CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   2009 Corvette Centennial Concept (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/2249241-2009-corvette-centennial-concept.html)

C6Someday 02-11-2009 01:03 PM

2009 Corvette Centennial Concept

Official pictures, this will be the Vette in the upcoming Transformers film.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....tcorvette2.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....tcorvette4.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....tcorvette6.jpg

Enjoy the pics, credit goes to Autoblog over where I found them. I'm also a firm believer that the C7 will take a load of design cues from this concept including that ultra agressive rear-end.

MerlinZero 02-11-2009 03:56 PM

This is absolutely incredible

Quil 02-11-2009 06:50 PM

I see a lot of C3 in that.

rideintothesun 02-11-2009 07:56 PM

im not feeling this at all, totally ruined it for me :(

ST Graveyard 02-12-2009 12:04 PM

http://www.autowereld.com/autonieuws...p?artikel=7520

This car is absolutely gorgeous! Finally!

SS MPSTR 02-12-2009 01:23 PM

Uglier than a bag of a$$**les after all the pretty ones picked out. Absolutely repulsive.

ST Graveyard 02-12-2009 06:15 PM

People that completely badmouth this car just don't get it in my opinion...
To me, this is what the industry needs. The Corvette has always been depicted as "America's Sportscar". Well, design wise, the C4, C5 and C6 are not really much to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes with all my heart, and the later models are fantastic cars (especially the engine), but the design just can't compete anymore with the old Vettes. Those car made a difference, the new models really don't.

However, this concept. My god, I love it. It should be toned down, but just a little. Add the typical 4 lights at the back. Leave the rest. The sideview is simply breathtaking. If they would put in a ZR1 engine in this thing, in my opinion it can compete with things like a Reventon.

Mr Mitchell is smiling in his grave. And I bet mr Shinoda loves it too!
Thank you GM, you finally did it again. This is the most beautiful design coming from the USA since the first Viper!

I just hope the C7 looks like it, and is as in your face as this one. That is part of what Corvette is about!

just my 2 cents.

Maarten

JMc 02-15-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by ST Graveyard (Post 1568923662)
People that completely badmouth this car just don't get it in my opinion...
To me, this is what the industry needs. The Corvette has always been depicted as "America's Sportscar". Well, design wise, the C4, C5 and C6 are not really much to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes with all my heart, and the later models are fantastic cars (especially the engine), but the design just can't compete anymore with the old Vettes. Those car made a difference, the new models really don't.

However, this concept. My god, I love it. It should be toned down, but just a little. Add the typical 4 lights at the back. Leave the rest. The sideview is simply breathtaking. If they would put in a ZR1 engine in this thing, in my opinion it can compete with things like a Reventon.

Mr Mitchell is smiling in his grave. And I bet mr Shinoda loves it too!
Thank you GM, you finally did it again. This is the most beautiful design coming from the USA since the first Viper!

I just hope the C7 looks like it, and is as in your face as this one. That is part of what Corvette is about!

just my 2 cents.

Maarten

:iagree: Totally. :cheers: For the haters, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. I for one, am RELIEVED to see a new, radical, forward-thinking design that blasts the Corvette into the 21st Century, at last. There's only so much "retro" that will fly. This one keeps it to a minimum and totally redefines the car at the same time. If you hate this one, then you must hate a lot of other Euro supercars as well.

Picturing this thing in black... Wow.

Z06wanted 02-19-2009 04:56 PM

Looks like the Batmobile.

reindb 02-20-2009 04:06 PM

I'd buy one.

That is gorgeous.

XotiK ZO6 02-20-2009 07:18 PM

Great for the movie... but you know it is a little weird for me. It does not have the appeal of the C5 or the C6.

They could be onto something with some smoothing of the lines and a little less batmobile.

-vet 02-23-2009 01:49 PM

the second coming...

Unfortunately it will take a lot more than a new Corvette to save GM. Still the Sideswipe has an absolutely mesmerizing look about it. The side profile is superb. I agree with what was said about the back needing to be toned down but for long time Corvette owners this is like the second coming of Bill Mitchell. I can see Stingray racer, the Corvette SS, split window coupe and a Mako Shark all woven into a 21st century dream machine...
It is not for nothing that the Stingray racer was Ed Welburn's favourite car from DAY 1 on the job at GM. He was the one who insisted that the '59 Stingray be refurbished and restored to the jewel that it is today.

Blue Angel 02-24-2009 01:13 PM

The way the front fenders interface with the grille panel needs alot of work... not liking those leftover gaps/crevaces.

The rear shows promise, but lacks support for the quad round tail lights. Needs work.

Side profile looks great.

To "production-ize" this body the greenhouse needs to get wider and the side windows need to stand at a more upright angle. This will drive into the top of the door as well, removing alot of drama from the fender-2-door interface. Rear fenders would need to come down a bit.

A real challenge would be to make a pointed front end like that meed the 5mph bumper requirements. That's a pretty small area to absorb an impact.

I like most of the concept's styling direction, but I think to make that into a practical everyday Corvette would kill most of what makes it look so good. Too hard to package IMO.

andy82 02-24-2009 02:23 PM

:U
:leaving:

C6roadster 02-25-2009 02:38 AM

Omg!!!!

That thing is Georgous! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I totally agree with ST Graveyard :iagree::iagree::iagree: ........ and this is just where the 21st century Corvette needs to go; tone it down a bit??? How about, ever so slightly, maybe! THAT CAR IS HOT~
I'm having my 08 converted into a Callaway next month; now after seeing this; OH GOD, PLS DONT MAKE THIS CAR TOO SOON! My wife will MOST CERTAINLY divorce me AFTER she SHOOTS me for sure!
Yes Sir, that car with LS7 as the base motor, available in auto or manual-WOW, A NO-BRAINER!
Hmmmmm. Can you imagine that in a convertible??? :eek::eek:
:cheers::cheers:

My .02 cents too! :flag:

aspenz06 02-26-2009 09:06 PM

Say it aint so!

Oh please tell me this is not what GM thinks is the future of an American automotive icon! I know that it is just a "concept" right now, but this is a bit over the top. Too many angles. If folks want to throw in the Euro supercars into this equation, my opinion is that a Ferrari, Lambo, or Konnegsegg makes this look like crap. Those cars angles and creases are there for a reason...function. But this car looks like it was MADE for a movie part. Batmobile does come to mind. Don't get me wrong, I am a Corvette guy through and through. I have had a '69 and love the body style of that and also love the look of my current C5. The C6 Z06 is like art to me. I hope that GM does some market research before they get too much farther into this. They tried to do a futuristic look with some retro styling. In my opinion I don't think that it worked out too well. Oh well, just my opinion.

dingrao 03-01-2009 01:20 PM

I think it's very, very cool! :cool:

While I would change a few things, (The headlights look to much like a Japanese Sports car, IMO) I think it's badass looking. Imagine that in Black....

Wow! :thumbs:

Blue by U 03-01-2009 11:18 PM

Pretty cool. Not a fan of the front grill.

Stifun 03-02-2009 04:33 PM

Not a fan of the new Concept the current one looks amazing they should just improve it and not go all retro with this Concept Vette.

Carbon_77 03-05-2009 05:59 PM

Looks great!