CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/)
-   -   Headers in IL - emissions trouble? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes/2258668-headers-in-il-emissions-trouble.html)

twold 02-22-2009 08:00 PM

Headers in IL - emissions trouble?

Alright you boys from Illinois. Can anyone tell me if I will have a problem passing Illinois emissions tesing if I install LT Headers with high flow cats and X pipe on my C5(& Tune)? What should I look out for here?

vettejet2004 02-22-2009 08:26 PM

Headers

As long as the tune is done properly, they never look under the hood. They plug into the computer read out, if no faults are indicated you pass.

johnnyvettes 02-22-2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by vettejet2004 (Post 1569049232)
As long as the tune is done properly, they never look under the hood. They plug into the computer read out, if no faults are indicated you pass.

:iagree::iagree:

DevilDog II 02-23-2009 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by vettejet2004 (Post 1569049232)

:iagree: I've never had a problem passing it with my car. :cheers:

DPG 02-23-2009 03:17 PM

as long as the rear o2s are deleted out with your tune, you shouldn't have any issues. I just had to take the vette in for emissions and my car was rumbling the whole testing center with a full exhaust and cam and I passed, lol. they don't even test gas caps anyore. One thing that has changed is that they'd like you to bring in your emissions notice that you get in the mail with you. They use it to scan your car in. If you don't bring it with you, the pass card you got from the previous test will do or they have to manually enter your vin.

Foxman86 02-23-2009 03:19 PM

didnt have a problem I passed with LT's, and catless x-pipe, just make sure your not throwing a code for the o2 sensors

Fuelie74 02-26-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by twold (Post 1569048922)
Alright you boys from Illinois. Can anyone tell me if I will have a problem passing Illinois emissions tesing if I install LT Headers with high flow cats and X pipe on my C5(& Tune)? What should I look out for here?

You mean Dailey's Kingdom not Illinois. I live in Illinois and have NEVER had to take an emissions test.

FrankTank 02-26-2009 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by DPG (Post 1569057754)
as long as the rear o2s are deleted out with your tune, you shouldn't have any issues. I just had to take the vette in for emissions and my car was rumbling the whole testing center with a full exhaust and cam and I passed, lol. they don't even test gas caps anyore. One thing that has changed is that they'd like you to bring in your emissions notice that you get in the mail with you. They use it to scan your car in. If you don't bring it with you, the pass card you got from the previous test will do or they have to manually enter your vin.

:iagree::iagree:

yankee0304 02-27-2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fuelie74 (Post 1569093755)
You mean Dailey's Kingdom not Illinois. I live in Illinois and have NEVER had to take an emissions test.

In Crook and counties pretty much surrounding, and counties around the St. Louis area have to be tested due to air quality issues. It's all mandated by the EPA.

The vast majority of Illinois is sparsely populated enough that air quality is not a significant issue, and therefore testing is not required.

yell01 03-08-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by yankee0304 (Post 1569114343)
In Crook and counties pretty much surrounding, and counties around the St. Louis area have to be tested due to air quality issues. It's all mandated by the EPA.

The vast majority of Illinois is sparsely populated enough that air quality is not a significant issue, and therefore testing is not required.

I haven't had to go for an emissions test in at least 10 years. Might be because I don't keep my cars long enough. :lol: