CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   mustang insults (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/2276754-mustang-insults.html)

urfubar 03-16-2009 06:36 AM

mustang insults

A person continues to insult corvettes; staing Z0 sick etc, after having skinned theee asses several times....anyone know if any clever comebacks or would like to join me in smoking these pony lovers in my area? Thaks for you consideration...dot forget the wave.

SilentFright 03-16-2009 07:14 AM

It will probably take more than some clever comeback to remove him from the ego maniacal realm in which he resides. When people start talking trash around here it is time to throw on the Mickey Thompsons and head to the Motor-Plex. 99% of the time the sh*t talkers don't even show up, which solidifies the conclusion that they are simply talking trash in order to make themselves feel better (or to impress their friends). Most sh*t talkers have little to no automotive knowledge and are arguing because it is all they can do.

RSchleder 03-16-2009 07:42 AM

Yes, pay no attention to them!:thumbs:

moserbe 03-16-2009 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by RSchleder (Post 1569315868)
Yes, pay no attention to them!:thumbs:

:iagree:

tnarg 03-16-2009 07:53 AM

Well, you might hear from several forum members.

We have one member called z0sick (avatar) and on a license plate, along with ten (10) other members with a derivative of z0sick.

I don't think you will need a flame suit, but you may receive a comment or two.

Have a nice day.

poolboy 03-16-2009 08:09 AM

Unless you're both willing to take it to a track, I would say let it go. Trying to compare a Mustang to a Vette has been done for a long time, and we all know the result. Just because he wants to puff himself up, don't play his game. Whatever you do, keep your head - no street racing.

Ralphyboy 03-16-2009 08:46 AM

Most insults are a form of flattery. They are so jealous of you because you have a Vette, and they don't. I take this stuff as a compliment, and laugh it off. If a Mustang was so good, why would it bother them that you have a Vette? Does it bother you, that they drive a Mustang? Would you rather trade your vette for a Mustang?

Take it to the track, and end the conversation. Eating dust has a way of making people shut up.

cozer1 03-16-2009 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ralphyboy (Post 1569316255)
Most insults are a form of flattery. They are so jealous of you because you have a Vette, and they don't. I take this stuff as a compliment, and laugh it off. If a Mustang was so good, why would it bother them that you have a Vette? Does it bother you, that they drive a Mustang? Would you rather trade your vette for a Mustang?

Take it to the track, and end the conversation. Eating dust has a way of making people shut up.

:iagree::D

9secondflat 03-16-2009 08:58 AM

when they grow up....if they can afford one they will get a vette..

ZR1991 03-16-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by moserbe (Post 1569315879)
:iagree:

Yes, who cares? There is no end to this kind of thing, except to move on.

08 ATOMIC-Z 03-16-2009 09:07 AM

Hand them you last time slip. Tell them to come back when they can match it. If they persist go to the track. After a few tail whoopins they will shut up, probably sell the mustang and buy a Vette.:thumbs:

jrose7004 03-16-2009 09:14 AM

I would just ignore them.

jlsru 03-16-2009 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by jrose7004 (Post 1569316474)

Me too.Not worth it.

C5C6Norm 03-16-2009 09:20 AM

:iagree: Move on, don't waste your time.

CarBoy 03-16-2009 09:29 AM

Well guys that's not what he asked for.........

I usually refer to them as "Rust-Stains" or "Puss-Stains" as everyone knows on a crisp clear night you can hear them rust. Tell them how "fat" their car is and come talk to you when they shave 500+ lbs off their car, and why are they trying to compare your car to theirs anyway? They are clearly in 2 different classes.
But at least compliment them on not owning "rice"

urfubar 03-16-2009 09:49 AM

rust stains :)

thanks brothers....they wont meet up to solve and are just stroking their egos...

But, more insults (truth) please :)

Ralphyboy 03-16-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Singularity (Post 1569316621)
Well guys that's not what he asked for.........

I usually refer to them as "Rust-Stains" or "Puss-Stains" as everyone knows on a crisp clear night you can hear them rust. Tell them how "fat" their car is and come talk to you when they shave 500+ lbs off their car, and why are they trying to compare your car to theirs anyway? They are clearly in 2 different classes.
But at least compliment them on not owning "rice"

OK, I get your point.

Tell them it's a nice car considering it is a Ford Falcon with a different body. True. The first Mustangs were Ford Falcons ( little 6 cyl econo cars) with a different body on it ( Mustang body). The first Mustangs had 6 cyl engines ( actually like the Vettes, but don't say that :rofl:).

Or, ask them if they need a tetanus shot to ride in their car, with all the "rust " on it.:D

Ask if their 0 to 60 time is seconds, or minutes.:thumbs:

Tell them you prefer a vette because it only seats two "people", not 4 "a**holes", like a Mustang.:rofl:

Does that work for ya?

BTW, I forgot to add. My son goes to college at Elon University in NC. Last time I was down there to get him set up at school, I was heading back to my hotel in the Vette, and got stuck in traffic in Burlington. Some moron in an F350 truck pulled up next to me, and was power braking ,smoking his rear tires while STUCK IN TRAFFIC. Unbelieveable. How many ways can you say "STUPID"? All I could do was laugh. His other vehicle was probably a Mustang. :ack: :rofl::rofl:

csexton 03-16-2009 09:58 AM

:iagree: In one ear and out the other :thumbs:

Chuck

tommie 03-16-2009 10:01 AM

real cars don't have back seats...

i have a srt turbo neon guy that has all kids of crap done to his car, that has been talking trash for a few months now. I always tell him to meet me at the track and we can see what happens, or tell him
that real cars don't have a back seat.
or what are these other 2 doors for?
or no matter what you do to that car, it is still a neon.

no race yet, just excuses...

04 commemorative 03-16-2009 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 9secondflat (Post 1569316345)
when they grow up....if they can afford one they will get a vette..

I think it's more like when everyone grows up....vette owners too!
Come on is this 3rd grade"