CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   I test drove an 09 CTS-V today............... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/2218735-i-test-drove-an-09-cts-v-today.html)

FreddyG 01-03-2009 09:38 PM

I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............

I have a chance to get GMS (employee pricing.......Thanks Dave :cheers:) on an 09 CTS-V and went to look at it and drive it today. I wanted to see if it was worth all of the hype!

It is The NICEST Sedan GM has EVER made PERIOD! :yesnod:

The interior is Top Shelf and has hand stitching for the leather in the car (I compared it to our 04 MB E500's interior and it's just as nice, if not nicer). I just sat in it with the salesman and just looked at everything with my jaw open!

The car handles like it's on rails and brakes better than anything that I've driven! I had the salesman looking for the panic straps or whatever they're called! I don't blame him because he doesn't know how good or bad I drive!

As far as power, I'm used to my car (500-525 rwhp), so the Vee didn't seem as quick to me as some might think. I will say though, that it is Very quick for a stock OEM vehicle, especially with a warranty!

I'm sleeping on it over the weekend to figure if I want to sell my Vette for it! Decisions, decisions! :willy:

ben dover 01-03-2009 11:13 PM

They are very nicely turned out, keep the vette AND get the V.:thumbs:

MVR 155 01-04-2009 11:22 AM

The new V is sex on wheels, I have not seen it in person yet but have looked at it very thoroughly online and it looks like they did a fantastic job with the car.

I will be in the market for a new DD in the next 12-18 months so it will definately be on my short list..... my only concern is driving it in the snow. My fiance takes the train to work so I have access to whichever vehicle I choose 90% of the time but there are times when both cars (Hummer and Acura) need to be in service so I do need something that can make it through a Chicago winter...... hopefully there will be a snow/winter tire availible otherwise I will be picking up a Audi S4 (cant stand the looks of the new TL)

FreddyG 01-04-2009 01:31 PM

That would make my decision Much easier, but I couldn't afford it! My Vette is paid off, but my other dough is tied up! I'd sell the Vette and buy the Vee. I'll probably wait until next year and find a Nice used, one! :cheers:

Originally Posted by MVR 155 (Post 1568429248)
The new V is sex on wheels, I have not seen it in person yet but have looked at it very thoroughly online and it looks like they did a fantastic job with the car.

I will be in the market for a new DD in the next 12-18 months so it will definately be on my short list..... my only concern is driving it in the snow. My fiance takes the train to work so I have access to whichever vehicle I choose 90% of the time but there are times when both cars (Hummer and Acura) need to be in service so I do need something that can make it through a Chicago winter...... hopefully there will be a snow/winter tire availible otherwise I will be picking up a Audi S4 (cant stand the looks of the new TL)

First let me say that this is NOT a photchop! He really does drive this in the snow with snow tires, so yes it can be done! You just have to be willing to do it!

Please don't let that stop you from buying one of these cars! My advice is that if you're undecided on which car would be best for you, then drive the Vee and believe me, your decision will become MUCH easier! :yesnod:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/...ebec1441_o.jpg

ST31 01-04-2009 03:36 PM

Drove my friends white one last night. Got to say it is really a nice car and I want one as well.

What does the employee pricing come out to be?

FreddyG 01-04-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ST31 (Post 1568431900)
Drove my friends white one last night. Got to say it is really a nice car and I want one as well.

On a car that listed for $65k (navigation, ultra view roof and Gas Guzzler tax of $2600 :eek:), the price was $57,902. That's an amazing deal, but I don't want a car payment!

I'm thinking the way that you are, in that next year, I'll find one with the Recaro seat option ($3400) for in the forties! You know how cars hold their value! :lol:

Umrswimr 01-04-2009 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1568434374)
On a car that listed for $65k (navigation, ultra view roof and Gas Guzzler tax of $2600 :eek:), the price was $57,902. That's an amazing deal, but I don't want a car payment!

I'm thinking the way that you are, in that next year, I'll find one with the Recaro seat option ($3400) for in the forties! You know how cars hold their value! :lol:

I'm thinking the same thing.... Used CTS-V in 2010!

JerriVette 01-04-2009 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1568434374)

I'm digging the CTS V too...! Awesome car..and I too am considering one down the road..as depreciation takes a bit of the edge off one...

Fwiw...with snow tires the guys over at cadillac forum are saying the V is just fine for winter snow driving. (as the photo above shows) Snow tires and the CTS V will be a great daily driver...

FreddyG 01-04-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JerriVette (Post 1568436766)
I'm digging the CTS V too...! Awesome car..and I too am considering one down the road..as depreciation takes a bit of the edge off one...

