CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (99 FRC) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/203174-paging-cajon-75-and-his-new-vette-99-frc.html)

HawkIVette 12-18-2001 10:39 PM

Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (99 FRC)

Great looking Vette (for a C5).

I'm kinda lost as to the FRC designation. I am not familiar with that. What does it mean and how can I get one?

I would love to have two vettes, and If I were to get a second one, I think I would pick the same one you did.
GREAT LOOKING VETTE'S

Eric 96 12-18-2001 11:07 PM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Rich's75)

FRC= Fixed Roof Coupe.....the Hard Top Roof

LAvetteman 12-19-2001 12:07 AM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Eric 70)

FRC= No Targa Top, No convertible, almost no where for leaks. :lol:

Cajun99 12-19-2001 12:35 AM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (71,454,4spd)

I agree with all of the above statements. :cheers:

I wanted a daily driver that wouldn't leak, new technology with the ability to reliably go anywhere anytime. I figured this would work. I get plenty of fresh air with the vert and love it around town on nice days but I'm a hair nervous going on long trips as the car is almost 30 years old. Although it is in excellent condition I still worry about things breaking.

I really like the lines of the FRC and it's cozy interior. Just a matter of personal taste. I watched and learned as many of the pro's and con's of the C5's on their forum and am addressing things like the column lock by-pass and CAGS defeat on mine. I found the car on the C5's for sale forum after months of searching and flew to New Jersey to pick it up last week. The owner is another Vette fanatic and kept this car in impeccable condition. It's flawless and still smells brand new inside after two years and only 4,500 miles. I fell in love with it during the two day drive back to New Orleans and have gained a whole lot of respect for the C5 that I really didn't have much of before. The LS1, 6-speed with Ripper Shifter and Z51 suspension are an awesome combo. Try running at 130mph and averaging 27.8 mpg in a C3! And I can't say enough about the Traction-Control. I was ripping through gears on wet streets when I got home like a train on rails. My '75 would have been all over the road..or in a ditch in those conditions.

There are many fine cars at very, very good prices over there and if you don't see one you like...keep watching and sooner or later you will.

My two cars are a universe apart but there is no doubt that they both are CORVETTES :cheers:

HawkIVette 12-19-2001 12:38 AM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (71,454,4spd)

Well, I almost had the grasp of it until you said No Targa Top. Now, what's that. Sorry Guys, but I am strickly a C3 man.

Cajun99 12-19-2001 12:46 AM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Rich's75)

The C5 coupe has a removable one piece roof. Like T-tops but no bar and only one panel :cheers:

Mine has the lines of the convertible but the top doesn't come off.

70L46 12-19-2001 09:19 AM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Cajun75)

Cajun - Nice Choice :yesnod:

Alwyn678 12-19-2001 09:22 AM

Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Cajun75)

I agree with all of the above statements. :cheers:

I wanted a daily driver that wouldn't leak, new technology with the ability to reliably go anywhere anytime. I figured this would work. I get plenty of fresh air with the vert and love it around town on nice days but I'm a hair nervous going on long trips as the car is almost 30 years old. Although it is in excellent condition I still worry about things breaking.

I really like the lines of the FRC and it's cozy interior. Just a matter of personal taste. I watched and learned as many of the pro's and con's of the C5's on their forum and am addressing things like the column lock by-pass and CAGS defeat on mine. I found the car on the C5's for sale forum after months of searching and flew to New Jersey to pick it up last week. The owner is another Vette fanatic and kept this car in impeccable condition. It's flawless and still smells brand new inside after two years and only 4,500 miles. I fell in love with it during the two day drive back to New Orleans and have gained a whole lot of respect for the C5 that I really didn't have much of before. The LS1, 6-speed with Ripper Shifter and Z51 suspension are an awesome combo. Try running at 130mph and averaging 27.8 mpg in a C3! And I can't say enough about the Traction-Control. I was ripping through gears on wet streets when I got home like a train on rails. My '75 would have been all over the road..or in a ditch in those conditions.

There are many fine cars at very, very good prices over there and if you don't see one you like...keep watching and sooner or later you will.

My two cars are a universe apart but there is no doubt that they both are CORVETTES :cheers:
Well said....Bill .......Now I really wanna get one too!!!!! :cheers: