CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Where is the fuse for the rearview mirror (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2113131-where-is-the-fuse-for-the-rearview-mirror.html)

ICULUKN-C5 08-23-2008 12:18 AM

Where is the fuse for the rearview mirror

I was hooking up a homelink transmitter into my visor, but when I checked power at the pig tail the circuit is dead. My interior lights in the mirror wont come on either so I am assuming its on the same fuse.

What fuse powers the rearview mirror?

ICULUKN-C5 08-23-2008 12:43 AM

ttt

blacksedan87 08-23-2008 01:09 AM

It's one of the fuses in the passenger side footwell fuse block. I know it's a 10 amp - and I believe it's #6.

lil vette 08-23-2008 02:19 AM

check em all....gotta be one of em.
:cheers:

DeeGee 08-23-2008 02:25 AM

There are 2 functions on the rear view mirror fused through different circuits

The floods that are on permanently are fused through fuse #21 (10A). The switchable lights are fused through #2 (10A) (monitored load). The latter fuse affects other functions such as the vanity mirrors, the underhood lamp and the IP Compartment Lamp. If those are out as well, there's your problem.

Both are on the IP Fuse Board in the footwell.

Relay 37 is also in play in the circuit.

Kehraus 08-30-2011 10:38 AM

Good informatin on the fuse location for the r/v mirror.
My fuse was blown (#21 in the footwell) replaced and all is good.

Thank you for this forum!:rock:

ccriderxx 11-22-2014 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by blacksedan87 (Post 1566818378)
It's one of the fuses in the passenger side footwell fuse block. I know it's a 10 amp - and I believe it's #6.

Just a quick thanks for the this old thread. Fuse #6 inside car in footwell fusebox solved my problem. Mirror, vanity lights and glovebox are all linked on my 2001 C5. And I am sure the engine hood light will work now too. I think I blew the fuse by somehow causing a short when installing bulb.

Vetteman Jack 11-22-2014 07:11 AM

Saved this info for later use. Thanks for those that posted the info.

km60sb@yahoo.com 12-15-2017 05:55 PM

02 vert r v mirror

Originally Posted by Kehraus (Post 1578558815)
Good informatin on the fuse location for the r/v mirror.
My fuse was blown (#21 in the footwell) replaced and all is good.

Thank you for this forum!:rock:

hi Mule thanking everyone contributing to this thread. 1st thanks for all the info on breaking windshields that ruled me out. Because they’re LEDs GM replaces the mirror. Only $590.00.
Read on in Corvette Forum and what a novel idea Fuses! check the fuse 2 fuses. Fuse #6 was burnt.
Thanks again

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to every contributor on Corvette Forum.

jdewolf 06-20-2022 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by webdzynes (Post 1605293949)
Does anyone have a schematic for the fuse numbers for the footwell fusebox? (there are several for the fusebox under the hood, but not for the interior one) There are references to fuse numbers for the footwell but I cannot find any diagram showing which fuse is what number...

Which fuse is #21 & which fuse is #6??

The diagram will be on the inner cover of your fuse box cover. Once you unscrew and remove it... all will be revealed.

jdewolf 06-20-2022 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by webdzynes (Post 1605300763)
Thanks, but no. Its the footwell fusebox and the diagram is on the panel cover but has no numbers and only the 4-letter title specifics for each fuse.

The windshield mirror operates off of 2 separate fuses (possibly #6 and #21) - or so I am told. 1 fuse controls the plug-in wire cluster (into the back of the mirror) and the other fuse controls the secured closed line running from the mirror support into the mirror itself. I need the fuse (location) that operates the plug-in wire cluster. That's where I was pulling the radar's detectors' power from... It's not the CTSY/Lamp fuse evidently... Thanx

The inner panel contains a diagram of the fuse numbers, their locations, amperage of the fuse and a brief description. Worst case scenario, you could blindly pull the fuses and visually check them to see if they're blown. As well as make sure the correct amperage fuses are installed.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...693df9c62c.jpg