CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   Petit Lemans Atlanta / LG Motorsports entered (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2134774-petit-lemans-atlanta-lg-motorsports-entered.html)

LG Motorsports 09-16-2008 05:09 PM

Petit Lemans Atlanta / LG Motorsports entered

Hi GUys,

We will be taking the GT2 Corvette out again to the Petit Lemans race at Road Atlanta for the Oct 4th race.

We look forward to seeing some of you there.

WE have a new Nose and front undertray being built for us by Kerry Hitt at ACP. The car just didn't seem to have the same kind of high speed grip that we felt the tires should have provided. So we are having ACP make our WC undertray fit the GT2 car.

My Co Drivers are still not firmed up but I will post that up when we know exactly who they are.

We will be running Dunlop tires. Michelin tires are about 2 seconds faster than Dunlop tires but they will not sell them to us. They picked their 21 cars, and they won't add any more. (is this America?)

But who cares. we will just go and do our best with the Dunlop tires and thank Dunlop for coming to our aid.

In Europe, Dunlop has a winning tire that will not be released in the US until possibly next season.

At any rate, if you are thinking of coming to the race, stop by for a free poster and a free GT2 Corvette hat. (while supplies last)

Thanks for all the support this season in spite of us missing some races after Utah.

Either way, We will see you at Road Atlanta. :)

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

WBHighwind 09-16-2008 05:20 PM

Where was the free poster and hat at Sebring??? :willy:

Good luck Lou! F1 at Monza reminds all of us that when everyone on the team does their jobs and the right things fall into place, its anybody's ball game! Give em hell, but most importantly, HAVE FUN!

VanSpeed 09-16-2008 05:34 PM

Lou,

Good to read that your GT2 effort is getting back to the race track :cheers:

You have been quiet after the Corvette Racing announcement that next year they are transitioning from GT1 to GT2. I am curious what your thoughts are on that and if that is good, bad, or indifferent for your GT2 efforts.

Good luck at Petit, hopefully no LMP car incidences this time.

Brian

Kanmer 09-16-2008 05:57 PM

Hey Lou,

If you go to Road America for Petit I think you will be rather lonely. Might have more competition at Road Atlanta :rofl:

Bob

John Shiels 09-16-2008 06:03 PM

Why does Michelin cater to certain teams and preclude others?

Is the LGM car legal next year in GT2? I read something like it will be GM chassis only.

Good luck on the run!

sperkins 09-16-2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kanmer (Post 1567129395)
Hey Lou,

If you go to Road America for Petit I think you will be rather lonely. Might have more competition at Road Atlanta :rofl:

Bob

Yeah, but he would win via forfeit.:D

Good luck Lou!:thumbs:

CDN_Wolf_eh 09-16-2008 06:25 PM

Good Luck Lou!

We'll be cheering you on!

Will you be making an apperance at the Corvette Corral?

Mark

johninar 09-16-2008 06:36 PM

Lou that is great news. I'm looking forward to getting some great pictures.
I have a New Canon 40D SLR with a new set of lenses. I look forward to getting some good shots of that awesome car. This baby shoots at 6.5 frames per second. :thumbs:

Hope to see you there.

John :flag:

C6400hp 09-16-2008 08:03 PM

Best of luck, may the race gods bestow massive amounts of speed and grip upon you. :cheers::flag::blueangel:

LG Motorsports 09-16-2008 08:05 PM

Guys,

I typed "Atlanta" correct 50% of the time.

I have been quiet since we took a break after Utah because of the way things happened. No tires, no GM help, less than completed car. All of which contributed to losing the team mate/sponsor.

But hey, life is short. We are going to bang some fenders and give it all we have and see what happens.

GM in GT2 ? you make your own conclusions. They had Michelin tires all season only to race bicycles to divert attention from the non race that they were in. Sounds good to me.

My car will be legal for the next 3 years in ALMS and Lemans, so if GM doesn't want my car out there they will have to buy it from me or trade me. :)

I think that Riley and LGM got thrown under the bus, and I got put under the tires. But more on that later.

I just wrote a letter to Michelin asking that they SELL me tires for the event so we won't be 2 seconds off the pace. I think it is the only "fair business practice" decision they can make but I doubt it will happen.

We have some new aero coming on the car for this race. (thanks ACP) We asked for but we were not given any GM wind tunnel time becaues it didn't fit with their "New GT2 strategy". (really?)

Politics is usually the one thing that kills good racing series.

I am looking forward to seeing you guys. we will try to get the car up to the Corvette Corral again this year.

Thanks again for the support.

Lou Gigliotti

varkwso 09-16-2008 08:10 PM

This is great news....

abc 123 09-16-2008 08:54 PM

Lou, Curran one of the drivers?

See you in the paddock :D

Tom03Z06 09-16-2008 09:58 PM

Get Drissi back out there, i'm sure he has a Movie to promote :lurk:

LG Motorsports 09-16-2008 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by abc 123 (Post 1567131673)
Lou, Curran one of the drivers?

See you in the paddock :D

Eric was going to be one of the drivers but he has to leave Atlanta on Friday to race at VIR in the last Koni Grand Am race.

We were really looking forward to working with him again

Thanks
Lou g

LJD51 09-16-2008 10:50 PM

Lou,

It will be good to see you back on the track...:thumbs:

BAMbrick 09-17-2008 12:16 AM

Lou,

glad to see that you will be racing at Atlanta! :cheers: I love the Corvette brand, and it really pisses me off that you are getting zero help from GM. :bs:bs Wish I could be at the race to get me a poster and hat. want to fly me to the other side of the states for the race? :rofl::rofl: Your vette looks awesome in person, I was at the Long Beach race. good luck!

joemoia 09-17-2008 12:43 AM

Lou, good luck at PLM. Any chance you can make the season finale at Laguna Seca?

USAsOnlyWay 09-17-2008 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by joemoia (Post 1567134546)
Lou, good luck at PLM. Any chance you can make the season finale at Laguna Seca?

:iagree:

I've just missed meeting up with you last year and up at Portland a while before. Though I did stand about 20 feet away when you ripped onto track for qualifying on Saturday last year. :smiliedrool:

Good luck in Atlanta!
:cheers:
Chris

John Shiels 09-17-2008 08:05 AM

GM racing is the height of stupidity. I guess they don't want you competing with them like in WC with the Caddies. I am sure they will put the stop on you getting Michelin's also. Time to bury GM Racing and Michelin with emails asking if they are afraid of competition and free enterprise.

spazegun2213 09-17-2008 08:54 AM

CONGRATS Lou!!!!! this is great news!! good luck!