CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southeast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast-42/)
-   -   Southwest Florida roll call. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southeast/2215103-southwest-florida-roll-call.html)

DRLC5 12-29-2008 10:31 PM

Southwest Florida roll call.

How many forum members from the Fort myers area? Include Port Charlotte to Naples. how about a get together? We could do a gentlemans club night out? or a group meet cruise night or both? lets put something together.:thumbs:

AntneeD 12-29-2008 11:56 PM

FM here!!! Go SWFLA!!!!!

Mike's Sweet 19 12-30-2008 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by DRLC5 (Post 1568367020)
How many forum members from the Fort myers area? Include Port Charlotte to Naples. how about a get together? We could do a gentlemans club night out? or a group meet cruise night or both? lets put something together.:thumbs:

DRLC5,
This sounds great. How do you want to get started?

I do not know if you know about all the cruise-in events that take place in the FM and CC area during the week and on Saturday night.

Also there are a lot of car show in January around the FM, CC and Naples area. Here is a web site for the cruise-in www.CruiseNewsOnline.com

Are you new to the area?? Are you interested in a corvette club?

There is a cruise-in at the Winn Dixe parking lot at the intersection of SR 80 and Buckingham road, East of Fort Myers on Thursday nights and there is one by the Red Hot Chile Peppers car club at Foster Grill in Cape Coral on Wednesdays. The 3rd Saturday of the month there is a cruise in at the Sonic Drive in on Gladiolus Dr and Winkler RD.

Toyota is hosting a car show at its show room facility on Jan 4th and Corvettes on the Gulf will be presenting its constituent's cars. This would be a great place to meet fellow corvette owners.

Mike

Edshore007 12-30-2008 01:09 AM

Check out Corvette's on the gulf's web page for information.

DRLC5 12-30-2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mike's Sweet 05 (Post 1568368364)
DRLC5,
This sounds great. How do you want to get started?

I do not know if you know about all the cruise-in events that take place in the FM and CC area during the week and on Saturday night.

Also there are a lot of car show in January around the FM, CC and Naples area. Here is a web site for the cruise-in www.CruiseNewsOnline.com

Are you new to the area?? Are you interested in a corvette club?

There is a cruise-in at the Winn Dixe parking lot at the intersection of SR 80 and Buckingham road, East of Fort Myers on Thursday nights and there is one by the Red Hot Chile Peppers car club at Foster Grill in Cape Coral on Wednesdays. The 3rd Saturday of the month there is a cruise in at the Sonic Drive in on Gladiolus Dr and Winkler RD.

Toyota is hosting a car show at its show room facility on Jan 4th and Corvettes on the Gulf will be presenting its constituent's cars. This would be a great place to meet fellow corvette owners.

Mike

Thanks for the info I will check it out, No not new to the area been here for ever lol. also my 5th Vette. Just looking for something a little different to do. I will check out some of the events you have posted. Thanks again.

VetBoyZR1 12-30-2008 10:13 AM

Damn, I'm just outside the area of acceptability.

mewillis 12-30-2008 11:04 AM

Here........

Mike's Sweet 19 12-30-2008 06:57 PM

Vette owner get together

Originally Posted by DRLC5 (Post 1568367020)

From all the answers to your posting there are like minds in the area so what process could you use to pull together a place to meet. I am actually in the Buckingham area (out by the HUT) but someplace on Daniels Dr might be acceptable especially for the folks in Naples and Marco Is. I know that there are restaurants all along Daniels on either side of the interstate exit.

What do you think of that idea.

Mike

Mike's Sweet 19 12-30-2008 07:01 PM

Corvettes on the Gulf Member

Originally Posted by Edshore007 (Post 1568368406)
Check out Corvette's on the gulf's web page for information.

I am a CotG member.:flag: How about you??

Mike

als2052 12-30-2008 09:13 PM

Count me in as well...Will be at the Toyota show too...

86_Vette 12-30-2008 09:57 PM

Are you guys up for a nice cruise across the alley? South Florida Cruise In/Lunch :cheers:

als2052 12-31-2008 03:40 PM

A Saturday date would have been better...

Datawiz 12-31-2008 03:56 PM

:seeya

Setting up an event for 1/31 right now and another for late Feb/early March.

I'll post the link as soon as it's ready. :cheers:

DRLC5 12-31-2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 86_Vette (Post 1568378985)
Are you guys up for a nice cruise across the alley? South Florida Cruise In/Lunch :cheers:

That sounds good.:thumbs:

DRLC5 12-31-2008 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Datawiz (Post 1568387281)
:seeya

Setting up an event for 1/31 right now and another for late Feb/early March.

I'll post the link as soon as it's ready. :cheers:

Please keep us posted. :thumbs:

DRLC5 12-31-2008 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mike's Sweet 05 (Post 1568376549)
From all the answers to your posting there are like minds in the area so what process could you use to pull together a place to meet. I am actually in the Buckingham area (out by the HUT) but someplace on Daniels Dr might be acceptable especially for the folks in Naples and Marco Is. I know that there are restaurants all along Daniels on either side of the interstate exit.

Mike

Sounds good Mike. I am away for next couple of days,We can make this happen,Im pretty open. No I am not a member of Cotgc?

Datawiz 12-31-2008 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by DRLC5 (Post 1568387299)
Please keep us posted. :thumbs:

Here you go:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...post1568387732

Datawiz 12-31-2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mike's Sweet 05 (Post 1568376549)

Mike

You will like this event:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...post1568387732

CoastalRAP 12-31-2008 05:48 PM

Count me in too. Is this something you want to become an once only or reoccurring event?

There is also the Breakfast Club on the second Saturday of the month very informal make it if you can gathering held at a different place each month. January 10th will be at the Delorean Motor Company on Bonita Beach Rd. (wish I could make that one :toetap:)

There is also a every Saturday night cruise in in Naples we could all meet at as well.

I thought of it too late I should have held an New Years Day drop by open house at my place. :cheers:

DRLC5 01-01-2009 10:23 AM

Any one for a Sunday drive/lunch to Marco? Maybe the Nacho Mama Mexican restaurant looked good? If you dont like Mexican food there is also Seafood and Italian food next door. How does Sunday 1/18/09 sound? Any one from Marco on here have any suggestions?