CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest-127/)
-   -   XXX All Corvette Show (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/2065420-xxx-all-corvette-show.html)

dennismont 06-29-2008 02:32 PM

XXX All Corvette Show

Mark your calendars for the 4th Annual XXX Drive-In All Corvette Show & Burger Bash at XXX Drive In in Issaquah on August 24th. We have been promised good weather this year and expect 200 Corvettes. Proceeds go to local charities and this event has become one of the biggest All Corvette shows in the Northwest.

Iroczlover 06-29-2008 03:38 PM

Need to know cost & what have you,We are doing a cruise to mt st helens the day before & this will give me something to do on sunday.

fperra 06-29-2008 06:16 PM

My calender is already marked. Hopefully it will be cooler than today.

91LSMAN 06-29-2008 06:22 PM

Consider my calendar marked.

If all goes according to plan, this will be my first time going with my own Vette. :thumbs: :cool:

dennismont 07-01-2008 01:07 AM

The cost is $20 per car and if this year is anything like previous years, we will have Corvettes of all years including some great solid-axles and customs along with all the C2, C3 C4, C5 and C6s.

cilrah 07-04-2008 11:50 AM

In my book this is the largest and best Corvette show in the NW all summer, get there early though, if you don't your not going to get a parking spot :thumbs: I took 2nd Place two years ago and 1st Place last year with my 78 Pace Car, hope to see you all there.

chris von ravensberg 07-05-2008 09:41 AM

we will be there .....

XC6VETTE 07-06-2008 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by dennismont (Post 1566123992)
The cost is $20 per car and if this year is anything like previous years, we will have Corvettes of all years including some great solid-axles and customs along with all the C2, C3 C4, C5 and C6s.

Are you going to try and park by grouping generations together as you did a couple years ago....C1, C2, etc.? :thumbs:

That worked really well IMHO....last year's seemed not as well orchestrated....

fperra 07-06-2008 01:16 PM

That's a good idea. Lets meet up a little early and see if we can park together in a row.

XC6VETTE 07-06-2008 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by fperra (Post 1566192649)
That's a good idea. Lets meet up a little early and see if we can park together in a row.

Can't....I don't wanna be seen again in public until I get it lowered....:willy:

Just measured mine....27 1/4 LF, 27 1/2 LR from the floor thru hub centerline to bottom edge of fender*. The back isn't horrible but you could drive a truck thru the front.:eek: Curiously, the RF is a1/4 inch lower than the LF....but it evened out when I sat in the car.

Tom, need you to make a quick house call witha set Pfad's before next week end so I can go out and play with Fred :D

Edit: *Using a square I tried to capture the space between the tire and the edge of the wheel well
LF 2 1/8, RF 1 7/8, both Rear 1 1/4....looks ridculous....almost and inch difference front to back....the mods continue....

MUFFLER 07-06-2008 05:39 PM

Not unusual for differing body heights within the car.

I took a tape measure around the showroom when I bought mine years ago and was surprised at the huge difference from one car to another.

Make sure you drive the car after your changes to settle the suspension and then measure again as some adjustments will likely equate to more or less than others.

Pat

last901 07-06-2008 08:08 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I've added it to my calendar. This is IMO the best Corvette show of the year....

XC6VETTE 07-06-2008 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by MUFFLER (Post 1566194892)
Not unusual for differing body heights within the car.

I took a tape measure around the showroom when I bought mine years ago and was surprised at the huge difference from one car to another.

Make sure you drive the car after your changes to settle the suspension and then measure again as some adjustments will likely equate to more or less than others.

Pat

Thanks Pat. As I measured more carefully (i.e. with light) the front right to left difference was less and evened up nicely when i sat in it.

That said the front is still way too high....will try to turn 'em down but am afraid I'm in for coil overs......:willy:

kentz06 07-08-2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by XC5VETTE (Post 1566199321)
That said the front is still way too high....will try to turn 'em down but am afraid I'm in for coil overs......:willy:

Walt,

Perhaps we need to put our cars side-by-side to compare ride height before you decide about coil-overs. I like the look and performance improvement but it nows scrapes more frequently.

I will be instructing at Pacific Raceway this Thursday (Marque Corvette Day/they probably still have room) and Friday (BMW Culb) if you want to see the car...

Dean
:cheers:

rutiger 07-08-2008 01:19 PM

i just turned my front bolts all the way and it lowered it by ~1/2". i left the back as is. don't think i'm going any lower. just this amount made me now scrape on my buddy's driveway whereas i didn't last week. my c5z was very low and was a pita. i would drag the headers over speedbumps and some high angle driveways/parking garages.

ZO6 Lee 07-08-2008 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by last901 (Post 1566196433)
Thanks for the reminder. I've added it to my calendar. This is IMO the best Corvette show of the year....

:iagree: And I will be there.

tjwong 07-08-2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by XC5VETTE (Post 1566193787)
Can't....I don't wanna be seen again in public until I get it lowered....:willy:

Just measured mine....27 1/4 LF, 27 1/2 LR from the floor thru hub centerline to bottom edge of fender*. The back isn't horrible but you could drive a truck thru the front.:eek: Curiously, the RF is a1/4 inch lower than the LF....but it evened out when I sat in the car.

Tom, need you to make a quick house call witha set Pfad's before next week end so I can go out and play with Fred :D

Edit: *Using a square I tried to capture the space between the tire and the edge of the wheel well
LF 2 1/8, RF 1 7/8, both Rear 1 1/4....looks ridculous....almost and inch difference front to back....the mods continue....

:rofl: I need a rack to do the PFADTs for you. I would break my old asian back trying to do it on the floor! It is much easier if I do this in my shop. I installed them on my car but it didn't lower it like they did on Freds car. I dropped my car an inch, wihch is comfy for me.

chris von ravensberg 07-11-2008 12:57 PM

dennis....make us down for 2 cars. we want to show the ZR1 and the Callaway. thanks chris and leslie

dennismont 07-11-2008 09:09 PM

Got it Chris. Both those Corvettes will be terrific additions to the show!!! Love those ZR-1's!!!!!!

XC6VETTE 07-11-2008 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by tjwong (Post 1566221724)
:rofl: I need a rack to do the PFADTs for you. I would break my old asian back trying to do it on the floor! It is much easier if I do this in my shop. I installed them on my car but it didn't lower it like they did on Freds car. I dropped my car an inch, wihch is comfy for me.

An inch sounds perfect to me.....now you just need to open a shop up here.....:D no, seriously:thumbs: