CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 Automatic Transmission Shift Problems (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2186462-c6-automatic-transmission-shift-problems.html)

bvanhoeven 11-18-2008 08:03 PM

C6 Automatic Transmission Shift Problems

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. In the morning, when backing the car out of the garage, shifting from reverse to drive there is a delay of about 7 seconds before it shifts hard into drive. I live in Jacksonville Florida so I don't think temperature is an issue. I have tried shifting from reverse to drive before backing the car out and it works just fine, but put it in reverse and back down the driveway (a small decline at the end) and try to go to drive and it will experience the same delay and hard shift. I will take it in to the dealer but have always had luck with the forum educating me before I talk with the service department. Any help would be appreciated.

Vette_DD 11-18-2008 08:29 PM

No such problem with my 06 A6. Also don't have that problem when backing down my sister's extremely steep driveway, then going from reverse to drive after I get to the street.

Daytona Bob 11-18-2008 08:50 PM

Howdy neighbor... Did you get the rear end repair work done yet?

Oh9C6 11-18-2008 08:56 PM

I would recommend posting this question on http://corvettemechanic.com/forum/index.php

No bulletins are posted for this problem.

danl72 11-18-2008 09:14 PM

I have not noticed any issues.

Brutus 08 Coupe 11-18-2008 10:19 PM

7 seconds is a long time. Take it to the dealer if under warranty (trade it if not). No delays that long in my '08 A6...

HawaiiC6 11-18-2008 10:32 PM

No problems with my 06 A6. Does this delay and hard shift happen only in the morning?

alienranch 11-18-2008 10:39 PM

7 seconds is way too long. Get it checked out.

Redrocket1045 11-18-2008 11:32 PM

A6 shifting

Originally Posted by bvanhoeven (Post 1567896810)
Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. In the morning, when backing the car out of the garage, shifting from reverse to drive there is a delay of about 7 seconds before it shifts hard into drive. I live in Jacksonville Florida so I don't think temperature is an issue. I have tried shifting from reverse to drive before backing the car out and it works just fine, but put it in reverse and back down the driveway (a small decline at the end) and try to go to drive and it will experience the same delay and hard shift. I will take it in to the dealer but have always had luck with the forum educating me before I talk with the service department. Any help would be appreciated.

Check with your GM stealership. GM TSB# PIP4395B (document ID 2180379)

* delayed/extended or delayed with a harsh feel initial Park to Drive and/ or Reverse to Drive, that are more likely to occur when the transmission temperatures is below approximately 40 degrees C.

Some customers may comment on a flare or harsh 2-3 shift.
Either way, the condition is caused by leaking 1-2-3-4 and 3-5-R clutch fluid seal rings.

Vehicles built in the January thru August time frame are more likely to have leaking fluid seal rings. Hope this helps.

bvanhoeven 11-19-2008 06:54 AM

Thanks for all the responses. Yes I have had the rear end work done, and it appears the shift is harder in the morning, but then in the afternoon after an extended shutdown (possibly cooler transmission temperature) it also occurs. Taking it into the dealer tomorrow will let you know what I find out.

Redrocket1045 11-20-2008 10:42 PM

A6 shifting

I just got my Vette back from the dealership and the trans is shifting fine. No more 2-3 flare. Oh - yea; they followed the TSB that I mentioned earlier. :cheers:

2006c6keller 11-22-2008 07:08 PM

Download for transmission lag.

There is a download for this problem of "lag" in the transmission. Take it to the dealer and have them download an update for this problem, I had it done on 2006 C6 A6. Be sure to describe what it is actually doing. Good luck!

Redrocket1045 11-23-2008 12:31 AM

A6 shifting

First, I had the dealer download the '08 TCM software to try to correct the A6 shifting flare. That didn't help. So - I took it back to the dealer for the August 2008 TSB. That fixed my problem. :cheers:

Avionics787 07-11-2012 08:36 PM

C6 transmission slammmed into gear

Here the problem:
Slammed into and out of gear within 2 seconds. Paddle shifters were
disabled. Car would not shift out of third gear (?)....45mph @ 2000 rpm.
Check engine light came "on"...stay on steady
Shutdown car and car shifts normally including the paddles. Engine light remains on...steady. GM TSB# PIP4395B (document ID 2180379) ?
Comments anybody and thanks in advance!

Avionics787

Vette_DD 07-11-2012 09:11 PM

Please do not retrieve old threads, especially if it's about a different problem. Start a new thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...s-or-more.html