CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Leather seats wrinking with deep creases (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2079096-leather-seats-wrinking-with-deep-creases.html)

joliett 07-15-2008 02:31 PM

Leather seats wrinking with deep creases

Anyone have trouble with the leather seat in their new C6 wrinkling with deep creases when they were BRAND NEW?

The creases started on the way home from my dealer Kerbeck.

It's been a month now, and the seat looks horrible. My friends who see it - and are all dissapointed - as well as I am.

Kerbeck has been working on this with me - since I took the car home - back to New York a month ago - but still no replacement!

Here are the pics...

http://www.tenantengineer.com/c6 seat 1.jpg

http://www.tenantengineer.com/c6 seat 2.jpg

http://www.tenantengineer.com/c6 seat 3.jpg

blackfd 07-15-2008 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by joliett (Post 1566314174)
Anyone have trouble with the leather seat in their new C6 wrinkling with deep creases when they were BRAND NEW?

The creases started on the way home from my dealer Kerbeck.

It's been a month now, and the seat looks horrible. My friends who see it - and are all dissapointed - as well as I am.

Kerbeck has been working on this with me - since I took the car home - back to New York a month ago.

same with mine, my dealer ordered new covers and they arrived all folded up and worse than what was in the car already, so i declined the replacement, mine's a 1LT :eek:

Pocket Aces 07-15-2008 02:42 PM

I put coverking seat covers over mine. I don't know what they look like underneath but I hope it minimizes the wrinkling and wear. Most any seats always get a nasty wear spot on the outside driver's bolster.

BigJoe 07-15-2008 02:42 PM

Post some pics so we can see how bad they really are. I've had my 2005 for 3 years (a daily driver) and I haven't noticed it being any worse than any other leather seated car I've owned as far as wear. But then I may have a higher threshold for "faults" than you...

C-INRED 07-15-2008 02:43 PM

Sounds like a job for..........

Gerardo!!!!! :flag:

Raazor 07-15-2008 02:49 PM

Ouch! That seems odd.

This is two years old in October and I drive it almost every day.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...d/IMG_0287.jpg

dmawd 07-15-2008 03:00 PM

The leather on the Vettes is about the cheapest out there, not high quality like on a MB, Jag, or 200K Ferrari! Mine seats looked the same way after about a month.

buddyepa 07-15-2008 03:07 PM

I have had no issues with the leather in either my 2005 MY Z51 Coupe or my present 2006 Z06. Both had black interiors. Are all of the ones which have the crease problem not black or what?

:rolleyes:

HawaiiC6 07-15-2008 03:08 PM

The leather that GM uses are cheap and they are thin and will wrinkle, haven't seen a vette with leather seats that didn't have some wrinkles.

Now if GM would use the same quality leather that BMW and Mercedes uses then there would be no wrinkles. But then again you would be adding another $10K to the price tag.

RogerC6 07-15-2008 03:15 PM

The Upholstery Shop next to my place is going to replace mine, he told me it would happen the day I bought the car, GM knows about the problem but does nothing to solve it, is just plain cheap leather, and the shifter and ebrake boots are even worst is imitation, :smash: he already replaced it for me, it feels better to the touch and looks nicer.

ChefMark 07-15-2008 03:15 PM

After one month my seat look good, Your right about the leather not the best. I do use Zaino leather care which seems to help

tls630 07-15-2008 03:20 PM

I've had my 08 since new years and no problem! It s black!

LS2POWA 07-15-2008 03:21 PM

I just use leather conditioner on it every weekend and it minimizes the wrinkle/crease appearence. Im waiting to find me replacement seats, something more huggable and daily driveable. I miss my srt4 seats, 16k dollar car with 10x better seats then the vette, shame on gm.

redzone 07-15-2008 03:26 PM

I want the optional Recaros available on the new CTS-V.

BadJuju 07-15-2008 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by dmawd (Post 1566314539)
The leather on the Vettes is about the cheapest out there, not high quality like on a MB, Jag, or 200K Ferrari! Mine seats looked the same way after about a month.

Believe it or not there is worse. My 2006 Miata has the cheapest leather I have seen. It is fairly stiff and is pretty low quality. However, it is stiff enough not to wrinkle much. What do you expect from a $25k car?

I rented a Hertz LS3 the week of the 4th of July and while I wasn't looking for it, I didn't notice any wrinkling in the seats.

danl72 07-15-2008 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by HawaiiC6 (Post 1566314637)
The leather that GM uses are cheap and they are thin and will wrinkle, haven't seen a vette with leather seats that didn't have some wrinkles.

Now if GM would use the same quality leather that BMW and Mercedes uses then there would be no wrinkles. But then again you would be adding another $10K to the price tag.

Actually BMW uses leatherette on the 3 series and the 525, 530, even the SUV's. The 545, 6 series and 7 series all have real leather. Interesting fact. I have a friend who works for a BMW dealer that is how I know.

miami08VETTE 07-15-2008 06:27 PM

Welcome to the wonderfull, NOT, Vette seats! Crappy leather, understuffed seat cushion, no support and they wrinkle like prunes in no time. I don't care what you say about "bang for the buck" etc, these are not the seats of a $50K plus car!

miami08VETTE 07-15-2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by danl72 (Post 1566315219)
Actually BMW uses leatherette on the 3 series and the 525, 530, even the SUV's. The 545, 6 series and 7 series all have real leather. Interesting fact. I have a friend who works for a BMW dealer that is how I know.

Yeap although leather is available as an option on the models with leatherette. I would prefer leatherette in the vette if they were well built seats. Crappy seats covered in leather are still crappy seats!

blackfd 07-15-2008 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE (Post 1566317601)
Yeap although leather is available as an option on the models with leatherette. I would prefer leatherette in the vette if they were well built seats. Crappy seats covered in leather are still crappy seats!

+1 leatherette always has a nice sheen to it and never shows any signs of wear... but it seems a lot of us 08 guys are posting, are previous years better?

phileaglesfan 07-15-2008 08:45 PM

If GM was to put better leather in the car then people would complain about having to pay an extra $5-10k. Personally, I've seen the SLK55 leather and wasn't too impressed for a car that cost $70k+. Just keep leather conditioner on them. At least you are not adding a quart of oil every 500-1000 miles like some Porsche owners.