-twisting Sales Dept.) I got "Marsha", she's in Jamaica, with perfect English. More chit-chat. Again I said that it's stored 6 months and I don't use it much at all. Told her my 780 songs on the CD player was all I needed. Chit-chat. THEN - "I can offer you a special price of $98 per year." Sorry, no thanks, it's not worth it, I am ready to CANCEL. More chit-chat. "I just won't pay more than I did last year, or just cancel it." Finally, she says "will you take a special price of $77 ?" ..... Well, OK, just send me a bill.
-----
OK guys....now run with it.
-----
Oh, XM still sucks, but sometimes I want to listen to a ball game.
-----

Scream And Fly 04-25-2008 12:54 AM

Yeah, they did that to me too, but I still canceled. The service never impressed me, and the "commercial free" XM sales pitch isn't worth much either these days, as most of their channels now have commercials.

GotVett? 04-25-2008 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by K9KUZ (Post 1565176607)
Time to renew (actually a few days ago). The renewal invoice was for $38.85 plus $2 = 40.85 for 3 months. That's 163.40 per year.
Checking other auto forums, I found several numbers-- 800-682-4114 sounded pretty good.....so...."Sara" answered and wanted to renew me for the invoice amount. I explained that I hardly listened, car was stored for 6 months, and perhaps I should just CANCEL. (Yes, I really was ready to cancel.) After a little chit-chat, and confirming that I was ready to cancel, she transferred me to the "Cancellation Department" (this is the arm-twisting Sales Dept.) I got "Marsha", she's in Jamaica, with perfect English. More chit-chat. Again I said that it's stored 6 months and I don't use it much at all. Told her my 780 songs on the CD player was all I needed. Chit-chat. THEN - "I can offer you a special price of $98 per year." Sorry, no thanks, it's not worth it, I am ready to CANCEL. More chit-chat. "I just won't pay more than I did last year, or just cancel it." Finally, she says "will you take a special price of $77 ?" ..... Well, OK, just send me a bill.
-----
-----
-----

Mine's coming up for renewal, next month.

TTRotary 04-25-2008 02:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I actually like XM.

G Alex 04-25-2008 02:27 AM

I have it too and I thought most channels were commercial free. I thought that was why we were PAYING for the service. It does seem like more and more stations are playing commercials and they are as bothersome as the local DJ that wants to tell you about his weekend or about some free hotdogs down at the local car lot they are at. I am pretty much a cd guy now. I would love the mp3 plug for my 07 navigation radio system.

peterpeter211 04-25-2008 03:46 AM

Its gone

I had XM for the first year. After three months I was going to cancel and they gave it to me for $6 a month with the internet music too.
Then I got my itouch and listened to XM even less. When my subscription was up, they gave me two free months free. After the two months they would give it to me forthe $6 a month but $13 a month. I guess only new custoemrs get the $6 a month rate. I cancelled so that I can be a new customer again some day. Now that I can connect my ipod through the Sat receiver, I probable wont use the XM again. Glad I have it though because my ipod connects into the sat receiver so there is some benefit to XM.

jvette2 04-25-2008 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1565177188)
Thanks for the heads up. I actually like XM.

:iagree:
I know how my next call will go with XM.

srsvette 04-25-2008 08:16 AM

They called me last week and I got a five month offer for $4 per month. Special for summer driving season. They are going to bill me.
I had let my free trial offer lapse and was not contacted by them until this call.

Hebstar11 04-25-2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by K9KUZ (Post 1565176607)
-----
-----
-----

Did they tell you that you can't renew for that price again next year?

Rocketmanwpb 04-25-2008 06:55 PM

If they ever get Howard Stern I'll listen, other than that it is useless.

bigsteff 04-25-2008 07:21 PM

Renewed XM for $64.05 yr

Just renewed for $64.05 for the year!! They gave me a $12.95 discount off the $77 deal if I gave them a credit card. I paid with a Visa gift card !!!!!

LiquidDI 04-25-2008 07:47 PM

you guys are nuts. XM is awesome. I don't listen to anything else. Just love it.

greengo 04-25-2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bigsteff (Post 1565187264)
Just renewed for $64.05 for the year!! They gave me a $12.95 discount off the $77 deal if I gave them a credit card. I paid with a Visa gift card !!!!!

HUGE MISTAKE! Next renewal they will bill you the max on you credit card

Frogday 04-25-2008 08:47 PM

I just went through this yesterday. I got the $77 deal last year and told the first woman that I rarely use it and would only get it again if it is $77. She had me hold while she acted like she was checking something. Came back and told me that I was just one of the "lucky few" that received that deal last year and I couldn't get it again. I told her to connect me to the cancellation department and told the cancellation lady I don't want it if it is more than $77. She said no problem and I told them to send me a bill. :cheers:

hokieZ 04-25-2008 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by greengo (Post 1565187668)
HUGE MISTAKE! Next renewal they will bill you the max on you credit card

Good luck doing that on a gift card with 0 balance next year (I assume).

danl72 04-25-2008 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketmanwpb (Post 1565186932)
If they ever get Howard Stern I'll listen, other than that it is useless.

They will soon enough. XM is merging with Sirius.

Larry R 04-25-2008 11:00 PM

I also renewed my XM for one year at the $77.00 price. I am not all that enamoured with XM, but I wanted to give it more than the three months I got when I purchased the car. After reading many posts of how hard it was to get the low price I qas ready to do battle, but they gave it to me very easily.

Tahoemate 04-25-2008 11:25 PM

XM today $77 ONE YEAR

I just renewed for one year at the $77 rate. I went thru the cancellation department bit. I just told who ever I was talking to that it was $77 or cancel. After about 15 minutes the deal was done. My credit card allows me to get a temporary number that is good for a month and can only be charged to by one company. I monitor my charges and once the charge has been made I cancel that temporary number.

phileaglesfan 04-26-2008 12:44 AM

I just did the same thing with OnStar on my Impala. They wanted to charge me $18.95 a month. I said put me in touch with the cancellation department (I wasn't bluffing). I explained that I have 3 GM cars and will be glad to cancel all three. So I have $12.95 on my other two GM cars while my Vette is free for a year.

XM should give me the family plan or something.

HummelS 04-26-2008 01:34 AM

I let the 90-day trial expire on the 'vette I bought in August of last year. They called, & I said I wasn't really interested in renewing. They offered the $77 deal, so I took it.

We bought a new CTS in January, which carried the 90-day trial as well. They called right before it was due to expire earlier this month, and I said, "If you give me the same $77 deal I have on my 'vette, I'll take it." There wasn't even a two-second pause before the rep said "We can do that."

Like most of life, everything's negotiable....