CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   $77 XM Radio Is Alive & Well (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2211973-77-xm-radio-is-alive-and-well.html)

Srebbie 12-24-2008 11:01 AM

$77 XM Radio Is Alive & Well

I just got my renewal letter from XM stating their wonderfully discounted rates of $142.45/year and up. I called & asked them what they could do for me. I didn't want more than a year as I wasn't sure they were in for the long haul & I don't use my car more than 7-8 months a year. When they wouldn't budge I told them I'll probably cancel so they transferred to their "Salvage Yard"(my name for it). They also offered me $142.45 which I declined. I said I'll probably just let the coverage lapse. As soon as I said that out came the $77 offer. I told them to book it. 10 minutes of my time was worth it.

:cool:

GotVett? 12-24-2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Srebbie (Post 1568313564)
I just got my renewal letter from XM stating their wonderfully discounted rates of $142.45/year and up. I called & asked them what they could do for me. I didn't want more than a year as I wasn't sure they were in for the long haul & I don't use my car more than 7-8 months a year. When they wouldn't budge I told them I'll probably cancel so they transferred to their "Salvage Yard"(my name for it). They also offered me $142.45 which I declined. I said I'll probably just let the coverage lapse. As soon as I said that out came the $77 offer. I told them to book it. 10 minutes of my time was worth it.

:cool:

Good to know. :thumbs:

peter pan 12-24-2008 11:08 AM

Awesome that they will still do this and I got mine last month for the $77:cheers:

C-INRED 12-24-2008 11:09 AM

Be nice but be firm (and patient) and the $77 deal will be your reward. :thumbs:

Glen1224 12-24-2008 11:10 AM

FYI: I got this in my e-mail on Dec 19th 2008. NOTE the $77 for 12 months listed below.

We have some good news to share now that SIRIUS and XM* have merged:
new programming and new pricing plans.

XM has a new lineup with over 170 channels of premier music, sports, news, and entertainment from both XM and SIRIUS. With the XM Everything package you can now experience new channels and programs, new personalities, legendary DJs, and celebrity hosts for an unsurpassed entertainment experience.

Also, for the first time on your XM Radio, you can add The Best of SIRIUS, which brings together some of SIRIUS’s heaviest hitters.

The NFLŪ on SIRIUS. Hear every NFLŪ game, every week, plus 24/7 news and analysis on SIRIUS NFLŪ Radio.

Two dedicated channels of Howard Stern. Hear the Howard Stern Show live, with repeats all day and much more.

Hear every NASCARŪ race, plus 24/7 news and analysis on SIRIUS NASCARŪ Radio.

Martha Stewart and her lifestyle experts will teach, advise, and inspire you on the first 24-hour radio channel dedicated to great living.

Along with an updated channel lineup, there are new prices and plans available.

XM Everything - Over 170 channels to find what turns you on! From music channels, sports, news, talk and original channels like Oprah & FriendsŪ.
$4.99†/month for first 3 months or $77† for 12 months

News, Sports + Talk - Over 55 channels give you just the facts: great news, talk, and sports channels.
$9.99/month

Mostly Music - Over 60 channels of XM's best commercial-free music. A good choice for budget-conscious music lovers.
$9.99/month

XM Everything Plus The Best of SIRIUS - Over 180 channels, including every XM channel, Plus The Best of SIRIUS. For the first time, you can have it all! $16.99/month

SEE A PACKAGE THAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU?

It’s All In One Place: New exclusive programming. More choices. Better value. All on your current radio.

For more information, visit www.gm.xmradio.com.

Sincerely,
Richard M. Lee
Executive Director
Satellite Radio Services
GM

Gene Culley 12-24-2008 05:04 PM

It seems I have problems with XM from time to time because I switch cars and XM units and all. The try to decline me for the $77 deal.

The last time I just said to the woman when she said no is... I can go ahead and be put through the trouble to be transferred to the cancellation department and then they'll cancel and immediately within a few business days I will get phone calls, emails and regular mail begging me to come back for the $77.

So... you can either give me the deal now or XM can waste a bunch of money sending me postal mail and emails and love notes on how much they would love to have me back?

She said... I'm not really authorized to do this, but I'll give you the deal. I said thanks.. and I got the deal.

My story was true though... I did cancel once because they wouldn't give me the deal and within a week I was getting phone calls, emails and postal mail with the 50% offers.

It's just a game of poker with XM.

This last time on my 2nd unit... she also offered me $19.95 for 5 months which I took, so you might be able to get that deal as well.

JayO 12-24-2008 06:03 PM

I carry the $77 XM deal on the Vette but just bought a new car with Sirius. Wish you could play the same game with them - so far it looks to be a lot more expensive.

danl72 12-24-2008 06:07 PM

Cool.

StrayDog 12-24-2008 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by peter pan (Post 1568313651)
Awesome that they will still do this and I got mine last month for the $77:cheers:

me to,:thumbs: 3 years in a row...............

WHT 12-24-2008 09:27 PM

We are starting our fourth year at $77.

Given the current economy, I would imagine they are thrilled to get $77.

wld35 12-24-2008 09:30 PM

My trial subscription ended uncermoniously Saturday, four days ago. Do you wait for XM to call you or do you contact them? I expected a phone call before it lapsed. For $77, i would renew.

Quasar21 12-24-2008 09:31 PM

Got it for $64.05 by putting it on my card rather than being invoiced. (A month free... deducted from the $77)

branmin 12-24-2008 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Quasar05 (Post 1568319746)
Got it for $64.05 by putting it on my card rather than being invoiced. (A month free... deducted from the $77)

Just wait and see what happens to you next year when they will automatically deduct from your CC over $145.00:smash:..........buyer beware..I would suggest to you that you email them online and ask them to confirm to you in writing that you forbid them to do this without your authority first..........

Fredro Starr 12-24-2008 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by branmin (Post 1568320283)
Just wait and see what happens to you next year when they will automatically deduct from your CC over $145.00:smash:..........buyer beware..I would suggest to you that you email them online and ask them to confirm to you in writing that you forbid them to do this without your authority first..........

:iagree:

gotjuice? 12-25-2008 12:16 AM

I have tried several times to renew at the 77 rate. I was not able to renew. They allowed mine to cancel. I still have not renewed. I will do it at the 77 rate, but not at the 144 rate. One time they said they would do it, but I had to give them the cc number. I declined!

BigSlick 12-25-2008 05:41 AM

Great...:thumbs:

LowFlight 12-25-2008 06:11 AM

How long is your new car free XM last? Dad just bought a new Z06 and doesn't have a clue? I am not stupid enough to buy new cars...so I don't know either?

keyplyr 12-25-2008 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Quasar05 (Post 1568319746)

That's what they offered me but I still canceled since they discontinued 3 of the 5 stations I liked.

BigButtLover 12-25-2008 07:24 AM

That's good news.

GOLD72 12-25-2008 02:56 PM

Never ever give XM a credit card number. You will be fighting with them next year on the overage due auto renewal at the full rate. I have gotten the $77 deal 3 years in a row. You just have to be tough enough to go thru with cancellation.