CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Just purchased the AutoXray 3000...... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/2198263-just-purchased-the-autoxray-3000-a.html)

jim_hewett 12-04-2008 08:00 PM

Just purchased the AutoXray 3000......

OBD1 scanner for my 94. Anyone experienced using this tool??

Thanks

BluRay 12-19-2008 08:57 PM

I hope you got the special GM cable for scanning OBD1 with the OBD2 connector.

jim_hewett 12-19-2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by BluRay (Post 1568262525)
I hope you got the special GM cable for scanning OBD1 with the OBD2 connector.

Yes....the GM connector was included.

BluRay 12-19-2008 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jim_hewett (Post 1568262631)
Yes....the GM connector was included.

Is it purple? I can't remember. I know the standard cable is yellow, but the conversion cable was something different. Hope ya got it! Have fun with it. If you look for the thread "an offering for the techs" in either general or tech/perf. It has my user/pass for alldatadiy.com There you can find all the standard values for data output at idle, 2500rpm(or 55mph), and all the diagnostic flow charts for mfr. codes.

jim_hewett 12-20-2008 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by BluRay (Post 1568262816)
Is it purple? I can't remember. I know the standard cable is yellow, but the conversion cable was something different. Hope ya got it! Have fun with it. If you look for the thread "an offering for the techs" in either general or tech/perf. It has my user/pass for alldatadiy.com There you can find all the standard values for data output at idle, 2500rpm(or 55mph), and all the diagnostic flow charts for mfr. codes.

Blue w GM lettering

Cheers
Check 6

cwyates4 12-23-2008 02:54 PM

looking at getting one of these myself....hows it working for you so far? I really want to see knock counts, IAC valve activity, o2 readings, etc.

Weav's Vet 12-24-2008 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by cwyates4 (Post 1568304082)
looking at getting one of these myself....hows it working for you so far? I really want to see knock counts, IAC valve activity, o2 readings, etc.

I have the Auto X-Ray 6000. It's ok for what it is (software is kind of sucky) but for a little bit more money a Tech 1A would be a much better tool. They pop up on here for sale and in the bay every now and then.

helphos 11-27-2011 06:16 PM

Autoxray 3000- Great Tool

I know this is an old thread, but it came up when I was searching for an answer on this great tool. (Apologies to administrators- I think this meets the guidelines)

Auto Xray 3000s come up on the auction sites from time to time, but I bought one from Amazon. if you get one 'new', it comes in a great HD plastic case with cables for GM, Ford and Chrysler - ALL OBD 1 only. If you have a transition corvette ('94-95, I think) with the newer connector and older OBD1 software, you need a special cable, but it is available.

Quick review:

Easy to set up, and does lots of things- Best among them;
**Simple code scan and code clearing;
**Real time sensor reading of o2 sensors, TPS, RPMs, temp, and lots of other data. Helps to have a passsenger reading the data as you drive - the readings will vary due to driving conditions.
**Recording of a time sequence of real time data for a specific time period. Essentially set it up, drive off, and when you want to record the next 15 seconds or so of data, hit 'go' on the Autoxray. then read the data later when you're back home, or at Starbucks. :D

Now, the reason I'm posting is that I was looking for OBD 2 software for my daughter's 2002 ford. It's available as an upgrade to this unit. I got such a good deal, I'm thinking about buying it. Also need a real OBD2 cable though, and they're available at Amazon and elsewhere.
I was wondering if any members had bought the upgrade for a newer vehicle?? Share your experiences, please? :thumbs:

ddahlgren 11-28-2011 09:58 AM

Where is the upgrade available as just got off their site and did not see it. I have an EZ-scan 3000 and none of the text mentions OBDII. That I would love to have for my other cars.
Dave

helphos 11-28-2011 10:47 PM

OBD-II upgrades

Originally Posted by ddahlgren (Post 1579330539)
Where is the upgrade available as just got off their site and did not see it. I have an EZ-scan 3000 and none of the text mentions OBDII. That I would love to have for my other cars.
Dave

I believe this is the site for all the upgrades for models 3000 to 6000:
http://www.autoxray.com/product_category.php?id=343

The bad news is that there's a separate upgrade for each manufacturer. So if you have several different cars (I have Saturn, Honda and Ford), it gets a bit pricey (OBD2 cable being another $25 on top, but good for all manufacturers)
Before you order the upgrade,you might contact their tech support to verify that the model 3000 is not an orphan. (I think they are all very compatible, with the same SW version requirements to enable the OBD2 upgrade)

Good Luck

Paul