CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 ZR-1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion-50/)
-   -   1993 Ruby Zr-1 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-zr-1-discussion/2061257-1993-ruby-zr-1-a.html)

Usa1-Zr1 06-24-2008 04:33 PM

1993 Ruby Zr-1

10/29/09 NEW LOWER PRICE ** $ 27,5000.00 For Sale- 1993 Ruby ZR-1 car # 95 The time has come to say goodby . This beautiful ZR-1 needs nothing is maintained to perfection as always show ready . Miles are just turned over 46,000 car will pull 390 at the wheels although she is more of a Trophy Queen than a runner . Please e-mail me if realy interested in pics and information I'm very busy no time for tire kickers thanks ...

MOD LIST

* Stainless Works headers

* B&B 3" Exhaust with B&B X-pipe

* Mark Coplan Air duct

* Relocated AIT sensor

* Rick Smith Chip

* Under Drive Pullys "Randy Woods"

* 145 Deg Thermostat "Randy Woods"

* Hurst Shifter with Q-Ball handle

* Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

* Spec Stage-2 Kevlar Clutch

* 4:30 Gears "good for grins"

* Grandsport front calipers

* Earls Stainless Break lines

* Drilled & Zinc washed Rotors

* 1995 GM A-Molds Polished inside & out

* Redline oil in Motor and rearend

* BMW oil in trans

This Car has NEVER been down the race track just spirited street driven...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM4070.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM4062.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM4064.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM2013.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM2036.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM2049.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/HPIM2035.jpg

Joe White (937) 417-4878 OHIO

usa1-zr1@woh.rr.com

louispf 07-04-2008 01:23 PM

Absolutely beautiful.

ZR-71 07-04-2008 01:51 PM

Your ZR-1 is very very nice. And I can't help but notice that rare copper metallic '94 you have. :cool:

Usa1-Zr1 07-05-2008 03:36 PM

Thanks, for the compliments ,the Copper car went to to new home and is doing good. Hope this Ruby Z gets as good of a home . I want a daily C-6 for the wife and I to enjoy everyday not just show time.:cheers:

drd21968 07-05-2008 11:49 PM

: the underside of that car is amazing.if the right person sees your add it will sell quick:thumbs:

93RubyZ 07-06-2008 05:18 AM

Very nice looking car! Too bad you're letting go of it. Since it does look so nice, larger photos would help sell it! Small photos are better for cars that don't look so nice. ;)

DRM500RUBYZR-1 07-06-2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by drd21968 (Post 1566188488)
: the underside of that car is amazing.if the right person sees your add it will sell quick:thumbs:

Yes, a lot of work went into that underside!
Beautiful!!!

Why not just add the C6 vert, and hold onto the Z. Over the next 10-15 years, it will look like the best choice.
Dealers are often offering 0% on the 08's to move them, or better yet find an 05 or an 06 vert, which even if low mile, with lt 3 pkg ,pwr top, and all else, can be had for around 40k. Take a long term collector car fixed rate collector car loan to finance it. The value rise on the Z over time will cover the interest, as eventually the value goes up on the C6 as well.

If space challanged; add a lift!

( now you see why all the folks thinking of selling talk with me...ha, ha)

( your old exhaust parts said HI! )

Marty
1FUNZR1
:cheers:

DA1984VETTE 07-07-2008 12:47 AM

I have seen this car in person and the pictures don't do it justice, it is an absolutely beautiful car!!!!! Say it ain't so JOE!

BlackWidow#2 07-08-2008 07:20 PM

You'll be sorry. :nono:

DRM500RUBYZR-1 07-08-2008 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlackWidow#2 (Post 1566223885)
You'll be sorry. :nono:

Short; Sweet; and Oh so true!

If only I had kept my__________.
( fill in any one of a dozen or two past cars, now gone )
Marty
1FUNZR1

Usa1-Zr1 07-09-2008 05:50 PM

At this this time in my life hanging onto this car would be for capital gain. My asking price has me well in the hole for over $$8,000.00 since I have ownwed this car .
I dont see these cars being the big block mid year cars of today am I wrong?? :toetap:

VetBoyZR1 07-09-2008 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Usa1-Zr1 (Post 1566237493)
I dont see these cars being the big block mid year cars of today am I wrong?? :toetap:

No - you are correct. C4's are DOWN, and you will need to be flexible on your price.

USAFPILOT 07-09-2008 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Usa1-Zr1 (Post 1566237493)
At this this time in my life hanging onto this car would be for capital gain. My asking price has me well in the hole for over $$8,000.00 since I have ownwed this car .