Fwiw...with snow tires the guys over at cadillac forum are saying the V is just fine for winter snow driving. (as the photo above shows) Snow tires and the CTS V will be a great daily driver...

My wife said that if I get the Vee, then we can sell our other car and get an SUV for the snowy, Illinois winters! GOD, I Love that woman! :D

EVIL_C5 01-05-2009 10:46 AM

god I want one!!!!

MVR 155 01-05-2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1568430637)
That would make my decision Much easier, but I couldn't afford it! My Vette is paid off, but my other dough is tied up! I'd sell the Vette and buy the Vee. I'll probably wait until next year and find a Nice used, one! :cheers:

First let me say that this is NOT a photchop! He really does drive this in the snow with snow tires, so yes it can be done! You just have to be willing to do it!

Please don't let that stop you from buying one of these cars! My advice is that if you're undecided on which car would be best for you, then drive the Vee and believe me, your decision will become MUCH easier! :yesnod:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/...ebec1441_o.jpg

Good to know about the snow tires, I agree that most vehicles outfitted with the proper tire are only limited to ground clearance. I will most likely begin my search about this time next year, I will definately have my sights set on a gently used V (plan on driving one sooner than later) ..... also curious to see if any bugs appear as these get put into circulation over the course of this year.

FreddyG 01-05-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by MVR 155 (Post 1568440916)
Good to know about the snow tires, I agree that most vehicles outfitted with the proper tire are only limited to ground clearance. I will most likely begin my search about this time next year, I will definately have my sights set on a gently used V (plan on driving one sooner than later) ..... also curious to see if any bugs appear as these get put into circulation over the course of this year.

He said that the snows work well, as long as you stay out of the throttle. That will get you into trouble..........BIG Trouble!

I told myself to NEVER buy a first year car because of the reason that you just mentioned!

I recommend that you don't drive one until you're Serious about buying it, because as my salesman said......."The car sells itself!"

It's not close to as quick as my Vette, but for a Box Stock, warrantied car, it's about as close to perfection as you can get! It handles like it's on rails, it's got Great power (once again for an OEM, off the lot car), and I can't tell you how comfortable and refined it is, especially when you consider it's a GM product!

Nothing against the General, but GM interiors keep plastic suppliers stock up, if you know what I mean. I'd put the interior of the Vee right up there with just about anything from Germany............ it's that good!

I WILL have one, just not this year! :cheers:

MVR 155 01-05-2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1568442685)
He said that the snows work well, as long as you stay out of the throttle. That will get you into trouble..........BIG Trouble!

I told myself to NEVER buy a first year car because of the reason that you just mentioned!

I recommend that you don't drive one until you're Serious about buying it, because as my salesman said......."The car sells itself!"

It's not close to as quick as my Vette, but for a Box Stock, warrantied car, it's about as close to perfection as you can get! It handles like it's on rails, it's got Great power (once again for an OEM, off the lot car), and I can't tell you how comfortable and refined it is, especially when you consider it's a GM product!

Nothing against the General, but GM interiors keep plastic suppliers stock up, if you know what I mean. I'd put the interior of the Vee right up there with just about anything from Germany............ it's that good!

I WILL have one, just not this year! :cheers:

Performance wise Im absolutely sure that it will smoke my current daily driver (2007 Acura TL Type S), my vette moves good but its pretty lightly modded so Im sure I will be quite impressed with the performance of the V. I hear what you say about waiting till Im ready to buy..... I would imagine its one of those "if you try it... you will buy it" kind of cars :D

Mopar Jimmy 01-06-2009 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1568424382)
I have a chance to get GMS (employee pricing.......Thanks Dave :cheers:) on an 09 CTS-V and went to look at it and drive it today. I wanted to see if it was worth all of the hype!

It is The NICEST Sedan GM has EVER made PERIOD! :yesnod:

The interior is Top Shelf and has hand stitching for the leather in the car (I compared it to our 04 MB E500's interior and it's just as nice, if not nicer). I just sat in it with the salesman and just looked at everything with my jaw open!

The car handles like it's on rails and brakes better than anything that I've driven! I had the salesman looking for the panic straps or whatever they're called! I don't blame him because he doesn't know how good or bad I drive!

As far as power, I'm used to my car (500-525 rwhp), so the Vee didn't seem as quick to me as some might think. I will say though, that it is Very quick for a stock OEM vehicle, especially with a warranty!

