CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Best driving route from PA to FL (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2081124-best-driving-route-from-pa-to-fl.html)

ilovemyredhotc6 07-17-2008 06:29 PM

Best driving route from PA to FL

All,

I'm going to fly to PA in a couple weeks to pick up my first corvette :) I would like to know what route ya'll suggest for fun factor to get from PA to FL (east coast of FL). I wouldn't mind going a little out of the way to hit a fun mountain drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated - I will be making the drive the first week of August.

knick 07-17-2008 06:40 PM

sky line drive ...blue ridge parkway nice roads for a vette

VicCaerter 07-17-2008 06:49 PM

best time i made was from tampa to home (north of bmore) was 13 hours straight up I-95. That is a long drive to be taking the scenic route, but if you insist, skyline drive is something everyone could appreciate.

not08crmanymore 07-17-2008 06:50 PM

I bet over in the NORTHEAST SECTION of this forum you'd get quite a few responses as to route.Me,I'd shoot over to I-95 and go straight south.:D

Rocky7777 07-17-2008 06:52 PM

I make this drive a lot, though I always go 95 south, I also live close enough to skyline drive to do it when I want to. It's a great drive, worth going out of the way a bit for if you're looking for fun. 95 is boring, flat, and straight.

gfacter 07-17-2008 07:04 PM

If in the Western part of PA, try Rt 219 S all the way though WV, cut across SW VA to the Blue Ridge Parkway, then hit the Dragon up in TN. From there the mountain in NW Georgia are good I hear.

Might take a few days but a EPIC trip.

95 just blows, trucks, cops, traffic, etc.

Scruff Vette 07-17-2008 07:04 PM

PA is big. From Eastern PA go straight East and get on I95. If it's Western PA, take I79 to 19 to I77 then cut East in Columbia SC to I95. Blueridge Mountain Parkway (Skyline Drive is the upper 100 mile part in VA) is a great scenic drive, but terrible if you want to make any decent time. :cheers:

ilovemyredhotc6 07-17-2008 07:28 PM

Can someone move it to that section for me - I'm new here and don't know if I have that capability.

Originally Posted by 08crm (Post 1566346777)
I bet over in the NORTHEAST SECTION of this forum you'd get quite a few responses as to route.Me,I'd shoot over to I-95 and go straight south.:D

classicfit 07-17-2008 10:07 PM

after you cross the FL state line on I-95, take the State Rd 200 exit (aka St Rd A1A) east to Fernandina Beach and then south through Amelia Island which is a beautiful drive that at some points runs immediately adjacent to the ocean. Take the Mayport Ferry across the St. Johns River once you get into Duval County on A1A, and continue south on A1A through the Jacksonville beach towns to St. Augustine. There are more views of the ocean on this leg as well as a short segment through beautiful, historic "downtown" St. Augustine. Then continue south into Flagler County (A1A goes past the newly refurbished Marineland). Then you can cut back over to I-95 for more mundane cruising, or continue south to Ormand Beach and Daytona. The entire trip on A1A is top down territory.