CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Help Forum (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum-31/)
-   -   "Archive" option gone from the Search function? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum/2105505-archive-option-gone-from-the-search-function.html)

Blue 92 08-13-2008 10:21 PM

"Archive" option gone from the Search function?

The new search shows older threads but then cannot display them.

There is no "Archived" selection available that I could find. Are all the old posts no longer accessible?

Z06_BluByU 08-15-2008 10:58 AM

I've noticed this also..

could someone please let us know whats going on?!? Thanks!! There is some great info I cant get to!!

:thumbs:

abc 123 08-16-2008 02:28 PM

This is getting old. The archives are the backbone of all the info this site has to offer. Or will this be like one of the previous updates where the archives were lost.

Tom@Dewitt 08-16-2008 06:53 PM

Search is useless!!!

Someone better pay attention here. The new search function is totally useless and must be changed. It seems the Archives and current threads are now combined. This slows the search down, brings up old threads, and many of them are duplicates.

Saving your search perferences doesn't do anything because it defaults right back. That's really annoying!

The search doesn't even work right because it doesn't find all the information. I just posted several threads, one in each section and I can't do a search to find them.

I use the search function each and every time I log on. I search out the name DEWITTS to see what people are talking about and who wants information or questions answered. If this doesn't work, the forum is useless to me.

Now pay attention, if this doesn't get fixed, the forum will lose a sponsor! Does anyone care?

BQuicksilver 08-16-2008 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by abc 123 (Post 1566742905)
This is getting old. The archives are the backbone of all the info this site has to offer. Or will this be like one of the previous updates where the archives were lost.

Amen!!!:cheers:

Z06_BluByU 08-17-2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt (Post 1566745482)
Someone better pay attention here. The new search function is totally useless and must be changed. It seems the Archives and current threads are now combined. This slows the search down, brings up old threads, and many of them are duplicates.

Saving your search perferences doesn't do anything because it defaults right back. That's really annoying!

The search doesn't even work right because it doesn't find all the information. I just posted several threads, one in each section and I can't do a search to find them.

I use the search function each and every time I log on. I search out the name DEWITTS to see what people are talking about and who wants information or questions answered. If this doesn't work, the forum is useless to me.

Now pay attention, if this doesn't get fixed, the forum will lose a sponsor! Does anyone care?

Do any moderators read this?!?!?? admin?!?! anyone.. how about letting us know the status.. like.. we're working on it.. or jsut tell us its gone forever.. some update would be helpful!!

Tom@Dewitt 08-17-2008 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Z06_BluByU (Post 1566754414)
Do any moderators read this?!?!?? admin?!?! anyone.. how about letting us know the status.. like.. we're working on it.. or jsut tell us its gone forever.. some update would be helpful!!

Makes you wonder doesn't it? :bs

Blue 92 08-17-2008 09:45 PM

There's a post in another thread explaining that the archived post are being merged back in slowly so as to not have a major impact on DB performance.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...39&postcount=3

Since I do IT for a living I can understand that approach since most of our applications are real time online systems.

That said, I'd still rather see a short term hit than days of frustration.

steve40th 08-17-2008 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt (Post 1566756687)
Makes you wonder doesn't it? :bs

Post a questionable picture and they will show.