I still do...look at what oil is doing...soon all the big automakers will be selling electric cars, these things will go up up and up. It is like the 70's all over again, exactly what made the muscle cars go up in value. Any true Iconic V8's left after this oil crisis gets in full swing will pull big dollars. Unless of course, there ever truly isn't any gas whatsoever. But, I dont see that ever happening. When powerful cars cant be had at the dealer again, we will see a steep rise in value. Once the vette goes the way of the Tesla Roadster we might really have something good in our hands.

Rob Willis 07-09-2008 07:56 PM

Good luck with the sale. Beautiful looking RUBY.

If I was rich and had a stable of Corvette favorites in it, this would be one of the "must have" cars!

DRM500RUBYZR-1 07-10-2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by USAFPILOT (Post 1566238928)
I still do...look at what oil is doing...soon all the big automakers will be selling electric cars, these things will go up up and up. It is like the 70's all over again, exactly what made the muscle cars go up in value. Any true Iconic V8's left after this oil crisis gets in full swing will pull big dollars. Unless of course, there ever truly isn't any gas whatsoever. But, I dont see that ever happening. When powerful cars cant be had at the dealer again, we will see a steep rise in value. Once the vette goes the way of the Tesla Roadster we might really have something good in our hands.

THE EXACT SAME CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!
These cars will indeed be the mid year big blocks when they are 25-30 yrs old.
Just look at production numbers, and the history indeed will repeat.
Look at any collectable car from the 60's; they are all worth many multiples of their original sticker, almost regardless of their performance or pedigree.
Why would it not hold true for a Corvette, and a limited one at that?
To think it will not climb like that is simply illogical and therefore foolish.
Do not believe what the campfire pee'rs say on this forum and elsewhere.
Simply go to Hemmings, look at almost ANY old car, that is well preserved or restored, and compare it's current value to it's cost when new.
Four door sedans sell for 2-3 times original, and desireable cars for many times over that.

Worse yet, to take a hit like Joe is speaking of, IF AVOIDABLE, should absoluetely be avoided.

KEEP IT, ENJOY IT, GET MORE, and then pass them on as part or all of your legacy.

If I become too old to drive it; Ill still look at it, or listen to it, and while ill miss being behind the wheel, I bet it will still make me happy!

KEEP AND ADD AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE!!!

Marty
1FUNZR1

Usa1-Zr1 07-11-2008 07:34 AM

Well, I want to "believe" time will tell , I guess times are bad to sell right now I havent even had a legitimate offer as of today. Am I priced too high? I know their are a few low milage Ruby's on the Net for sale for more $$ but I would put my car in a total different class with all the mods and the detail work.

If things work out and I get my asking price not a dime less then it will go but dosen't seem my highly collectable is money in the bank. Glad I'm not on my death bed and need to sell this week I feel for guys that are in that situation.

bb62 07-11-2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Usa1-Zr1 (Post 1566259064)
Well, I want to "believe" time will tell , I guess times are bad to sell right now I havent even had a legitimate offer as of today. Am I priced too high? I know their are a few low milage Ruby's on the Net for sale for more $$ but I would put my car in a total different class with all the mods and the detail work.

If things work out and I get my asking price not a dime less then it will go but dosen't seem my highly collectable is money in the bank. Glad I'm not on my death bed and need to sell this week I feel for guys that are in that situation.

Although you have a very beautiful car, I think you are in a difficult position. People looking for collector cars and therefore not afraid to spend the kind of money you are asking will want lower miles (45K is way high for collectors) and will want no mods (unless they are something like a Lingenfelter upgrade - but even there it's iffy). And the people looking for drivers will still view your car as a medium mileage car and price accordingly. Further, for those considering drivers, you are very near new C6 territory. I wish you luck and patience.

TommyL 07-11-2008 12:42 PM

I like it....very nice car! Good Luck with the sale :thumbs:

Steven's Toys 07-12-2008 08:10 PM

Tommy,
I think your price is right on. There were only 240 Ruby Z's sold to the public and they are the collector Z's of the future. Holding on to them is best but I understand where you are at.

Mine has 15,xxx miles on it and I have recently thought of selling mine. Not because of gas or anything like that. Just that I am getting ready to retire and could use the money for something else. Then I take it to a Corvette show and win best Corvette??? So I am keeping it a while longer.

Best of luck with your decision. Here's a bump for you!!

FASTAZU 07-12-2008 08:59 PM

Beautiful ZR-1 Good luck with the sale.. As for me I call mine rolling inheritance and will pass it on to my son for him to enjoy as I have.