I'm sleeping on it over the weekend to figure if I want to sell my Vette for it! Decisions, decisions! :willy:

AWESOME CAR no doubt, but if it means giving up your faster supercharged vette to get it I would keep the vette (especially since its paid for)! :cheers:

In a couple of years pick up a used Caddy CTS-V, nice low miles, maybe 2 or 3 years old, fully depreciated and maybe you can end up with both! :cool:

Of course the decision is yours and yours only my friend and this is the type of stuff that keeps me up at night! :crazy: :eek: :crazy:

FreddyG 01-06-2009 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06 (Post 1568450674)
AWESOME CAR no doubt, but if it means giving up your faster supercharged vette to get it I would keep the vette (especially since its paid for)! :cheers:

In a couple of years pick up a used Caddy CTS-V, nice low miles, maybe 2 or 3 years old, fully depreciated and maybe you can end up with both! :cool:

Of course the decision is yours and yours only my friend and this is the type of stuff that keeps me up at night! :crazy: :eek: :crazy:

Thanks for the Good advice Jim! :cheers:

Believe me, I lost some sleep running scenarios in my head and on paper! I did tell the salesman that I know that if I got rid of my Vette, that I'd probably regret it, so I wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing, because once my car's gone there is no getting it back! When my car stops bringing a smile to my face, then it's gone..............It still makes me smile! :D

That's kind of what I was thinking, but didn't think about the 2-3 year part, especially after making the mistake of driving it! What a Beautifully built, engineered car! I Definitely got caught up in the hype (which is Well deserved)!

Thank You again for the advice and you just helped me decide to try the 2-3 year plan! Now I have to learn patience! :eek:

Mopar Jimmy 01-06-2009 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 (Post 1568450975)
Thanks for the Good advice Jim! :cheers:

Believe me, I lost some sleep running scenarios in my head and on paper! I did tell the salesman that I know that if I got rid of my Vette, that I'd probably regret it, so I wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing, because once my car's gone there is no getting it back! When my car stops bringing a smile to my face, then it's gone..............It still makes me smile! :D

That's kind of what I was thinking, but didn't think about the 2-3 year part, especially after making the mistake of driving it! What a Beautifully built, engineered car! I Definitely got caught up in the hype (which is Well deserved)!

Thank You again for the advice and you just helped me decide to try the 2-3 year plan! Now I have to learn patience! :eek:

I am sincerely happy if I was able to help you out with your decision and shedding some light for you my friend! :cheers:
Now if I would just take my own advice I would be in a lot stronger financial position than I am right now (as these hot rods are killing me)! :crazy: :eek: :crazy:

By the way, how do you like your Nitto Drags? I am leaning that way for 2009 as I know they won't hook me up on the street but will probably be the best trade off between a nice sticky street tire, without giving up a ton in handling and overall drivability.

Wanderer Z06 01-24-2009 11:55 PM

I want to park one in my driveway just like this one.:smiliedrool:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...nt1360x768.jpg

Damm I like the grill.

FreddyG 01-26-2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06 (Post 1568458635)
I am sincerely happy if I was able to help you out with your decision and shedding some light for you my friend! :cheers:
Now if I would just take my own advice I would be in a lot stronger financial position than I am right now (as these hot rods are killing me)! :crazy: :eek: :crazy:

By the way, how do you like your Nitto Drags? I am leaning that way for 2009 as I know they won't hook me up on the street but will probably be the best trade off between a nice sticky street tire, without giving up a ton in handling and overall drivability.

Everyone knows that it's easier to give advice than to take it! :D

As far as the Nitto's, they work Great for me, but you've got quite a bit more power than I do. If I were to do it again, I'd look at the Toyo RA1's or Nitto RII's just for the fact that they give up a little in straightline efficiency, but give back in the corners. I remember you tracking your car at the Autobahn and if you're going to do that, the R's wouldn't work too well!

If I stall mine up a bit (Yank SY3500 converter with a 1.71 STR), they'll spin for a couple turns and then go like heck! They have to be hot though!

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06 (Post 1568682779)
I want to park one in my driveway just like this one.:smiliedrool:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...nt1360x768.jpg

Damm I like the grill.

I saw that! :smiliedrool:

shawn h. 01-26-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by ST31 (Post 1568431900)

I didn't know they come in White, anyone has any pics??

FreddyG 01-27-2009 12:18 AM

Here's a couple that I have:

That Diamond white is Gorgeous and I'd like to get one in that color, but I'd be afraid to drive it because touch ups from rock chips would be tough! The solution is to wrap the car in 3M paint protection, but that could get pricey! :yesnod:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...e_Diamond1.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...e_Diamond2.jpg