CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   EGR pin for '08 corvette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/2218647-egr-pin-for-08-corvette.html)

ktoonsez 01-03-2009 07:04 PM

EGR pin for '08 corvette

I must be blind but I can not find a pin-out diagram for the '08 conv. corvette for the life of me (pretty sure '08 is has the E38 and it only has 2 main plugs and they are both black). Have looked at many many threads here but they all deal with other years and PCM's. The closest thing I have found is this link for an '07 Z06 but no EGR pin could be found and I'm not sure it is even the same plugs as mine: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...40#post6553040

Help PLEASE!

GMautotech 01-03-2009 07:21 PM

So are you looking for the EGR location or just the ECM pinout diagrams? There are no EGR's on the C6's and the 07-08 ECM's do have only 2 connectors.

ktoonsez 01-03-2009 07:46 PM

I want to wire my wideband 5V output to the ECM (currently using the A/C pressure switch cheat and want to stop that because I am sick of not having heat and a/c). The EGR pin (I know the car doesn't have the sensor but supposidly the pin is still there) is a 5 volt input and wanted to hook it up that way. If there is another way that you guys know of that is any easier than trying to figure out those connectors I am all ears:-)

Corpsvette 01-03-2009 07:49 PM

Just curious what the EGR signal is good for? I see a few people refer to it as a way to tune but I don't quite understand how.

Jim

Corpsvette 01-03-2009 07:53 PM

Oops, guess we were typing at the same time. I would like the answer to as I have an LM-1 and have been trying to find a better way to hook up the sensor. Are you saying that through the EGR pinouts your can get an accurate wideband reading without using a sensor? Please educate me!

Jim

Originally Posted by ktoonsez (Post 1568423132)
I want to wire my wideband 5V output to the ECM (currently using the A/C pressure switch cheat and want to stop that because I am sick of not having heat and a/c). The EGR pin (I know the car doesn't have the sensor but supposidly the pin is still there) is a 5 volt input and wanted to hook it up that way. If there is another way that you guys know of that is any easier than trying to figure out those connectors I am all ears:-)

ktoonsez 01-03-2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Corpsvette (Post 1568423226)
Oops, guess we were typing at the same time. I would like the answer to as I have an LM-1 and have been trying to find a better way to hook up the sensor. Are you saying that through the EGR pinouts your can get an accurate wideband reading without using a sensor? Please educate me!

Jim

It doesn't replace the sensor, I just want to use that pin to take the 5 volt output from the wideband (In your case the LM-1's yellow wire I believe) into a 5 volt input on the ECM, in this case, the pin that an EGR would be wired up to in EGR equiped vehicles.

GMautotech 01-04-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ktoonsez (Post 1568423132)

I see what your saying, but the software is not going to be in the ECM for monitoring the EGR. The ECM would not 'read' the input.

ktoonsez 01-04-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by GMautotech (Post 1568429006)
I see what your saying, but the software is not going to be in the ECM for monitoring the EGR. The ECM would not 'read' the input.

From what I have read (granted this is on '07 and older vettes) there is just a switch that I have access to in HPTuners to enable it in the PCM so it will read the input.

GMautotech 01-04-2009 09:38 PM

Then give pin #55 in the Grey C2 connector a try. That's the EGR position input. But then there might be tuning issues when the ECM thinks there is going to be exhaust gases recirculated through the engine and tries to adjust the A/F accordingly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%202/E38C2.gif

ktoonsez 01-04-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by GMautotech (Post 1568436277)
Then give pin #55 in the Grey C2 connector a try. That's the EGR position input. But then there might be tuning issues when the ECM thinks there is going to be exhaust gases recirculated through the engine and tries to adjust the A/F accordingly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%202/E38C2.gif

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your time. Just one more thing if you would, my connectors both have a black cover on them, so if your staring at the ECM still mounted from the wheel well, is it the upper or the lower connector?

GMautotech 01-05-2009 07:07 PM

I'm not sure on that one.

'VETTE PHASE 01-21-2009 12:04 AM

If it shows a reading in "Table Display" then it must exist, right? or it would say "unsupported parameter". This is an 05 E40.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...0c-5/egr-1.jpg

VinceTrifecta 04-26-2009 02:55 PM

I just did some experimentation on this, today, as I'm interested in finding an analog input on the E38, also.

The EGR position signal input is pin #47 on the GREY connector for the 2008 E38. However, you can't just attach a signal to this pin and expect it to be read (and data-loggable) by the ECM because, as was stated above, the EGR routines are all disabled in the Corvette calibration because there is no EGR on this vehicle.

By "flipping" this EGR enable bit in the cal, however, the ECM can be made to read and datalog this input. The other issue is, also mentioned above, what side effects may occur as a result of enabling the routines. Some testing on my car is in order. ;-)

'VETTE PHASE 05-22-2009 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by VinceTrifecta (Post 1569856463)
The other issue is, also mentioned above, what side effects may occur as a result of enabling the routines.

There will be no issues as it has been done on the C5s for years. There won't be issues because even though it is reading a voltage, there are no parameters in the ECM for EGR, so even though it will be reading a voltage, there is nothing in the tune to tell it to do anything based on these readings.

RWTD 05-28-2009 10:33 PM

Bingo, as 2000C-5 said.

'VETTE PHASE 07-29-2009 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by VinceTrifecta (Post 1569856463)
I just did some experimentation on this, today, as I'm interested in finding an analog input on the E38, also.

The EGR position signal input is pin #47 on the GREY connector for the 2008 E38. However, you can't just attach a signal to this pin and expect it to be read (and data-loggable) by the ECM because, as was stated above, the EGR routines are all disabled in the Corvette calibration because there is no EGR on this vehicle.

By "flipping" this EGR enable bit in the cal, however, the ECM can be made to read and datalog this input. The other issue is, also mentioned above, what side effects may occur as a result of enabling the routines. Some testing on my car is in order. ;-)

Any updates?

CamaroCracka 09-13-2014 09:00 AM

I did this on a 2010 Camaro. I tried pin 47 to no avail. Just before I was about to switch to using the AC method I tried pin 55 on the gray connector for the hell of it and it worked like a charm.

My tuner did have to enable the EGR, but I knew that was necessary before I started.

Ahrmike 06-27-2019 07:51 PM

bumping... Is it 47 or 55? LS3, 2010. Also there is no EGR enable on my HPT, however there is an EGR map under timing (all zeroed) and I can "log" EGR voltage as zero.